Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Backups of the TM forums
Couldn't help noticing on TM that someone wanted a backup of the Computing forum...

"wholetruth" was sadly shot into space in a bizarre trampolining incident (tbh, it was a double bounce disaster), but his next of kin was given access to all the code (what, and nothing else?), so a backup has been made of Computing. No doubt it will be uploaded somewhere at some point - will keep you posted.

Can backup some others - happy to take requests as long as it's not that Health & Beauty trainwreck. Would happily backup the sensible posts, but the words of dim-witted cretins are really not worth the 1s and 0s in any time or space.
(25-10-2021, 09:15 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Couldn't help noticing on TM that someone wanted a backup of the Computing forum...

"wholetruth" was sadly shot into space in a bizarre trampolining incident (tbh, it was a double bounce disaster), but his next of kin was given access to all the code (what, and nothing else?), so a backup has been made of Computing. No doubt it will be uploaded somewhere at some point - will keep you posted.

Can backup some others - happy to take requests as long as it's not that Health & Beauty trainwreck. Would happily backup the sensible posts, but the words of dim-witted cretins are really not worth the 1s and 0s in any time or space.

Love the reply, hoping that was a bit of tongue in cheek though (otherwise condolences) - Appreciate the efforts, it is good news, i'm sure others will appreciate some of the other forums being archived as well.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I wonder if the "you can never have too much wool" thread in Crafts and Hobbies, might like to, if they decide to come on over to this site. If they know that these can be archived, then that might help them to make a decision.

BTW, does archived mean that they can refer back to their posts??
Crafts and Hobbies can be archived no problemo. It's a nice easy one to do - not too controversial and has a good "yarn" or two.

People will be able to refer back to them, but they'll live in a slightly different land to TMMB, so you won't be able to directly add to them. It'll be similar to the old recipes one - https://tmforums.orgfree.com/recipes/index.html

Nothing stopping someone from copying & pasting some of the choice "threads" into TMMB though Wink
Sorry, but don't understand these sorts of things.

Can you create an archive of the wool ones, and does it get added into the new thread they have started here on tmmb? Coz that is what happened with whoever did the recipe threads from TM.

Can you do that for the 'wool' thread, for them??
Wouldn't you know, the account has just been suspended for terms infringement, lol.

Will need to find a new home for the backups!
(27-10-2021, 06:44 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Wouldn't you know, the account has just been suspended for terms infringement, lol.

What are the odds TM had a hand in this? wonder what they have against it?

So you can't now archive anything from TM to here anymore??
I think @yousnoozeyoulose is referring to the site where it was hosted after it was backed up... as long as trademe hasn't done anything silly like close their account should still be able to backup the data...

(28-10-2021, 11:39 AM)king1 Wrote: I think @yousnoozeyoulose  is referring to the site where it was hosted after it was backed up... as long as trademe hasn't done anything silly like close their account should still be able to backup the data...
I swear that you are getting more stars everyday..lol

I just added the 'you can never have too much' TM webpage to the new thread here. It seems to work.
(28-10-2021, 11:57 AM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(28-10-2021, 11:39 AM)king1 Wrote: I think @yousnoozeyoulose  is referring to the site where it was hosted after it was backed up... as long as trademe hasn't done anything silly like close their account should still be able to backup the data...
I swear that you are getting more stars everyday..lol

yeah but I have a bad reputation...   Big Grin

(28-10-2021, 10:12 AM)king1 Wrote:
(27-10-2021, 06:44 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Wouldn't you know, the account has just been suspended for terms infringement, lol.

What are the odds TM had a hand in this? wonder what they have against it?
Most likely just being pricks because they can.