Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Seymour respnds to outcry over cuts
Well, as best he can since he appears to believe they won't cause any problems at all ever, for anyone...

"
Quote:ACT leader David Seymour is calling for a 'reality check' after outcry over the latest round of job cuts.   
The Associate Education Minister says they dwindle in comparison to growth across the public service under the previous Government.

School's out at Porirua College as the Government continues its clean-out of public service workers, which could include members of the school lunches team.   
"We know that Māori and Pasifika students are in the lower-socio-economic groups and school lunches target those groups," said deputy principal John Topp.  
Newshub's also obtained documents showing the Ministry of Education's Te Hurihanganui team, which supports communities to address racism, is also in the firing line. The ministry won't say which roles could go, but changes "have been designed to avoid direct impacts on services to children, teachers and principals/leaders".     
Topp said the education system needs to honour Te Tiriti.  
"If we don't confront our unconscious bias with third-party support, because you can't do it on your own, we are not going to be able to do that," he said.   
But Seymour said: "Having public servants sticking their beaks into how people treat each other has made us a more complicated and divided country."  
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
And the police have turned down another pay offer - and this one even gave overtime pay ! So, they Police have never been payed overtime rates...fucking unbelievable. What an insult. This government has no idea.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Not just the government though, have no idea when it comes to our cops. Look at the way the public respond to them, it makes me cringe when I hear the insulting way lots of people speak about the police.

Right up until they find themselves in desperate need of the kind of help only a police officer can give.

Better be careful, the way things are going there simply won't be enough of these heroes to go around.
A suggestion that's gained some traction on Twitter in the last days is that confirmation of a sick child that isn't fit to attend school may be achieved by photographing evidence of diarrhea to the minister in question, if not sending physical proof to remove all doubt. Rolleyes
(19-04-2024, 09:07 AM)harm_less Wrote: A suggestion that's gained some traction on Twitter in the last days is that confirmation of a sick child that isn't fit to attend school may be achieved by photographing evidence of diarrhea to the minister in question, if not sending physical proof to remove all doubt. Rolleyes

Well...that's a novel suggestion, & I don't doubt that some parents will be only too happy to provide such proof... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

I've heard of 'Nanny govt' before but perhaps we'll now have 'Dr govt' instead. Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)