Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryn Bruce: "We'll need pushbacks"
Bryan Bruce on Luxon & this govt.

Probably the only chance we have of attempting to restrain some of this govt's more damaging policies.
Quote:There is a game show on TV ONE called The Chase which I’m sure many of you will have seen. When the contestants get a score that is just below 20 and it might not be enough to beat The Chaser, the cry is often “We’ll need some pushbacks” to set the Chaser back a step every time they get an answer wrong.
What we need to learn is to pushback against some of the things Luxon’s  Coalition Government is getting wrong through protests and select committee hearings.
A good example is the pushback on David Seymour’s attack on the School Lunches programme. Public reaction made him back track – at least enough to make sure it wasn’t completely abandoned.
Pushing back on the Governments treatment of people with disabilities has helped a bit.
Pushing back on their failed promise to fund 13 new Cancer drugs is showing signs it will work.
Pushing back of Seymour’s Treaty Principles Bill is unifying Māori who are pushing back with protests that I’m hoping will prove effective in persuading Luxon not to support it.
I say “hoping” because Luxon is proving to be such a weak leader even his own party are worried he is being run by Seymour and Peters. Polls show his popularity has plummeted so quickly after becoming Prime Minister that this is starting to look like a one term government.So it’s a good time to pushback on ACT and NZ First more extreme policies.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)