Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
(02-08-2022, 01:54 PM)kiwimade64 Wrote: *does the happy dance*  my new jeans are two sizes smaller than my old pair Big Grin  Heaven knows how I did that as I certainly wasn't trying to loose weight. 

New grandies Heart  Lucky things Mica and Roma Heart  I hope all goes well for everyone concerned.

WOOHOO Congrats on the change in sizes Kiwimade... Makes you feel soo good eh.
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
IGood on you Kiwimaid - must be aLl that gardening.

It’s so lovely looking forward to new little ones and all the cuddles  Heart

Just been watering and feeding my veges. I have some in bins and looking rather dry. Seems all wrong having to water in winter, I think the wind hasn’t been helping.

Now relaxing with knitting and watching replays of the cycling.
Silver sky. And there I thought it was going to be a dry day. Oh well, I shall tempt fate anyway because the cat needs her Oscars...
Think the weather is confused here - there are clouds from white to dark gray and big patches of blue sky. Windy but not particularly cold. Do I take a rain coat or not lol.
morning ladies Smile Cloudy here but I am hoping I can have washing at least partially dry outside. The weather here can't seem to decide either.

lol I think it may have been all the heavy work I did in the garden as well, venetian. And there is more to do this spring/summer too. The pile of concrete fill is slowly disappearing as I put pieces into the bins each week. Once this pile has gone then I can work on the next part of the garden edging to be replaced. A slow process but it gets done eventually.

My little primulas originally from my mother-in-law's garden are starting to flower. I moved them into the garden I changed around last summer as they weren't doing very well. At one stage I was thinking I was going to lose them, but they seem to have decided they like where they are now and even having some lovely new growth. lt will soon be warm enough to plant out the hydrangeas you left for me, roma, as they are doing very well in pots. The weeds where I want to plant them are finally under control - it's only taken a year lol.

Washing machine has beeped and look at that, a big black rain cloud hovering and waiting for the washing to be hung out before it rains. Better get cracking, I have a list of things I want to get done today Big Grin

happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning everyone

I totally agree the weather has been soo weird this winter.. I love the cold, it reminds me of winters when I was a kid. But its soo changeable.. I mean I love it being cold but not a cold body lol.. At least next year Ill be more accustomed to having my bones closer to the outside. lol.

Its fine at the mo.

Off for my booster this morning. Just as well I did ring cos I was thinking it was 1-30 and its 9-45 lol. Then ill go visit MrP and Bobbie.

I saw a friend yesterday who is doing shawls. And the recipe is something even I could manage so I took a photo and might give it a go. Just do a little everyday and plan it for next winter. Although Ill do a trial run before I do the 253 chain. You start at the long side and work to the point.

She said its like starting with a marathon and working to the 100 meter dash lol.

I can proudly say I ate 3 meals yesterday.. Its a rare happening.. Im going with what I fancy. So it was a ham and cheese toasted sammie for lunch and 2 sweetcorn fritters for tea.. It will be the same today , well for tea anyway cos I made a full batch.

I have a revised plan for the 50th birthday present. Im going to get some Iris bulbs, a container and gardening gloves, already have chocolate and body cream. And that way when my friend moves she can take it with her, and its an annual reminder of turning 50. So Im off to shop tomorrow. I soo love being able to find what I want and then walk straight to it.

OHH Madam has tried Oscars and it was a "Sitting on the Fence" Judgement. She loves things with gravy rather than jelly.
Have a fab day all
I love primulas they remind me of my mother who grew them for many years but then developed quite a severe allergy to them - came out in a rash if within several metres of them - so couldn’t have them in the garden. I have several patches of semi-wild ones which have spread around the garden without any help and come up this time each year. They go so well with my self planted older style cream freezias.
Good morning. 

It's overcast and cool here as well,  my cat must have poked his head out his cat door and decided 'nah' .. now sitting against me!

Day 3 of covid, night time coughing a pain, will be glad to be out the other side for sure.

Primulas are pretty,  wee flowers, a sure sign of spring. Glad the hydrangeas are doing well KM, they will be lovely established against the fence  Heart

I've never watched Celebrity Treasure Island before but the cast lineup looks pretty good,  might give it a go this time. Just seen it mentioned on Breakfast.

Another day of the same, might get some baking in. No loss of appetite, a good thing  Smile

Enjoy the day all.
Morning all
Bluxtery and damp here today

Early star as older k9 decided 5.30am it was time for breakfast did you all hear me tell her firmly to get back on her bed Big Grin

Gym, shower and 4th booster so now enjoying a cuppa and apple muffins, DH is enjoying watching the games

Not sure what I will get up to today time will tell.

