Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group targeted by Tamaki cancels tour
Miserable, narrow minded, bigoted bullies. And no doubt this will be seen by the McBishop & his followers as a victory.
I hope this group are successful, because if not then this lot will continue to try to restrict anyone & anything they don't happen to approve of.

And I'm not an expert on the law, but I wonder whether or not this might count as restricting their civil liberties. Specifically the right to be free from discrimination.

https://www.howtolaw.co/know-your-civil-...%20seizure

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/...45e5&ei=17

Quote:The ultimate action in anti-bullying': Rainbow storytime group targeted by Brian Tamaki cancels tour
A rainbow storytime group targeted by Destiny Church leader Brian Tamaki and supporters is cancelling its nationwide tour to focus on court action. 
Events in Rotorua and Gisborne were shut down amid continuous protest activity by Tamaki's supporters, which also saw Gisborne's rainbow crossing vandalised. 
In a Facebook post, Rainbow Storytime NZ, comprised of Erika Flash [drag queen Daniel Lockett] and Coco [founder Sunita Torrance], said it was "very upset and disappointed" to cancel the nationwide tour planned for later this year. 
"We had an entirely new show ready to go with new books and new songs and new costumes. 
"We know there will be MANY sad kids and parents out there but with the current climate and ERIKA FLASH now staying on in London, we are going to press pause on everything we are doing." 
The Facebook post said they would focus their energy on taking "that hateful, icky group to court to try and create more widespread change in Aotearoa". 
The pair told Newshub last month they were planning to take legal action against Tamaki and are fundraising for the fight.
"This is the ultimate action in anti-bullying and the ultimate message of what our Storytimes are about so we want to do our best!" 
Rainbow Storytime NZ said it was determined to do another tour next year once it had time to regroup.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I would consider it good news, we need to uphold some level of morals for our children.
Tamaki and his mates could have handled the situation a bit more respectfully however.
Mind you Posie Parker received a ton of abuse from the LGBT crowd, so its a bit one sided if they can get away with it.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
I find it amusing when people claim to be looking after 'our' interests while working against those of others.
Interesting too that it is their morals they hold the rest of us to...

Who died and made them the boss?
(26-04-2024, 06:48 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I would consider it good news, we need to uphold some level of morals for our children.
Tamaki and his mates could have handled the situation a bit more respectfully however.
Mind you Posie Parker received a ton of abuse from the LGBT crowd, so its a bit one sided if they can get away with it.

There is nothing in the least moral about deliberately 'othering' a group of people. Dodgy

Kids love stories, & kids love dressing up. If my kids were of an age to go to the library & be read stories then they'd be going & with luck they might learn a bit of empathy & understanding from the experience.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Typical religion - our way or no way.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(27-04-2024, 12:06 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Typical religion - our way or no way.

Perhaps one day in the far future, our species might just mature enough to manage without religions. If we don't manage to annihilate ourselves first...