Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far Right imploding
(09-01-2022, 10:29 AM)Olive Wrote: In my heart I believe it is already too late, but I am still trying to reduce my household's impact (tree planting, composting, hybrid car etc, all the banal but benign things) because to behave otherwise would be unspeakably callous towards younger generations.  And if by some miracle a world reduction in emissions was accomplished I would want to have been part of it.
Yes, agreed - most of us have kids, grandkids, great grandkids & don't want them to have to cope with having to live in  the worst possible conditions.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I was taken to task recently for sharing a meme on farcebook that suggested no one should Keep Calm, because the planet was being destroyed by psychopaths.

Apparently it was insulting.

I had to try really hard to keep a straightface.
(09-01-2022, 11:25 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I was taken to task recently for sharing a meme on farcebook that suggested no one should Keep Calm, because the planet was being destroyed by psychopaths.

Apparently it was insulting.

I had to try really hard to keep a straightface.
I shared that as well - didn't get that response though. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
some of the sentiment i get is very...challenging
no worse than one would expect after going out daily railing and bullying the antivax skid marks
on every social media platform that speaks english.
seeing to it that they are being sarcastically and cruelly vilified, pilloried and abused on public forums, hopefully giving others the courage to speak up as well is my goal. and its working. one of my facebook threads hit 2380 responses in one night before the group axed me.
many of the frustrated dont know where to start against the rabid bastards, but are quick to join in when they see them ganging up on someone. lol usually me.
they hate my guts.
i dont care.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(09-01-2022, 09:25 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 08:06 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Like any other huge challenge, you just start. Plant a tree, start a compost heap, commit to recycling, walk more, vote Green...
huge you say? a challenge as well?
it already sounds too hard.  cant i just not do something?
what if i were to stop burying toxic shit like car batteries and used paint down the back?
the neighbours would probly be chuffed if i were to desist burning tyres back there. they do get smoky.
i wont vote so the greens are out.
hmmm recycling. the last landfill we had here is now a golf course.
nothing wrong with golf, we could probly use some more. green belt etc am i right?

damn, im already bending over backwards to ensure the health and longevity of our planet.
im going on a break..
Lithium car batteries can and are being recycled.
Lithium is a valueable resource that will only be in higher demand in future.
Get sick of people complaining about climate change and then when EVs are available are complaining about "toxic" batteries.
Lithium batteries are far less toxic than lead batteries anyway, which many have been dumped into landfills over the years.
(08-01-2022, 12:31 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 09:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The Greens may have to get more extreme though, if they are going to get anything done at all on the Climate Change front.
It seems  to still be very much an uphill battle, despite the fairly extreme events everywhere - fires, flooding etc.
Seems the greens solution to climate change is to simply tax the shit out of greenhouse gas emissions.
Even labour have not implemented things as harsh as it could have been but its still bad enough. 
More than 50% of fuel prices is tax.
How much of that money is actually saving the planet by planting trees or subsidizing EV sales?
Just googled - apparently there will be one billion trees planted by 2028. That'll probably help.

https://www.mpi.govt.nz/forestry/funding...%20purpose.

https://www.nzstory.govt.nz/stories/the-...g-mission/
(13-01-2022, 10:23 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Just googled - apparently there will be one billion trees planted by 2028. That'll probably help.

https://www.mpi.govt.nz/forestry/funding...%20purpose.

https://www.nzstory.govt.nz/stories/the-...g-mission/
Would rather see native trees planted over pines however.
Also is taking up valuable farmland in some cases.
id like to see some more walnut trees
fiendishly expensive the walnut
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I hate pine trees too, in spring all that shitty yellow pollen to clean off my car and it upsets my hay fever!