Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Afternoon Quiz
9 today.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
8 for me after losing all contact with the outside world for the day with a Spark outage that no one seems to have noticed, except moi... Sob...

I had no idea just how much a working router means to my everyday life, lol!
13, thanks Rumpelteazer
I'm just not going to even ask wtf a router is, working or otherwise.... Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-01-2022, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm just not going to even ask wtf a router is, working or otherwise.... Smile
I would have thought that you had access to a working router. Almost everyone here has!!!
(19-01-2022, 01:57 PM)olwen Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm just not going to even ask wtf a router is, working or otherwise.... Smile
I would have thought that you had access to a working router. Almost everyone here has!!!
I may well have - that doesn't mean I have the least idea what it is! Big Grin

I'm a hopeless technoklutz... Rolleyes

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/quizzes...ry-19-2022

10 today.
12 this afternoon, thanks Lilith7.

The router is what you connect your device to to access the internet. (Or simply a computer network)
No doubt I'll immediately forget that...Smile
Yes a router is the bit in between us and the net, though I always call it the modem. Being a tech klutz. Gosh I was pleased to have my much shrunken usually wide social boundaries reinstated. And no teeny print wLan key required. Bloody technology. How lost we are without it.

And 11 for me, if I don't cheat, because I knew the checkered flag thing despite my wrong answer. Stupid woman.
(19-01-2022, 03:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes a router is the bit in between us and the net, though I always call it the modem. Being a tech klutz. Gosh I was pleased to have my much shrunken usually wide social boundaries reinstated. And no teeny print wLan key required. Bloody technology. How lost we are without it.

And 11 for me, if I don't cheat, because I knew the checkered flag thing despite my wrong answer. Stupid woman.

Actually I think that what most of us have is a combination of a router and modem.  The modem does the connection, and the router does the network part that allows multiple computers to connect.  The first modem I met actually connected to an ordinary telephone handpiece.  It connected a computer terminal to a computer elsewhere.  I'm a bit worried about how long ago it was.  I can't be that old.

(Not a digital native, but an early settler)
I can recall the dialup connection to the net ages ago, & the noise it made dialling.
(19-01-2022, 03:40 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I can recall the dialup connection to the net ages ago, & the noise it made dialling.
The one I originally used predates those (and was even slower)
10 for me, a quizklutz
A smile is more contagious than a virus. Smile
a lucky 9
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/quizzes...ry-20-2022

And 10 again for me, an even quicker klutz!!
11 this afternoon.
9, very very lucky
10 today.
9, thanks Oh_hunnihunni
Wraps up da week with 7
Quiz: Afternoon trivia challenge: January 21, 2022 | Stuff.co.nz