Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dame Gaylene Preston on cuts to Arts
She called our delightful govt. 'daft'....I could think of other terms. Rolleyes

Those schools which are 'art rich' tend to have high attendance rates, which is hardly surprising. If they want kids at school & enjoying it then its blindingly obvious that arts of all kinds is the way to achieve that.

But alas - it seems that idiot politicians are somehow threatened by the arts & would prefer us all to be obedient, unthinking, grey robot-like creatures..

Creatives in schools was stopped from the start of the financial year 2024/2025

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/education/...XTLJGWD6Y/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The arts sector produces more of a contribution to GDP than agriculture. Pretty stupid move to undermine that cash cow.
(29-08-2024, 04:57 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The arts sector produces more of a contribution to GDP than agriculture. Pretty stupid move to undermine that cash cow.

Well...they don't seem too bothered. Probably none of their donors is an art fan.
Short sighted idiocy...& please, let it be short lived as well.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Let this government be short lived...
(29-08-2024, 07:20 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Let this government be short lived...

Indeed.

Really, I'd like to see the same amount of funding which is dished out for sports on a regular basis diverted to the arts for a year or two; I suspect it might make a huge difference.