Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
286 more jobs gone
Very interesting that they're doing this & at the same time, very deliberately making life even more diiffult for people on benefits. These are clearly not people who care about the well being of their fellow humans - unless they happen to be wealthy. Dodgy

More than half of jobs in Te Whatu Ora have now gone so the question is how the devil do they expect it to still be able to function properly?

Where do they expect those made jobless to find other work, especially if they're older people?

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/286-...u-ora-cuts
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
so do we think the PM could say the words "without affecting front line services" without cracking up?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(16-08-2024, 06:15 PM)king1 Wrote: so do we think the PM could say the words "without affecting front line services" without cracking up?

Its possible, after all, they can claim everything's going wonderfully well with a straight face...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
286 pen pushers gone more likely.
The results will speak for themselves once it's given enough time. I wouldn't worry.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(17-08-2024, 11:23 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: 286 pen pushers gone more likely.
The results will speak for themselves once it's given enough time. I wouldn't worry.

I wish I had your confidence. This seems to be the reality though, at least so far.
Asking a blind man for his driver's license seems somewhat incompetent, & can we expect more of this if things are now left to the MSD...

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5253...qxQGVfFKXQ
(17-08-2024, 11:32 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-08-2024, 11:23 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: 286 pen pushers gone more likely.

I wish I had your confidence. This seems to be the reality though, at least so far.
Asking a blind man for his driver's license seems somewhat incompetent, & can we expect more of this if things are now left to the MSD...

I was reading about that story earlier.
That's largely part of the problem I'm thinking and inherited from the last govt. This sort of thing was happening prior to the election, so if these staff that were laid off were largely responsible, then this can only be a good thing.
Likely new positions and roles will be rolled out in due course.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(17-08-2024, 01:39 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(17-08-2024, 11:32 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I wish I had your confidence. This seems to be the reality though, at least so far.

I was reading about that story earlier.
That's largely part of the problem I'm thinking and inherited from the last govt. This sort of thing was happening prior to the election, so if these staff that were laid off were largely responsible, then this can only be a good thing.
Likely new positions and roles will be rolled out in due course.
Your optimism is admirable but I suspect poorly based considering the current government's inclination to punch down.
A few weeks ago I went to Winz with a dental grant application, and went through this exact scenario because my d/l had expired.

Never had the problem before, this attitude has come down from above.