Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dont complain and stop buying crap from china
(21-10-2021, 08:25 PM)mazalinas Wrote:
(21-10-2021, 12:07 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Same here, nothing better than buying good crown lynn over this rubbish at k-mart
I slowly donated all my made in China plates each time I found a made in New Zealand plate at the op shop. Some are Crown Lynn but my rule was they had to be of the same dimension to fit in my tiny cupboard and under $4. I think I have about 14 now haha. The other good thing about this is I eat less as they are smaller dinner plates compared to the made in China ones.

(21-10-2021, 08:21 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I like buying second hand, except for the big stuff. Even then it has to fit into a tiny space and come out of a tiny budget so that becomes a discipline imposed upon my choices. The other rules I try to live by are simple enough, things have to be beautiful or useful, things that do not work for me have to be given away or sold on, and everything I own is a temporary possession.

It makes life simpler for sure.
When this covid malarkey is sorted I'd love to head over your way and pick you up and we can go to the Sallies in Devonport. It's a bit of a hike from me but I've been there a few times and I like that most of their clothing is $4. I got an awesome Paula Ryan really long bead necklace from there a few months ago.
Maz, they are open! Only letting 20 people in at a time, but definitely open. I believe there was some abuse getting flung around yesterday when they restricted entry, but that figures! As soon as we can sit down for lunch - inside or out, let's do that! We could decide on a day and a time and make it an occasion! See if anyone else wants to join us...
It was simply gorgeous down there this morning, gentle breeze, not too many people - I just needed a cafe to make it perfect!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont complain and stop buying crap from china - by Oh_hunnihunni - 11-11-2021, 11:30 AM