Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good experience with OneNZ tech support
Thumbs Up 
So for some time now my fibre only has a 100mb download speed, even though I got an email some time back saying that my fibre had been upgraded free of charge to 300mb download speed.
After calling them, they made some excuse that my line is not on Chorus, but ultrafast fibre and the lines they manage dont provide those speeds yet and some other vague reason, i gave up in the end.

I gave up worrying about it in the end as i was getting by at 100 all this time, but my parents live just round the corner and i tested their speed recently and found they were getting 300!
Still didnt have the time to chase them up and ask this, but by now I get a call this week from their sales team and it turns out they had set me up with a business account unbeknown to me all this time!
I bought up the subject about my download speeds and they told me right away that thats not right what I was told.
He said to call 888 and you will get someone based in NZ who can help, so i did that and this was at the end of the day, but they still sorted out the issue within minutes.

Turns out that my ONT has an issue and he could see at his end that it was throttling down to 100megs.
He then told me he was going to get ultrafast fibre to switch the ONT port over to a different port and get me to switch the ethernet cable over, all this done in the matter of 10mins after putting the phone down with them, notified in a txt message when complete.
Worked a treat after that, typically ive had to wait days in some cases for this with regular household customers for this sort of thing.

Just goes to show how these telcos treat business over residential customers.
Here all this time i would call their regular 0800 number and get their overseas call centre and not a single member told me I was a business customer and to call their business team.
Im not complaining, but it still sucks that i have been given the run around all this time, not only on the phone, but in store too!
Its almost like you have to tell these guys how to do their job, but they dont listen, even though you know more about the issue than they do.

Feel a bit sorry for residential customers who dont have access to the priority service, once upon a time like 20+ years ago, everybody got the same customer service.
It feels like im in an exclusive club or something lol
I switched to Now NZ a couple of years back, local company out of Napier I think. On the few occasions I rang them they answer straight away. $105 for gigabit fibre, $5 for phone, $5 for static IP...
Not sure I would ever use vodafone? but a good result for you this time...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(27-04-2024, 11:18 AM)king1 Wrote: I switched to Now NZ a couple of years back, local company out of Napier I think.  On the few occasions I rang them they answer straight away.  $105 for gigabit fibre, $5 for phone, $5 for static IP...
Not sure I would ever use vodafone? but a good result for you this time...

Thats not too bad a deal for gigabit, i have heard some good stuff about Now NZ.
I dont think I would really need gigabit personally, but they are giving me everything you have for roughly $90 a month.
My contract expires later in the year, so might shop around but they said they can give me a better deal at the end of it, so will see what they come up with.
Im only with vodafone because ive always had a mobile with them and they offered me a good price on fibre at the time it was rolled out here.