Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to school lunches
(10-05-2024, 03:02 PM)harm_less Wrote: Wink 
[Image: GNLOEnlacAAMKFM?format=jpg&name=medium]

Ahhh! Not just me with the facetious ideas then, lol...
(10-05-2024, 03:02 PM)harm_less Wrote: Wink 
[Image: GNLOEnlacAAMKFM?format=jpg&name=medium]

YESSS!! Let it be so! Brilliant idea.. & I bet if it was put the vote across the country, most of us would be in favour. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Is it just me or is there some woke stuff in the corner section?
Oh, those carrots are definitely woke !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(10-05-2024, 10:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: There are basic skills which ought to be taught in schools - budgeting, parenting & cooking so that every last person is capable of making a meal of some kind.

And empathy too in every school throughout all their years of schooling.

Critical thinking skills would be a good one too, so we don't end up with more flat earthers and 5G chemtrail idiots.

The government would never support that though, of course. People might start thinking critically about them...
how about people just feed their own kids [Removed: Rule 2A]
yes i know
(11-05-2024, 06:06 AM)jim157 Wrote: how about people just feed their own kids [Removed: Rule 2A]

Ah yes, because nothing shows understanding of complex social issues quite like the one who tells you to punch yourself in the face.
(11-05-2024, 06:06 AM)jim157 Wrote: how about people just feed their own kids [Removed: Rule 2A]

my wife keeps coming back to the "people just feed their own kids" thing...  

I try to tell her, in a perfect world they would, but in some cases shit gets in the way of good intentions, money issues, just plain laziness etc.  

But why should we as a society allow a child to repeat the same cycles of poverty when there is something meaningful and relatively cheap they can do to intervene in that child's life...  It's not the child's fault they (may) have douchebag parents
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
give it a crack it might wake you up

what complex social issues?

left government paying people to breed children they cant afford or look after then using millions of taxpayer dollars to feed them lunches most of them wont eat because they only want chips n fizzy drink then the one eyed left supporters on here complaining about a cheaper option
if the children are hungry they will eat sandwiches if they arnt hungry they wont eat them and they will go to the piggs jus like the expensive ones
yes i know
Here's what happens when a misguided government doesn't support citizens to help in their lives:

Facing a ‘national emergency,’ South Korea president urges citizens to have more babies

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/sto...ore-babies

and:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/4/12...ity-crisis

The National Party and its followers are ancient dinosaurs living in the past where money is a focus for all their attention and their meaning in life, they haven't realised that money is a lubricant in the economy to be used to improve all our lives and as such, just a tool to be used to do that.

Hoarding money and taking austerity measures are a recipe for even more disastrous economic woes.

At the moment the government of New Zealand is being run by inept idiots voted in by easily deceived uninformed voters {business people} looking for easy bucks.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(11-05-2024, 06:06 AM)jim157 Wrote: how about people just feed their own kids [Removed: Rule 2A]

Howabout we arrange our economies so some schoolkids don't have to work a forty hour week to contribute to their family's budget? When housing rentals are taking the majority of working families income it is no wonder school lunches are well down the priority list.

Does the roof over your head take more than 30 percent of your gross income? Mine does, and it is subsidised social housing! Private rentals are a hell of a lot worse than that!

Reality continues to escape some people...
(11-05-2024, 06:06 AM)jim157 Wrote: how about people just feed their own kids [Removed: Rule 2A]

How about people are paid a livable wage, so they can feed their own kids. Sad

(10-05-2024, 11:45 PM)Agent_24 Wrote:
(10-05-2024, 10:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: There are basic skills which ought to be taught in schools - budgeting, parenting & cooking so that every last person is capable of making a meal of some kind.

And empathy too in every school throughout all their years of schooling.

Critical thinking skills would be a good one too, so we don't end up with more flat earthers and 5G chemtrail idiots.

The government would never support that though, of course. People might start thinking critically about them...

Well then, that has the makings of being an excellent idea. Rolleyes Big Grin

(11-05-2024, 08:33 AM)king1 Wrote:

my wife keeps coming back to the "people just feed their own kids" thing...  

