Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act says it how it is regarding methane
Greens can get stuffed and Act is putting them in their place.
This country used to have 70 million sheep,now down to only 25 million but that's still not good enough for them?
How do they think they can reduce methane without reducing animals?
If their plan is to remove animals then that won't help our economy will it?
Or taxing the poor farmers will make our weather better won't it, meanwhile making food unaffordable?
Now national are proposing genetic engineering as the solution which I'm not too keen on along with methane inhibitors etc, but they asked for it.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
The reason the national flock is down, is that plastic fibres - fossil fuel derived - have replaced wool, and producing meat has become more expensive than the consumer really likes.

People are losing their lives, their livelihoods, their homes, and their future because of climate change. And yet still, there are those who refuse to acknowledge the reality of it. I guess denial is more comfortable than understanding the price our continued refusal to change our ways is placing on others.
Yes, the sheep have disappeared because a ''better'' alternative knocked them off the shelf. And the dairy and meat industry need to be aware of this...but they won't see it of course. In my life it was the British motorcycle industry, they thought those little Japanese motorcycles were just a fad, nothing to be concerned about.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Just another ACT party ex-farmer preaching to his voter base with total disregard to science: https://www.iea.org/reports/global-metha...ate-change
The reality is climate change is going to cost everyone big time. Farmers will suffer badly if they do not seize the opportunities it offers and start making changes now. Just as city dwellers have to do, especially those in flood plains, coastal areas, and places where access routes are threatened.

Weather affects all of us, and as climate responds to the changing environment weather patterns too will affect every living thing on the planet.

Even ostriches.
(27-04-2024, 01:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The reality is climate change is going to cost everyone big time. Farmers will suffer badly if they do not seize the opportunities it offers and start making changes now. Just as city dwellers have to do, especially those in flood plains, coastal areas, and places where access routes are threatened.

Weather affects all of us, and as climate responds to the changing environment weather patterns too will affect every living thing on the planet.

Even ostriches.

Its difficult to understand whether its wilful ignorance or just plain ignorance.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
This from Chris Slane in The Listener pretty much sums it up

[Image: GMSmdPwaEAAwTAp?format=jpg&name=medium]
(29-04-2024, 06:12 PM)harm_less Wrote: This from Chris Slane in The Listener pretty much sums it up

[Image: GMSmdPwaEAAwTAp?format=jpg&name=medium]

Brilliant, right on the money.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)