Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupations.
What do you all do for A Carrerr?

Tell  Everyone what you do & whats  involved in your Job.

I have changed my Carrer a few times in my Life.
When I left School many years ago I worked on a family farm for 25 years. 
We had Cattle,  Sheep    Deer & Goats.  
I loved it too.  
Then I left The farm due to variety of reasons & moved to The City where I worked as Houseman in Big Hotel  which was fun too.
Then  I  became a Delivery Person helping out with deliverys of Eggs for a Poultry Farm.  I did that for 10 years before I gave it up as Promised all kinds of things that never happened. 
I  setup my own delivery run selling to private people & got to know lots of people  but I gave it up as got offered a new Job  emptying Rubbish Bins.  So Im now a Private Contractor & self Employed.  I contract to A Company.
I run a video production business, I'm trained as a video editor but I'm a self taught camera operator too. Absolutely love it :)

I've got two staff and we mainly produce promotional/marketing videos for small to medium businesses, as well as real estate videos and event videos.
Thumbs Up 
(20-02-2021, 09:44 PM)videomonkey Wrote: I run a video production business, I'm trained as a video editor but I'm a self taught camera operator too. Absolutely love it :)

I've got two staff and we mainly produce promotional/marketing videos for small to medium businesses, as well as real estate videos and event videos.
 That would keep you busy Videomonkey.
Currently not working. Left my local DHB last December. But am a Pharmacy Tech by profession. Couldn't handle the toxicity of the hospital anymore. Nor the bs coming from management.Decided it was not worth stuffing my health over, so I resigned. I was one of 5 that quit in 5 months. Since I have left, another 6 have since gone too. Only thing I miss is the money, as the others that left last year and I are a tight group of friends still.
I have been a teacher, a factory worker, a barista, a kitchen hand, a bank officer, lender for a finance company, a contract gardener, a personnel consultant, a gallery assistant, an office manager, a therapist, an artist, and a student. And a wife, a mother, and a caregiver.
I have been a student, a book shop assistant, a professional musician, a legal executive, a PR copywriter, an art gallery assistant and a caterer. Wife, divorcée, wife, widow, wife.
I have been a student, factory worker, salesman, technician, timber worker, production manager, self employed, sales engineer, shop assistant. Husband, father, grandfather.
I do have other cameras!
I worked in a fashion boutique in Melbourne for a day and a half. It was so terrible I didn't go back.
Shop asst = first job out of school
Government Dept (where I met my husband)
Cleaner, whilst having babies.
PA for a clinical psychologist
Pharmacy tech was my last and longest (apart from a mother) position, but in the past I have also been a sales rep, a cosmetic consultant, a bank teller, a call centre operator and a post delivery service consultant for Heals on Tottenham Court Road in London.
unemployable
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Merchant Navy , Hospital Orderly , Railway Worker , Fonterra , Retired.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Covered off in my profile.
(15-11-2021, 06:36 PM)Olive Wrote: I have been a student, a book shop assistant, a professional musician, a legal executive, a PR copywriter, an art gallery assistant and a caterer. Wife, divorcée, wife, widow, wife.

Hi Olive. What did you do Musically?

I part own a small business which is pretty much money for jam.

I also own a business entirely which is my "day job". Love it to bits it's wonderful to earn doing what you enjoy.
Last job BA plus all the other bits n bobs that went with the job

Mother of 6 grandmother of 11 great granmother of 4

Now gone no forwarding address
(24-11-2021, 09:31 AM)Orthelia Wrote: Last job BA plus all the other bits n bobs that went with the job

Mother of 6 grandmother of 11 great granmother of 4

Now gone no forwarding address
Jeepers, I thought having 4 was hard enough. Mind you, I think having all girls made it a little easier somehow. They are all close too, which also helps. Thank God, coz having 4 rowing girls could have made for an 'interesting' life.
Self employed management consultant.

I don't know what that means either.
Wife & I operated a cleaning business till '05.Joined the Metallurgy Industry after closing business., till retirement 'Feb '14
(24-11-2021, 12:06 PM)reigns Wrote: Self employed management consultant.

I don't know what that means either.
One definition of a consultant - is someone who you pay a large amount of money, to tell you what you already know.
I do have other cameras!
I've only had one occupation - started my apprenticeship in 1970, and 52 years later still work as a mechanic. It's been everything I need. One occupation, many jobs - I did count one day...1970 to 1990, 20 years, 20 jobs. The last 32 hasn't been much different. The advantage of having a job in demand, just walk in, walk out, walk in, walk out.