Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11 marketshare dropping
while windows 10 has apparently risen slightly.
Appears this is due to ads according to this video.
(06-05-2024, 03:08 PM)nzoomed Wrote: while windows 10 has apparently risen slightly.
Appears this is due to ads according to this video.
Since Windows 10 is whining my Vm can't install windows 11, I expect this is my last windows version, and will likely go for some linux distribution next.
will be interesting to see if that changes next year with Windows 10 end of support
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Will be interesting indeed.
I have come across the odd issue where some older programs might not work on 11, but largely its been fairly trouble free, there were a few bugs in the early edition, but seem to be addressed from what i can tell.
I think Microsoft is slowly changing their business model to a subscription based one and you may see that windows becomes a service rather than a product and will cost nothing at the expense of advertising, or you pay a subscription and get rid of ads.
But it seems to go deeper than just advertising, there have been a number of privacy concerns surrounding tracking and sharing of data with third parties, but there is a tool you can run to go through a bunch of registry hacks to turn all that stuff off.
Im still on 10 however as ive never really seen the need to upgrade yet. would be nice if linux rises in popularity. In europe its much more prevalent.