Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Arrogance of Brian Tamaki...
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3...st-charges

Like him?
Neutral?
Don't like his methods or his teachings?
Hate him?

Does anyone understand what he's about and what he preaches?

Discuss.
Can't say I know much about him. One side say he has done well encouraging some to turn their lives around and the other side are not happy with his alleged greed. I would say there are probably many people like him in society however his outspoken anti-lockdown protest has brought him to the forefront.
Regardless of his beliefs, teachings, zealotry, he needs to abide by the rules of the society in which he chooses to live and preach. Otherwise he should be held to account.

and being the type of person he is, he will probably try and take credit for this sudden about face from our government on its Covid response policy
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-10-2021, 08:22 AM)king1 Wrote: Regardless of his beliefs, teachings, zealotry, he needs to abide by the rules of the society in which he chooses to live and preach.  Otherwise he should be held to account. 

and being the type of person he is, he will probably try and take credit for this sudden about face from our government on its Covid response policy
That's why I think he is so arrogant. Who does he think he is, encouraging his followers to break the rules, and put people at risk. Only nutty people do sh*t like that.
bless him
(20-10-2021, 11:12 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Does anyone understand what he's about and what he preaches?

I don't think even he knows. He just screams nonsense as loudly as possible at whoever will listen.
(21-10-2021, 06:51 PM)videomonkey Wrote:
(20-10-2021, 11:12 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Does anyone understand what he's about and what he preaches?

I don't think even he knows. He just screams nonsense as loudly as possible at whoever will listen.
Lots of people listen to him though. We see this sort of following alot. Take Billy Graham, Jim Jones. People with massive ego's, who wouldn't survive without their cult followers.

ETA: So as not to confuse anyone, I was lindymf55, and asked admin to change it to my newer TM name.
I view him as a self-serving, attention seeker who uses religion to peddle his crazy ideas.
Anyone who follows him must be crazy as well.
(21-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Pips111 Wrote: I view him as a self-serving, attention seeker who uses religion to peddle his crazy ideas.
Anyone who follows him must be crazy as well.
Hi pips, and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here. It's great to see you posting.

That is exactly what he is. He is a nutter, just like alot of other people who use religion to impose their crazy ideals. He knows exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it. He knows that there will always be a sector of society who will be seduced by him.

I am sure that someone told me a long time ago, that his followers actually give him money. I think it's expected of them?? Does anyone know?
Tamaki's = Arrogance Personified
This from wiki..

Brian Tamaki heads Destiny Church, a Pentecostal Christian organisation in New Zealand which advocates strict adherence to fundamentalist biblical morality, and is notable for its position against homosexuality, its patriarchal views, and for its calls for a return to biblical conservative family values and morals. He has also stated the COVID-19 pandemic is a sign the world has "strayed from God", which led to widespread condemnation, with one New Zealand Anglican vicar describing Tamaki as "dangerous".[2] This, alongside many comments he has made, and how he has amassed a large fortune by preaching the prosperity gospel to a mostly working-class audience,[3] has made him a controversial figure in New Zealand.