Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trade Me shutting down MBs
Trade Me have today announced that they will be discontinuing their Message Boards as of 15th November. I expect we'll be seeing a bit more interest directed towards this forum as a result. Be nice to the newbees folks Angel
(18-10-2021, 11:21 AM)harm_less Wrote: Trade Me have today announced that they will be discontinuing their Message Boards as of 15th November. I expect we'll be seeing a bit more interest directed towards this forum as a result. Be nice to the newbees folks Angel

Yes I've mentioned this message board a few times today on the Tradme boards, hopefully we see some new members.
Not been here for ages but followed a link via TM so cheersĀ for posting it over there.
At least we are seeing some more activity now and more people signing up.
I might need to send an email out to all registered to see who are bots however, there has been alot of bots i have had to filter through and have used manual activation.
Some bots have even managed to answer the security question correctly on registration!
Good heavens. How do I know I'm not a bot though zoomie? These lockdown days my confused moments are definitely on the increase. Yesterday for a while there I was convinced I could not be bullied by the cat.
(20-10-2021, 09:55 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Good heavens. How do I know I'm not a bot though zoomie? These lockdown days my confused moments are definitely on the increase. Yesterday for a while there I was convinced I could not be bullied by the cat.
Nice to see you back Smile

The registration has a fairly easy answer for humans to answer by any members from the "old" forum, but a bot should not be able to answer correctly.
Believe it or not, some bots are still answering it correctly, but spam numbers have reduced significantly.

I may add automatic registrations soon, but still seeing a few accounts with international IP addresses and ones that are blacklisted.
Problem is some people use VPN's, so is not an accurate way to gauge.
If we have enough moderators, we should be able to deal with the small number of these spam accounts if required.
(18-10-2021, 03:33 PM)mazalinas Wrote: Not been here for ages but followed a link via TM so cheersĀ for posting it over there.
feel free to share it round there, i have been mentioning it in a few threads there.