Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contrast This Man With Our "Leader" Luxon
The reporter asked him about his personal fortune and this was his answer - One of Steve Irwin’s last interviews before he died while Filming a documentary in 2006.

https://old.reddit.com/r/interestingasfu...l_fortune/
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
so what?

what about every politicians personal fortune, if you want steve irwin for pm dig him up and vote for him

who do you want running a multi billion dollar business? because thats what a country is.  would you rather have [Removed: Rule 2F/2J] adern?  look at the complete mess her and her cronies made

so what luxon has money so did helen clark but the left lover her and her ilk
yes i know
(09-06-2024, 03:41 PM)zqwerty Wrote: The reporter asked him about his personal fortune and this was his answer - One of Steve Irwin’s last interviews before he died while Filming a documentary in 2006.

https://old.reddit.com/r/interestingasfu...l_fortune/

Much like that footballer, Sadio Mane. More people like them & this world would be a better place.
Quote:https://en.as.com/en/2019/10/17/soccer/1...22970.html
Mané gives a helping hand to those in need
"Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches, or two planes? What will these objects do for me and for the world? I was hungry, and I had to work in the field; I survived hard times, played football barefooted, I did not have an education and many other things, but today with what I earn thanks to football, I can help my people," Mané explained.
 "I built schools, a stadium, we provide clothes, shoes, food for people who are in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people in a very poor region of Senegal which contributes to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me".
Back home in Senegal, Mané has funded the construction of a school in Bambali, work on the new school began before the summer.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Oooooh Jim! I have competition for being snide, it would appear...
The business sector is a small part of the overall country not a raison d'etre. Only dummies who have sacrificed their souls through lack of imagination end up existing to gather money and material goods, to the detriment of us all when it is taken to exaggerated limits.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
A lot of people worshipped Steve Irwin. I never saw the attraction.
(09-06-2024, 04:59 PM)jim157 Wrote: who do you want running a multi billion dollar business? because thats what a country is.  

Treating a country like a multi billion dollar business is not really in the best interests of that society, lack of ethics and responsibility, self serving motives, that kind of thing. Perhaps a non profit...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(09-06-2024, 05:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: A lot of people worshipped Steve Irwin. I never saw the attraction.

Not just me,then...I thought him a bit rash & foolhardy really, inclined to talk rather than think first - but he did manage to help animals to some extent so deserves credit for that at least.

(09-06-2024, 04:59 PM)jim157 Wrote: so what?

what about every politicians personal fortune, if you want steve irwin for pm dig him up and vote for him

who do you want running a multi billion dollar business? because thats what a country is.  would you rather have [Removed: Rule 2F/2J] adern?  look at the complete mess her and her cronies made

IMO, no one who is excessively wealthy should ever be permitted to become a politician because they can have no understanding of the reality for those who are on low wages/benefit.

And big business has no place  with any govt.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

No. A business would never go to war with its neighbours.

That's a pretty messed up piece of text but I think I get your general drift.

The supporters of the coalition have swallowed the "mess that Labour left NZ in" line completely. Never mind that Labour had a pandemic to deal with and something like 20,000+ NZers are alive thanks to their competent disease management measures. Also the international credit assessors are in agreement that our state of accounts is looking far better than just about any other OECD country post COVID despite what tripe Willis is coming out with.

The prime directive for NZ should now be to arsehole this bunch of clowns ASAP to minimise the damage they do to our environment and international good standing. The general consensus is that we have the most corrupt governments in the country's history, which says a lot considering Muldoon's dictatorial style of governing, and keep in mind that Winston is a pupil of Muldoon's.

The loyalty that Trump still possesses in the US despite his criminal antics and psychologically unbalanced public persona and it's disappointing to see similarly misguided support for a government that is currently dealing with internal discipline issues, financial miscalculations, badly considered political policy and rookie diplomatic performances multiple times per week in the past months. I predict a major internal bun fight before its first year in power is up which will see shit sticking to all who are close enough and not politically savvy enough to gain cover. Hopefully that will result in a chance for the electorate to put their opinion into votes for a government who really do have NZ's best long term interests at heart.
(09-06-2024, 06:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 04:59 PM)jim157 Wrote: who do you want running a multi billion dollar business? because thats what a country is.  

