Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Everything is repeated.
When I'm scrolling down I keep seeing the same messages repeated and repeated and it puts me off using this forum.  Is it something I'm doing wrong?
(25-10-2021, 03:26 PM)yapper Wrote: When I'm scrolling down I keep seeing the same messages repeated and repeated and it puts me off using this forum.  Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Its to do with the layout I think; any reply is posted with the original so if several posters get involved it can get lengthy & confusing, with lots of the same post and replies.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I just tried hitting 'new reply' black button, bottom right of page.
 Did it work?

(25-10-2021, 04:32 PM)hazelnut2I just tried hitting \new reply Wrote:  Did it work?
Oooh, yes it did!

Whereas if I just hit 'reply', yellow button in post, the message will repeat.

P.S.  The black button is also top right!
(25-10-2021, 03:26 PM)yapper Wrote: When I'm scrolling down I keep seeing the same messages repeated and repeated and it puts me off using this forum.  Is it something I'm doing wrong?

It's called quoting the original message, to make it clear who you're replying to.

It's a standard feature on pretty much every message board, including Trademe Smile

Unfortunately if someone quotes a message with lots of existing quotes, it can look messy. Once members get the hang of it, it shouldn't be an issue.
It is useful for that relevancy thing. It can be really messy when replies to much earlier posts suddenly appear long past their own context, but then, I guess that is part of the texture of this form of conversation.