Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paula Bennet returns..
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here?  Rolleyes

oh joy...

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/...af162&ei=8

Quote:Former Deputy Prime Minister Paula Bennett is taking up a new role as the boss of Pharmac's board.
The former National MP, who was in politics for 15 years before leaving in 2020, held portfolios including social development, associate finance, state services, social housing, police, local government and tourism.
Now, she's been appointed as a member and chair of Pharmac's board.
"Paula brings a wealth of experience to this role, with extensive experience in governance and organisational change," Associate Health Minister David Seymour said in announcing the appointment on Sunday.
"As chair, Paula will lead the Pharmac board in their role of managing the pharmaceutical schedule and driving greater efficiencies and access to medicine for New Zealanders."
For the 2023/24 financial year, Pharmac's Government-allocated pharmaceutical budget is $1.245 billion. The agency invests this into medicines, vaccines and related products for New Zealanders. 
Pharmac's 2022/23 spend was $1.186 billion - far lower than Australia's AU$17 billion, however unlike New Zealand, Australia doesn't have a fixed budget.
"I'm confident that Paula has the leadership qualities that will make her the best person to make the decisions needed to ensure that Pharmac is world-leading," Seymour said.
"As the Minister for Social Development, she led significant reforms to the national welfare system. In her current role, she leads engagement with select corporate, government, large developers, and private stakeholders as the National Director of Customer Engagement and Advisory at Bayleys Realty Group."
Bennett will take up the role from May 13.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I hope I have the same problems as her...whatever medication she needs will have a good supply.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(28-04-2024, 06:39 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I hope I have the same problems as her...whatever medication she needs will have a good supply.

Yeah, that would be the best thing to hope for...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
https://www.facebook.com/www.redsky.tv

Bryan Bruce on this appointment. Cui Bono is dead right.
(29-04-2024, 11:37 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/www.redsky.tv

AKA cronyism or follow the money.
(29-04-2024, 11:51 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(29-04-2024, 11:37 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/www.redsky.tv

AKA cronyism or follow the money.

Most will remember her for publicisng details of those two Mums who complained when the student allowance, (whatever it was called)  was removed, which made it harder for parents on a DPB to study.
Came across this just now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=957...1758638926
She got her degree courtesy of the Training Incentive Allowance, and withdrew it for tertiary study as Minister. She also leveraged the system as a solo mum to get housing, despite her dad buying her a unit when she became a young mum. He was an interesting man, her dad, my dh worked for him at Smith and Brown in Taupo when Paula was being a challenging teen, and in those days it was a small town when it came to knowing everyone else's business. The whole family had interesting dynamics - Paula for instance was well into adulthood before she met her half brother, and they have a close friendship these days. Both are very focused on personal wealth creation, career driven, and are doing very well for themselves. But they work at it and sacrifice personal stuff to the cause. And are still very family oriented...

I guess it goes with the personality type. I don't think I'd swap lives though, I value being stressfree far too much!
What a revolting hypocritical woman she is, I can't stand her. She is well matched to her bully boy faced master, Luxon. A person with this much certainty about how to conduct a personal life, let alone that of a whole country, is totally out of touch with the reality on the ground for most ordinary people.

Chasing after money obsessively enables one to escape the hard but enlightening/unpalatable lessons one learns from facing reality full on rather than hiding behind ceaseless activity involving money-grubbing, thereby bypassing/avoiding deep thinking, you can't take it with you when you go.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
More & more, I'm thinking that all MPs should be obliged to live on the equivalent of the lowest benefit/wages during their time in Parliament, & unless they live permanently in Welly, should be housed in a Kainga Ora unit during their term. Any assets they may have - money, houses etc. etc. should remain theirs but be inaccessible, (except in cases of an emergency) which would enable all politicians to comprehend properly, possibly for the first time, just how damn difficult it is for some people in these times..

Its unorthodox but I think it has a good chance of getting the message across to all politicians; & might have the added bonus of deterring some from entering politics.
With any sort of luck...
https://bryanbruce.substack.com/p/what-a...irect=true