Treating a country like a multi billion dollar business is not really in the best interests of that society, lack of ethics and responsibility, self serving motives, that kind of thing.  Perhaps a non profit...

where do you think the money comes from to run the place, taxpayers, and taxpayers want to see their money used properly not just poured down some bottomless hole like the previous clownshow did
yes i know
(10-06-2024, 07:19 AM)jim157 Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 06:55 PM)king1 Wrote: Treating a country like a multi billion dollar business is not really in the best interests of that society, lack of ethics and responsibility, self serving motives, that kind of thing.  Perhaps a non profit...

where do you think the money comes from to run the place, taxpayers, and taxpayers want to see their money used properly not just poured down some bottomless hole like the previous clownshow did

I guess that argument hinges on your definition of "used properly" - I for one am glad the previous government put people first and saved countless lives in trying times...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Generally, when there's a large gap between rich & poor the hard right tends to rise in popularity; it happened when the great depression of the 30's  affected so many countries & in Germany, saw the rise of fascism under the maniac Hitler.

The hard right in France is rising again with Marine le Pen's party which has to be just about the last thing needed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/articl...-by-le-pen

And here, we have the greed crazed idocy of the ACT party.
Quote:https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2024/06/10/ac...ams-of-15/

The reality is that Luxon represents the weakest Prime Minister in modern NZ political history and the danger for National is that the social media hate algorithms that are polarising the electorate will empower the hard right fringes while hollowing out the middle voter.
We are seeing this dynamic at play in the polls right now.

ACT have zero interest in being moderate and will continue to play to racist culture war talking points which threatens National.
ACT getting 8.64% was a danger warning of how extreme the Right have become and as National continues to weakly govern, David Seymour will continue to over shine the very dull Luxon.

The ATLAS Network’s involvement in the idealogical structure of ACT was revealed this year but didn’t get beyond Māori Media.
Joshua Drummond’s blog on David Seymour’s refusal to acknowledge any links with the far right Libertarian Think Tank funded by petrol oligarchs and wealthy far right groups is a must read…
(10-06-2024, 07:19 AM)jim157 Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 06:55 PM)king1 Wrote: Treating a country like a multi billion dollar business is not really in the best interests of that society, lack of ethics and responsibility, self serving motives, that kind of thing.  Perhaps a non profit...

Oh ffs, stop talking for the rest of us. I'm a taxpayer, and I'd like to see this country being much more proactive in the face of climate change, to protect all of us, not just to make it easier for the rich to get richer off the backs of the vulnerable.
(10-06-2024, 01:59 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(10-06-2024, 07:19 AM)jim157 Wrote: where do you think the money comes from to run the place, taxpayers, and taxpayers want to see their money used properly not just poured down some bottomless hole like the previous clownshow did

Oh ffs, stop talking for the rest of us. I'm a taxpayer, and I'd like to see this country being much more proactive in the face of climate change, to protect all of us, not just to make it easier for the rich to get richer off the backs of the vulnerable.

How interesting that some on the right politically constantly seem to 'forget' that we're all taxpayers & try to claim that only they pay taxes...
The Right have no overriding/over-arching motives to redeem themselves, underneath all the bluster it's just GREED and EXPLOITATION.

In effect they're going to take us to their promised land where we do all the work more and more and they fleece us all they can whilst giving us fine words and very little else as they undermine the ecosystem around us.
(09-06-2024, 09:21 PM)harm_less Wrote:

That's a pretty messed up piece of text but I think I get your general drift.

The supporters of the coalition have swallowed the "mess that Labour left NZ in" line completely. Never mind that Labour had a pandemic to deal with and something like 20,000+ NZers are alive thanks to their competent disease management measures. Also the international credit assessors are in agreement that our state of accounts is looking far better than just about any other OECD country post COVID despite what tripe Willis is coming out with.

The prime directive for NZ should now be to arsehole this bunch of clowns ASAP to minimise the damage they do to our environment and international good standing. The general consensus is that we have the most corrupt governments in the country's history, which says a lot considering Muldoon's dictatorial style of governing, and keep in mind that Winston is a pupil of Muldoon's.

The loyalty that Trump still possesses in the US despite his criminal antics and psychologically unbalanced public persona and it's disappointing to see similarly misguided support for a government that is currently dealing with internal discipline issues, financial miscalculations, badly considered political policy and rookie diplomatic performances multiple times per week in the past months. I predict a major internal bun fight before its first year in power is up which will see shit sticking to all who are close enough and not politically savvy enough to gain cover. Hopefully that will result in a chance for the electorate to put their opinion into votes for a government who really do have NZ's best long term interests at heart.

(10-06-2024, 09:54 AM)king1 Wrote:
(10-06-2024, 07:19 AM)jim157 Wrote: where do you think the money comes from to run the place, taxpayers, and taxpayers want to see their money used properly not just poured down some bottomless hole like the previous clownshow did

I guess that argument hinges on your definition of "used properly" - I for one am glad the previous government put people first and saved countless lives in trying times...

im sure the mongerl mob appreciated the millions they got and the 50 million spent on the auckland cycle bridge obviously went to people in need
yes i know