Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waikato in Level 3 until at least the 27th
Most of the Waikato is in Level 3 until at least the 27th.

I didn't think they'd let us out before the long weekend, which makes sense I guess.

How's everyone coping in the Waikato at the moment? Aucklanders are doing it tough for sure, but the Waikato is heading into its 4th week of level 3 during the current outbreak so a lot of lives are no doubt being affected here too. 

Hope everyone in Te Awamutu is doing ok! Gets a bit scary when the virus is close to home.

I'm Hamilton based and I'm lucky that I can do my job within the level 3 rules, but it's a tough situation to navigate at times. Really hoping we see some sort of normality in the next month or two.
(21-10-2021, 09:59 PM)videomonkey Wrote: Most of the Waikato is in Level 3 until at least the 27th.

I didn't think they'd let us out before the long weekend, which makes sense I guess.

How's everyone coping in the Waikato at the moment? Aucklanders are doing it tough for sure, but the Waikato is heading into its 4th week of level 3 during the current outbreak so a lot of lives are no doubt being affected here too. 

Hope everyone in Te Awamutu is doing ok! Gets a bit scary when the virus is close to home.

I'm Hamilton based and I'm lucky that I can do my job within the level 3 rules, but it's a tough situation to navigate at times. Really hoping we see some sort of normality in the next month or two.
Hi, I'm in Te Awamutu, and I read that alot of locals are nervous. Auckland is used to it being close to home. I don't mind staying in Level 3, as I'm retired, so don't need to work. Thank goodness I'm double vaxed now, and that does help to allay any fears. I'm just more concerned about it getting out of control here. It feels a bit isolating.

I go to the supermarket, go for my regular bloods, and that's it for me for the week.
I'm in Hamilton as well and doing ok except for one thing! I need a damn HAIRCUT!!!!!! Roll on level 2.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(29-10-2021, 10:41 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I'm in Hamilton as well and doing ok except for one thing! I need a damn HAIRCUT!!!!!! Roll on level 2.
I've started cutting my own hair again. A snip snip here, and a snip snip there, and voila, sorted. And free.lol
(29-10-2021, 10:41 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I'm in Hamilton as well and doing ok except for one thing! I need a damn HAIRCUT!!!!!! Roll on level 2.

Me too. I feel for the Aucklanders that are 10+ weeks without one.
I do the 'shiny top' thing so haven't set foot in a barber shop for decades, or bought shampoo for that matter. Wet shave every other morning and I'm good to go Big Grin
(21-10-2021, 10:14 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(21-10-2021, 09:59 PM)videomonkey Wrote: Most of the Waikato is in Level 3 until at least the 27th.

Hi, I'm in Te Awamutu, and I read that alot of locals are nervous. Auckland is used to it being close to home. I don't mind staying in Level 3, as I'm retired, so don't need to work. Thank goodness I'm double vaxed now, and that does help to allay any fears. I'm just more concerned about it getting out of control here. It feels a bit isolating.

I go to the supermarket, go for my regular bloods, and that's it for me for the week.

(21-10-2021, 10:14 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:

Im in Te Awamutu too.....I would like to see supermarkets reserve a time for senior citizens for example 11 - 12 Tuesday's P@S ....11 - 12 wednesday Countdown 11-12 Thurs Fresh Choice.  I t would leave the click and collect for mothers with children