Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphene could make its way to CPU's quicker than we expect.
Also interesting to hear about that elecjet graphene battery, I always thought this was still years away.
But looks like groundbreaking developments have been made into implementing graphene into integrated circuits.
I wonder how soon it will arrive into our desktop CPU's?
I imagine it may require a redesign of the CPU to work with the material, then they'd have to make prototypes etc, and even if the process is compatible with current production lines, still require some kind of retooling, probably still a while away before anything gets to market. I expect the battery was much easier.
(30-04-2024, 08:18 AM)Agent_24 Wrote: I imagine it may require a redesign of the CPU to work with the material, then they'd have to make prototypes etc, and even if the process is compatible with current production lines, still require some kind of retooling, probably still a while away before anything gets to market. I expect the battery was much easier.

Well that was one upside according to the video it can be introduced relatively easily into existing semiconductor fabrication methods, using fairly inexpensive equipment.
I guess R&D still takes some time before a product is available, but alot of this work has been going on behind the scenes for a while.
I wouldnt be surprised if Intel is eying up this technology too, since they got left behind in the race with E-UV, etc.
I would give it 10 years, but we are probably already half way through that timeline already.