Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Name change for TMMB, give us your suggestions!
Information 
Greetings to all new members, we are looking at alternative names and a bit of an upgrade.

Currently we have "too many message boards" as the name, but are welcome to community suggestions.

Please share below what acronym you would like and we will go to a community poll!

One suggestion I will start off is with "Talk more message boards"

Try and get creative, and we will go with whatever choice goes with the most votes. We will then ask members to submit a logo to vote on Smile
Are you tied to TMMB or is there complete freedom? For example: BMBNZ "The Best Message Board in NZ."
(24-10-2021, 09:45 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: Are you tied to TMMB or is there complete freedom?  For example: BMBNZ "The Best Message Board in NZ."

Sticking with the "TMMB" acronym is ideal as I don't think we want to change our domain name.
another couple 

talk machine - my new favourite
talk master
time machine

these lists might help 
https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/gramm...ith-t.html
https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/gramm...ith-m.html
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The Mildest Mannered Board? We are amazingly well behaved in here...
I think it's OK. I don't care what it's called as long as I can remember it - tmmb, does sound like Trademe message board, but that's why I'm still here - because I can remember the domain name. And it's our link to the past, as most people who have signed on started at that other place!
(24-10-2021, 03:52 PM)Outsider Wrote: I think it's OK. I don't care what it's called as long as I can remember it - tmmb, does sound like Trademe message board, but that's why I'm still here - because I can remember the domain name. And it's our link to the past, as most people who have signed on started at that other place!

TMMB won't change, just the "Too Many" part Smile
If I were super woke, "Tu Meke"
All of these are good suggestions, I was keeping the acronym because its what we registered with, plus anyone in the previous community is familiar with that.
(25-10-2021, 08:50 AM)nzoomed Wrote: All of these are good suggestions, I was keeping the acronym because its what we registered with, plus anyone in the previous community is familiar with that.

How about The Merry Message Boarders?
I kinda think any name we come up with needs to be something that's catchy, easy and simple to remember.  ultimately it is a brand name and to attract new users it should have a bit of cool factor about it...  just my 2 cents

(25-10-2021, 12:50 PM)king1 Wrote: I kinda think any name we come up with needs to be something that's catchy, easy and simple to remember.  ultimately it is a brand name and to attract new users it should have a bit of cool factor about it...  just my 2 cents
yup I agree.
Im not very creative at this, but here are some more:

trademe members message board (LEGALLY QUESTIONABLE)
the main message board
the master message board

(now i really need to get out my thesaurus)
The Machine could be good too

The Hub.
(25-10-2021, 04:53 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: The Hub.
^

Good suggestion
(25-10-2021, 04:53 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: The Hub.

Good name however it needs to fit the current "TMMB" acronym, so we can keep the current website address Smile

E.g. Talk More Message Boards
Trending Makes Messages Better.

Typing Made Much Better
(24-10-2021, 02:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The Mildest Mannered Board? We are amazingly well behaved in here...

Well... so far, anyway. Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Hey! I'm being good. I can be disciplined, if I'm not triggered...
"T"

Talk/Talkative
Thinking
Thoughts
Talkfest

"M"

Meeting
Members
Main

I did think about Thinking Mans Message Board, coz let's face it girls, it's the only sort of man that we want to hear from.lol

Thinking Members Message Board

Surely you have to stick with "Message Board" ??