Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NZPost and China
My orders were not moving, several didn't even have shipping details.  Maybe I need to request reunds on all of them!!

I should have added a link to news. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1195909...go-flights
Post from china has been terrible for some months now even before corona virus.
IDK what the reasons are, but ive had to wait over a month or more for items to arrive and even then have had some parcels go missing.
I have bought a fair bit from aliexpress and ebay before coronavirus hit and im still waiting.
Yeah I'm about 40 days into waiting for a parcel.. in the past 2-3 weeks has been the norm.

Just stick with paying with PayPal IMO, at least you're covered that way.
Damn, we've been waiting for a light to arrive after a stuff up on their end and then they ran out of stock so the next date we've been given is 3rd March, think we'll just cancel and get a refund, will show that link to hubby and let him decide
Crab2
I'm waiting for a parcel as well. Have a funny feeling it's not going to arrive. It's easy enough to get a refund though
I'm not sure it is a China thing.

For us, seems to be from when the GST on overseas purchases was added.
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
to my knowledge GST is only added when an item is $1000 or more

https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal/online-shopping/
Crab2
Has anyone bought lithium batteries and not have them arrive?
Ive placed to orders on ebay and they never came, paypal refunded me, but I never got the batteries and still need them.
Im speculating whether or not they are being removed somewhere along the line as dangerous goods or something?
If you have had a refund then the seller would cancel that order but in saying that they could still turn up without the seller knowing 

That has happened to me a few years ago when an item went missing and I asked for a replacement, tracking proved it never left the USA, they sent a replacement and that turned up, blow me down several months down the track the original one turned up in the mail lol
Crab2
(19-02-2020, 12:54 PM)Admin Wrote: Has anyone bought lithium batteries and not have them arrive?
Ive placed to orders on ebay and they never came, paypal refunded me, but I never got the batteries and still need them.
Im speculating whether or not they are being removed somewhere along the line as dangerous goods or something?
I had a seller that was refused by their AU postal service to send a cellphone with the Li-Ion battery in it. The phone arrived without a battery.

AusPost has pretty stringent rules on transportation of Li-Ion batteries and back then it was essentially; if delivery involved an aircraft then Li-Ion batteries were banned. They may have been softened up a bit by the likes of it: https://auspost.com.au/sending/check-sen...ited-items but I suspect the airlines are the ones calling the shots at the end of the day.

Airlines are generally fine with LI-Ion powered devices on board in a passenger's hand luggage but are very touchy about them going in the hold and definitely DO NOT allow unfitted batteries in luggage due to the risk of them shorting with each other or other items.

Regarding the thread subject, we currently have stock sitting in China that we want to air freight into NZ as soon as the factory reopens (which is delayed post CNY due to COVID19). According to our shipping agent airfreight from China is arriving now though some items are having to travel via Hong Kong or other transit points due to lack of direct flights. A similar 'magical mystery tour' for incoming mail may be occurring but perhaps additional charges may not be to NZ Post's liking.
(19-02-2020, 04:24 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(19-02-2020, 12:54 PM)Admin Wrote: Has anyone bought lithium batteries and not have them arrive?
I had a seller that was refused by their AU postal service to send a cellphone with the Li-Ion battery in it. The phone arrived without a battery.

AusPost has pretty stringent rules on transportation of Li-Ion batteries and back then it was essentially; if delivery involved an aircraft then Li-Ion batteries were banned. They may have been softened up a bit by the likes of it: https://auspost.com.au/sending/check-sen...ited-items but I suspect the airlines are the ones calling the shots at the end of the day.

Airlines are generally fine with LI-Ion powered devices on board in a passenger's hand luggage but are very touchy about them going in the hold and definitely DO NOT allow unfitted batteries in luggage due to the risk of them shorting with each other or other items.

Regarding the thread subject, we currently have stock sitting in China that we want to air freight into NZ as soon as the factory reopens (which is delayed post CNY due to COVID19). According to our shipping agent airfreight from China is arriving now though some items are having to travel via Hong Kong or other transit points due to lack of direct flights. A similar 'magical mystery tour' for incoming mail may be occurring but perhaps additional charges may not be to NZ Post's liking.

Interesting, I bought a few 18650 batteries off ebay from hong kong with no issues, but a couple of shipments of some smaller 10440 cells i bought have not arrived and that was from china.