Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdated Drivers
CCleaner tells me  "You have 11 outdated drivers" is it safe to ask them to "Resolve" the problem?.
(14-04-2024, 10:54 AM)Pato Wrote: CCleaner tells me  "You have 11 outdated drivers" is it safe to ask them to "Resolve" the problem?.

ccleaner is a marketing machine nowadays.  This will just be an attempt to get you to buy something.  Personally I now uninstall CCleaner and just install it when i want to use it, or use a portable version.

As for the drivers, they generally do not need updating or get outdated, windows will take care of 99% of driver updates.  If it ain't broke etc...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(14-04-2024, 11:25 AM)king1 Wrote:
(14-04-2024, 10:54 AM)Pato Wrote: CCleaner tells me  "You have 11 outdated drivers" is it safe to ask them to "Resolve" the problem?.

ccleaner is a marketing machine nowadays.  This will just be an attempt to get you to buy something.  Personally I now uninstall CCleaner and just install it when i want to use it, or use a portable version.

As for the drivers, they generally do not need updating or get outdated, windows will take care of 99% of driver updates.  If it ain't broke etc...

Thanks for your advice. I also use Firefox and they continually update it. As usual I did this the other day and lost all my bookmarks. Gave up trying to retrieve them.

I am now reluctant to do any of this again. As you say. If it ain't broke etc. Good advice.