I try to tell her, in a perfect world they would, but in some cases shit gets in the way of good intentions, money issues, just plain laziness etc.  

But why should we as a society allow a child to repeat the same cycles of poverty when there is something meaningful and relatively cheap they can do to intervene in that child's life...  It's not the child's fault they (may) have douchebag parents

That's it exactly; if kids are going hungry you don't muck about questioning the skills of their parents, you just feed the kids. Then help then to eventually be better parents.

Celia Lashlie had it right, get in there with the Mothers, give them help & support to be good parents. If we could do that around the whole country, then it would benefit future generations.

But its far easier to point the finger at those already struggling, & make things harder for them...the usual rightwing bash bash bash approach.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It is hard to step out of our own shoes and understand the paths other people walk in, until that day when our own life is turned upside down by the unexpected and unplanned. It is even harder when the life we live comes courtesy of previous generations of people who also never experienced those lives we do not understand.

Just as there is intergenerational hardship and deprivation, there is intergenerational wellbeing and shelter. And the view from each of those states is very, very different.
(11-05-2024, 08:39 AM)jim157 Wrote: give it a crack it might wake you up

what complex social issues?

left government paying people to breed children they cant afford or look after then using millions of taxpayer dollars to feed them lunches most of them wont eat because they only want chips n fizzy drink then the one eyed left supporters on here  complaining about a cheaper option
if the children are hungry they will eat sandwiches if they arnt hungry they wont eat them and they will go to the piggs jus like the expensive ones

Presumably by the ridiculous phrase 'paying people to breed children' you're referring to what was the DPB, used to support one parent families of all kinds.

And presumably, you'd rather those one parent families starved to death? Quietly of course so as not to upset the delicate,refined feelings of those who consider themselves their 'betters' due to having more money? Rolleyes

Money often gained through oppressing others - requiring lengthy work hours for starvation wages, for example, or charging high rents for hovels.

Or of course,those one parent families could be made to work couldn't they - again, for lengthy hours for little pay while their children survive as best they can; or you could chuck them into orphanages & make them work too. AND charge their parents for their keep - win,win!

I used to think the idiot right wing greed crazed NeoLiberals wanted to take us all back to 19th Century Dickensian times; now I believe what they really want is a return to feudal times.
Those people lack a conscience & even a shred of empathy. Dodgy Angry

Neo Liberalism must be ended.
(11-05-2024, 08:39 AM)jim157 Wrote: give it a crack it might wake you up

I'm not convinced that it works. Let's see you try it first?

If the process improves perception and intelligence as you claim, then you'll be on the track to becoming a genius if you do it every day.

Let me know once you've been accepted into Mensa.
(11-05-2024, 10:10 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

Howabout we arrange our economies so some schoolkids don't have to work a forty hour week to contribute to their family's budget? When housing rentals are taking the majority of working families income it is no wonder school lunches are well down the priority list.

Does the roof over your head take more than 30 percent of your gross income? Mine does, and it is subsidised social housing! Private rentals are a hell of a lot worse than that!

Reality continues to escape some people...

That though, would make good sense, and help people. The right aren't interested unless there's money to be made - for them, obviously.
I always feel a mite cross when some male talks about 'breeding'. As if they have any idea about the subject. Thank heaven we are slowly 'breeding' them out of the population.

The children 'bred' today are the people whose labour will pay for your old age. Unless of course you are one of those rare birds who does not sign up for super the moment you become eligible.

Even so, chances are a few of them will end up wiping your bum when you can no longer reach...

If you are lucky.
(11-05-2024, 11:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I always feel a mite cross when some male talks about 'breeding'. As if they have any idea about the subject. Thank heaven we are slowly 'breeding' them out of the population.

The children 'bred' today are the people whose labour will pay for your old age. Unless of course you are one of those rare birds who does not sign up for super the moment you become eligible.

Even so, chances are a few of them will end up wiping your bum when you can no longer reach...

If you are lucky.

Sorely tempted to tell my great grandkids not to pay taxes when they grow up,if they're going to help selfish, short sighted right supporters...but that would be  unfair.
Nearly as unfair as the attitude of the idiot right towards those less fortunate.