Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autoplay music files
I am using Windows 11 Pro. I am just upgrading my PC and changing cases. I have up until now been able to use the AUTOPLAY on videos from a SATA internal backup drive without problem. I installed an upgrade Asus Z490v from another case using the same SSD C: drive. However, the autoplay no longer works, I had in the bottom R corner entered the .., and can get the autoplay to appear to be invoked but that doesn't work and if I restart the PC the Autoplay has reverted to something to be invoked again. Any ideas?
Try resetting to your liking, some options in the link.

Fixing Auto Play

#4 the notifications fixed an autoplay problem I once had.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Thanks WT. I have now found that it is only one Internal HDD that has the problem, my Music Videos. The HDD with Movies will retain the Auto play, My Kodi Download on the same Movie HDD retains autoplay. I have an external HDD as a backup of Music and that too has the autoplay ability. It will take a little while, but I am wondering if I should Format the Internal HDD and restore from the backup?
The types are detected by the formats, Eg .avi, .mkv etc. Theres a good chance its just a small change happened someplace.

Whats in the backup ?? is it just the files (music Videos) or are you meaning the Actual OS ?
It's just copies of the files. The Internal HDD contains just copies of music videos downloaded using Youtube generally. Same is true of the other HDD that contains Movies and That till still has the autoplay feature enabled.
Well that didn't work. I am wondering if I might have a SATA port problem. The motherboard is a Asus Z490Z-v. It has only 4 SATA ports. Tomorrow I'll try another and see what happens.
As an aside, I also have SMPLAYER which autoplays without any problem and is just as good as using the Microsoft offering.
IF SMPlayer ( also got and use a lot) works then its more than likely some sort of settings or corruptions in the OS. If It were the motherboards then the same problem would appear on any Player.

Bit of a long shot, but have you run sfc /scannownow and DISM commands to look for faults ??

Have a read  DISM Commands
I think I have found it. I have a Bluetooth Sony headset. I used it yesterday and I believe the problem occurred after that. I used it again this morning and while using it, found that the problem had corrected. When I stopped using the headset, ie turned it off, the problem remained resolved so all is now good.
Funny you mention Bluetooth,  Big Grin Had similar a few weeks back, changed to more Ergonomic Mouse , while the mouse worked (mostly) it played hell with the wireless headphones, so got some USB Wired versions of the Mice, problem disappeared.