Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A well travelled cat
Sneaky little devil.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world-news/35026...amazon-box

Quote:A Utah couple have been reunited with their beloved cat Galeana after they accidentally mailed it in an Amazon package.
For nearly a week, the cat remained trapped in the package and survived without food or water.
One of cat’s owner Carrie Clark told NBC's Utah affiliate KSLTV that she noticed Galeana was missing from the house on April 10.
The couple searched their house and neighbourhood, and plastered missing posters around town to find the pet, KSLTV reported.
"Galeana loves boxes, it's just part of her personality," Carrie Clark told KSLTV.
The indoor cat was rescued by an Amazon worker after six days from the package that also contained a pair of steel-toe work boots.
The Amazon worker took Galeana to a vet who scanned the cat's microchip to get her owner’s details. The vet then called Clark in Utah.
Clark and her husband then travelled more than 1600km to California to bring their kitty home.
"It was an amazing reunion. Galeana instantly stopped shaking and relaxed in my arms when I got to hold her again.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I saw that, wonder how many lives it used up on the way?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(29-04-2024, 07:51 PM)king1 Wrote: I saw that, wonder how many lives it used up on the way?

It'd have to be at least nine... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I was reading about that, surprised no one actually heard any meows coming out of that package!
(30-04-2024, 01:59 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I was reading about that, surprised no one actually heard any meows coming out of that package!

I wondered about that too, & presumably the poor cat will have had to go toilet in there as well so you'd think someone might have noticed any smell.
(30-04-2024, 03:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-04-2024, 01:59 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I was reading about that, surprised no one actually heard any meows coming out of that package!

I wondered about that too, & presumably the poor cat will have had to go toilet in there as well so you'd think someone might have noticed any smell.

Now that brings some terrible pictures into my head. Can just imagine what condition the cardboard box was in!
(30-04-2024, 06:51 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(30-04-2024, 03:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I wondered about that too, & presumably the poor cat will have had to go toilet in there as well so you'd think someone might have noticed any smell.

Now that brings some terrible pictures into my head. Can just imagine what condition the cardboard box was in!

Yes, poor thing, no wonder she was trembling.