Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oz mushroom poisoning
The woman suspected is to plead not guilty.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/austral...X5J7M6NUY/

Quote:She is accused of killing her former in-laws, Don and Gail Patterson, both 70, and Gail’s sister Heather Wilkinson, 66.
All three died in hospital days after consuming an allegedly deadly mushroom meal at Patterson’s Leongatha home, in South Gippsland, on July 29, 2023.
She is also accused of the attempted murder of her ex-husband Simon at the lunch and on three occasions dating back to 2021, and the attempted murder of Wilkinson’s husband Ian, 68.
Patterson pleaded not guilty to all eight of her charges on Tuesday, including three counts of murder and five counts of attempted murder.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
She totally looks guilty, if not mentally unwell.
In my opinion, people who kill others are all mentally unwell. Either that or they are really really stupid. Which might be the same thing in many ways...
(07-05-2024, 10:12 PM)nzoomed Wrote: She totally looks guilty, if not mentally unwell.

She does - & surely they can't all be just unfortunate photos.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(08-05-2024, 03:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 10:12 PM)nzoomed Wrote: She totally looks guilty, if not mentally unwell.

She does - & surely they can't all be just unfortunate photos.

Agreed, probably the best place for her is in a psychiatric unit
(09-05-2024, 11:53 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 03:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: She does - & surely they can't all be just unfortunate photos.

Agreed, probably the best place for her is in a psychiatric unit

That seems a likely outcome - she might be found not guilty but it doesn't look much like it at present.
(09-05-2024, 11:58 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 11:53 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Agreed, probably the best place for her is in a psychiatric unit

That seems a likely outcome - she might be found not guilty but it doesn't look much like it at present.

Even if found guilty, thats very much possible, would not be surprised if her defence pleads insanity.
(09-05-2024, 12:36 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 11:58 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: That seems a likely outcome - she might be found not guilty but it doesn't look much like it at present.

Even if found guilty, thats very much possible, would not be surprised if her defence pleads insanity.

Such a waste really, when you think how her skills might have been useful for politicians - theirs,or ours - or both.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin