Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That other new messageboard
Funny how that the clueless admin over at that nzissues site (or Digby to his friends) started it as a forum for far-right anti-Muslim rhetoric masquerading as "NZ Issues", but it has been taken over by unsuspecting normals posting recipes and parenting advice.

Saying that, it won't be too long before it becomes the new incarnation of mb2 (which is not a good thing.)
Wait, what, I got to have a signature?
(16-02-2020, 05:10 PM)wholetruth Wrote: Funny how that the clueless admin over at that nzissues site (or Digby to his friends) started it as a forum for far-right anti-Muslim rhetoric masquerading as "NZ Issues", but it has been taken over by unsuspecting normals posting recipes and parenting advice.

Saying that, it won't be too long before it becomes the new incarnation of mb2 (which is not a good thing.)

Interesting to know, I had not heard of that forum until it was mentioned on Trademe the other day.
It's a pretty basic message board, this one definitely wins in terms of features.
He's going to have a fun time keeping a lid on it.
Yep, I suspected something when I saw the political poll Act leading isn’t exactly representative of the public
Yeah the board seems quite politically motivated.
It sure does, i am really hoping this one takes off and others from over there learn about this one and migrate here
The best place to put the word out would probably be the existing Trademe messageboard Smile
(16-02-2020, 06:13 PM)tommi2 Wrote: It sure does, i am really hoping this one takes off and others from over there learn about this one and migrate here

Would be good...whether or not it happens, well, we'll see.
Why don’t I just ask him straight up on the site?
(16-02-2020, 06:16 PM)suicidemonkey Wrote: The best place to put the word out would probably be the existing Trademe messageboard Smile
Yup, and we only have like 9 days left lol
As a regular contributer to TM's Motoring section, particularly regarding Electric Vehicles I was amused to see that the 'new' other forum excludes discussion of these. Sure they tend to polarise the motoring fraternity but to ignore them completely seems very myopic!
I tried it too and found it wasn't for me either and sooooo pleased to see Genealogy is supported on this board, really hope this one takes off and the other can goooo Bye bye lol
(16-02-2020, 08:46 PM)crab2 Wrote: I tried it too and found it wasn't for me either and sooooo pleased to see Genealogy is supported on this board, really hope this one takes off and the other can goooo Bye bye lol

Hee-hee, I saw you asking how to close your account Big Grin

Meanwhile over at the XenForo forums from 40 minutes ago... "The new manual does not seem to cover a basic things such as How to Delete a user. I have 2 users who want to leave my forum And I cannot find out how to do it. I have searched on here to no avail", so at least he's trying.
Wait, what, I got to have a signature?
I can't work out how to leave either, only log out
In the terms and conditions, you have to email them and ask to be released from the site. Also tell him you revoke his rights to your posts.
Best option is to delete all your comments and personal info from your profile. Log out and forget you were ever there.
Two more have left.
(16-02-2020, 10:04 PM)SilverBear Wrote: Best option is to delete all your comments and personal info from your profile. Log out and forget you were ever there.
You can’t
(17-02-2020, 04:55 AM)Golfy Wrote:
(16-02-2020, 10:04 PM)SilverBear Wrote: Best option is to delete all your comments and personal info from your profile. Log out and forget you were ever there.
You can’t
You can delete all comments, I did, all except for threads started. Those you can edit until just a full stop in title and in first comment. Anything quoted remains viewable.