Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alaska ... Inside Passage
Heading to Alaska in May, cruise liner departs Vancouver for 7 nights cruising the inside passage
Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway ... then to Seattle

Anyone done this cruise, any helpful tips for us ?
Although I've traveled extensively, I have never done a cruise (it's on the bucket list lol)
Would love to do the Alaska cruise though, so interested to read others' input Smile
I can't help with Alaska tips, but highly recommend cruising. I went with a group of friends last year around Asia, it was a blast. Really enjoyed it.

Alaska is definitely on the to do list.
We have had a few problems booking Accommodation in Vancouer for the 2 days prior to the Cruise,
many people have cancelled their Asia Cruise and chosen Alaska as an alternative,
we have managed to find a Hotel, but a lot are fully booked already ... holiday is not until May
(20-02-2020, 05:28 PM)faberman Wrote: We have had a few problems booking Accommodation in Vancouer for the 2 days prior to the Cruise,
many people have cancelled their Asia Cruise and chosen Alaska as an alternative,
we have managed to find a Hotel, but a lot are fully booked already ... holiday is not until May
That's actually a great heads-up for others planning travel..
Lots of people will have gone with alternate destinations due to the coronavirus outbreak, and as such accommodation will be at a premium  Confused
(20-02-2020, 07:20 PM)Essi Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 05:28 PM)faberman Wrote: We have had a few problems booking Accommodation in Vancouer for the 2 days prior to the Cruise,
That's actually a great heads-up for others planning travel..
Lots of people will have gone with alternate destinations due to the coronavirus outbreak, and as such accommodation will be at a premium  Confused
We have had to change our flights to Europe in June. We planned a Shanghai transit stop but our travel agent said there could be entry restrictions in Europe for even transit passengers soon, going via LA now.
Alaska is still one of the best places to cruise.
Smile 
(18-02-2020, 07:52 PM)faberman Wrote: Heading to Alaska in May, cruise liner departs Vancouver for 7 nights cruising the inside passage
Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway ... then to Seattle

Anyone done this cruise, any helpful tips for us ?

You've probably done this now but anyway . . .we did the cruise in 2014.
It was fairly cold and I was amazed at all the rain we had.
I also remember being very bored on the ship as there wasn't much to do but sit and wait for the ice calving!
And a group of crazy Aussies, stripped down to their underpants on the Columbia Icefield  Rolleyes
We enjoyed Vancouver and the Rocky Mountaineer (gold class) best.