Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
trademe messageboard is shutting down
Now is a good time to try and recruit more members Smile
yep, might be a few heading over soon
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(18-10-2021, 07:23 PM)king1 Wrote: yep, might be a few heading over soon
Welcome king1, nice to see you here.
I may need some mods in future just to keep an eye on things if im not around.
If you are keen to be one, just flick me a pm Wink
(18-10-2021, 07:00 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Now is a good time to try and recruit more members Smile
Yes, it is - this is why I just returned, to see how many know about this site. But there needs to be more to interest people and keep them here. At the moment there is the quiz thing and nothing else. I've tried in the past but it's very disheartening when there are no replies.

P.S. I don't like being a junior member when I've been here from the start (almost) and have done my best. A lot of people are not going to like that, I think. There should be just Members and Administrators, IMO.
(19-10-2021, 11:56 AM)Outsider Wrote:
(18-10-2021, 07:00 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Now is a good time to try and recruit more members Smile
Yes, it is - this is why I just returned, to see how many know about this site. But there needs to be more to interest people and keep them here. At the moment there is the quiz thing and nothing else. I've tried in the past but it's very disheartening when there are no replies.

P.S. I don't like being a junior member when I've been here from the start (almost) and have done my best. A lot of people are not going to like that, I think. There should be just Members and Administrators, IMO.

The member tags are based on post count - but I'll pass on your feedback Smile
One of the things that is really hard to get right, is the moderation. And having hosted a large group forum I do not underestimate just how difficult that can be. But, if you truly want a lively active community, the moderation has to be fairly light. You need to let people be themselves, warts and all, but make sure not too much blood is spilled.
I hope it goes well for you, because we refugees sure need a safe place to gather. And a host with fortitude! ?
(20-10-2021, 09:38 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One of the things that is really hard to get right, is the moderation. And having hosted a large group forum I do not underestimate just how difficult that can be. But, if you truly want a lively active community, the moderation has to be fairly light. You need to let people be themselves, warts and all, but make sure not too much blood is spilled.
I hope it goes well for you, because we refugees sure need a safe place to gather. And a host with fortitude! ?
oh auntie hunni...awwwwwwwwwww.

Trouble was last year, that although we had lots of members, not many were posting. If only we could get more people to post.
(20-10-2021, 03:06 PM)lindymf55 Wrote:
(20-10-2021, 09:38 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One of the things that is really hard to get right, is the moderation. And having hosted a large group forum I do not underestimate just how difficult that can be. But, if you truly want a lively active community, the moderation has to be fairly light. You need to let people be themselves, warts and all, but make sure not too much blood is spilled.

Trouble was last year, that although we had lots of members, not many were posting. If only we could get more people to post.
^

Agree Wink
(20-10-2021, 03:17 PM)jackford Wrote:
(20-10-2021, 03:06 PM)lindymf55 Wrote: oh auntie hunni...awwwwwwwwwww.

^

Agree Wink
I wouldn't mind seeing a few 'stirrers' here, to keep it interesting. Smile
(20-10-2021, 03:06 PM)lindymf55 Wrote:

Well that will likely change now that TM are shutting theirs down for good!
(21-10-2021, 09:01 AM)lindymf55 Wrote:
(20-10-2021, 03:17 PM)jackford Wrote: ^

Agree Wink
I wouldn't mind seeing a few 'stirrers' here, to keep it interesting. Smile
Be careful what you wish for. I will be very grateful if a couple of my favourite 'love to hates' don't show up in here with their relentlessly stupid nitpicking questions designed to distract from their own selfish idiocy. Oh, did I actually type that out loud?
(21-10-2021, 12:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(21-10-2021, 09:01 AM)lindymf55 Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing a few 'stirrers' here, to keep it interesting. Smile
Be careful what you wish for. I will be very grateful if a couple of my favourite 'love to hates' don't show up in here with their relentlessly stupid nitpicking questions designed to distract from their own selfish idiocy. Oh, did I actually type that out loud?
Well, we don't  want just boring stuff though. No one wants B O R I N G.

We can't banish the ones we don't like.

I think everything should be allowable, except if it breaches the rules of the boards. I'm pretty sure that zoomy has a handle on that.
I have joined several forums and what always drew me back to the TradeMe version was the simplicity of the website. I find this kind of format very busy, but learnable. I will miss the fun and the useful information which the other place provided and so I hope to see familiar 'users' and that this website lives a long life!
(25-10-2021, 08:29 AM)hazelnut2 Wrote: I have joined several forums and what always drew me back to the TradeMe version was the simplicity of the website.  I find this kind of format very busy, but learnable.  I will miss the fun and the useful information which the other place provided and so I hope to see familiar 'users' and that this website lives a long life!
We can make this place better with time if we get more activity.
There is quite alot involved in operating one of these forums, features wise, its much better than TM ever was with their messageboard, but  comes at the expense and complexity of running the backend on the webserver. Lots of plugins can be added here to change features.
I am looking forward to learning how to put an image on my profile. I have found a pic where I look almost human, and am dying to prove all those critics wrong.
(26-10-2021, 05:51 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am looking forward to learning how to put an image on my profile. I have found a pic where I look almost human, and am dying to prove all those critics wrong.

try here
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=avatar
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thank you!
(26-10-2021, 12:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Thank you!
Awww hunni, you look quite presentable. lol

Nah, you look super gorgeous, just as I imagined. It is really cool to 'see' people, but alas, not sure that I can match yours. I am very popular, and would hate to get recognised..lol
Ha. That was two years ago. I grew my hair. Now I look like a proper witch.

Oh, and why can't we banish the ones we don't like? My wicked spells seem to be bouncing off the sods, so I need a good banish tool just in case some of those creatures appear here...
(26-10-2021, 12:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Thank you!

Hope you well Michele