Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Reacher
I'm currently reading "Past Tense". Nothing like a strong male role model and decent plot twists to keep me reading. This looks like another excellent Jack Reacher book
Ive never read any of the books, but enjoyed the movies, it looks like they are not going to be doing a third film with Tom Cruise, but rather make it into a TV series. Sad
(18-02-2020, 07:56 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive never read any of the books, but enjoyed the movies, it looks like they are not going to be doing a third film with Tom Cruise, but rather make it into a TV series. Sad
I have accumulated all of these books and am working my way through them. Some good reading. Given that Reacher is so big it's a bit strange that they picked such a little guy to play the part.
(18-02-2020, 06:48 PM)Gammy Wrote: I'm currently reading "Past Tense". Nothing like a strong male role model and decent plot twists to keep me reading. This looks like another excellent Jack Reacher book
i have found the reacher books have gone a bit downhill , try The Gray Man

(18-02-2020, 07:56 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive never read any of the books, but enjoyed the movies, it looks like they are not going to be doing a third film with Tom Cruise, but rather make it into a TV series. Sad
every book emphasises how big reacher is and Cruise is a midget
yes i know
I recently read The Sentinel, the latest one, written by Lee Child...and Andrew Child, his brother, who is now taking over Jack Reacher.
So, who should have played Reacher, do you think?
(14-11-2021, 08:25 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: So, who should have played Reacher, do you think?
Anyone who roughly fits the bill on size!

Lee Child might well have endorsed Tom Thumb, but it has totally wrecked the books for me, so IĀ stopped reading them.
I have never watched the movies, being slightly allergic to Tom Cruise. His scientology silliness has biased me against him.

But I might be tempted if Vin Diesel did it. Or maybe a broadened up Keanu...
Big guys are usually sterotyped as stupid - that may be correct, but Jack Reacher certainly isn't. Another wall to break down.