Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interislander ferry ran aground on rocks
Doesnt look too good, looks like the ship lost power/steering.
Very reminiscent of the Baltimore bridge disaster when that ship lost power.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35031969...r-steering
hmmm, maybe we need some new Ferries...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Annnnd it's off the sand and free. They moved the cargo (trucks and cars plus freight) towards the back of the ship, moved the water ballast in the same direction to effectively lift the bow and used two small harbour tugs to pull it off the sand at high tide, mission accomplished.

Now standing by whilst evaluation is made to determine cause of stranding due to loss of steering.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(22-06-2024, 08:44 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Doesnt look too good, looks like the ship lost power/steering.
Very reminiscent of the Baltimore bridge disaster when that ship lost power.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35031969...r-steering

We do seem to need new almost everything - including govt.. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
This media piece provides a clear explanation of the powers at play in the interisland ferry saga. Spoiler alert the trucking industry vs. rail.
Our rail system definitely needs updating & reviving & I think most are aware of that, especially those of us who are older & remember the days when rail & the ferry did most of transporting goods, which were also the days when our roads were in far better condition.

Oddly, various govts are apparently completely unaware of this...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)