Gardening is a good whole body workout KM

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Unbelievably, its warm & sunny out there so grabbed the chance with both hands & launched into an imitation of a headless chook. Ripped the sheets off & chucked them into the washer & while putting on fresh sheets it occurred to me that probably the duvet cover needed changing as well so took that off & put a new one on.
Two loads of washing later I noticed that back lawn has been growing again after all that damned rain so tackled that next.

I may have overdone things slightly but I'll deal with that tomorrow, when its pouring down again. That oregano garden needs weeding...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
try telling my doctor that! He seems to think gardening is 'light' exercise and not cardiovascular! Told him to come and help me and let's see how 'light' this gardening lark is!
Finally home

The lady who was meant to give me my booster was worried when I told her about my rash with the last one.

So she wanted to discuss it with my Dr.

they decided it would be ok but asked me to stay for 30 minutes instead of the 15-20... All fine so far. But will watch the arm. And have to watch my breathing.

Its lovely out there. Even had to leave the windows down in the car a little
(03-08-2022, 11:48 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: try telling my doctor that!  He seems to think gardening is 'light' exercise and not cardiovascular!  Told him to come and help me and let's see how 'light' this gardening lark is!
He should try digging in my garden - 'light exercise' my derriere! Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
No doubt has never been bum up head down in the compost bin shoveling out the good stuff either. I had a GP who told me he had never given his patients much sympathy for the claims of putting their backs out. Until he put his out. I wondered then how his new Mum's got treated...

Been down to the village, coffee and date scone, lots of chat, library ( along with loud conversation with a librarian about folk being TOO BLOODY SELFISH TO WEAR MASKS AS REQUIRED! Made no impact on the THREE miscreants wandering around barefaced... but it was very satisfying, venting! Then picked up my script and got my second booster, before loading up the scoot with groceries and crawling - literally oh so slowly - up the hills and home. Just as well a man is coming tomorrow to service the pretty machine and give me the gen on new batteries. I think it has reached that time...  Smile
Way back in 2006 My Dr was treating me for a "Gardeners Back".

Told him I dont garden.. It was his term for "Shaggers" back.

But the idiot was also treating me for a "Sore Arm" giving me Voltaren or diclofenac to knock me out so I could sleep.

Sent me for x-rays etc.. It was my heart... not once did he think to connect the two. Taken to hospital after I had knocked myself out from the pain, but our Cat Millie headbutted me awake.. ended up at Auckland Hospital having a heart valve replaced.

He could have killed me, he knew I had a heart murmer.

He retired around Christmas time and I have to admit I was sooo pleased for the safety of all people here in Waiuku. Sadly he filled in over the school holidays but is gone again. He shouldn't be allowed to still practice.

Some of them got their tickets from the budget weetbix boxes
Morning everyone

The city has stolen all the fog lol.. none here.

Yep up early, I have a lot of shops to do today. Ive just about worked it out to the last cent lol. What did surprise me is that many things I want today is actually cheaper at Countdown. And Im just hoping all 4 shops have what I want. I will pace myself and hopefully enjoy the shopping. The birthday present part I should anyway.

And crackerjacks has plant seeds for $2 a packet so Im hoping to get some swan plant ones and some Californian poppies, they always look bright and cheerful.

Breakfast is just talking about the idiots who took their cats up Mount Egmont / Taranaki.. The twits.. We have to look after our Birds.

Have a fab day all.
morning ladies Smile  A typical foggy Waikato this morning.

Sadly, popeye, there are a few doctors like your old one around.  We've had our doctor for nearly 30 years so we know each other pretty well.  Sadly though, like a lot of rural doctors, he's under immense pressure and you get a 10 minute visit only now.

yummmm date scones, haven't had a date scone in years.  I get annoyed too at people who don't mask up.  To me it's pretty selfish.

I'm wearing my new jeans today and looking in the mirror, I can see why a friend asked me a few weeks ago if I had lost weight.  Told her no, but she insisted I had.  

We're heading into the madness of spring growth for the lawn, Lilith.  Sometimes I think I'll just keep the mower on a loop lol.

I have four more small butterflies to stitch and then I can sew the tote bag together.  Will be pleased to plan and start a new project, there are a few swirling around this brain.

Happy crafting Smile
It is an Asian thing, spurred on by all the cat videos. And there are these transport packs now coming in from China with viewing bubbles so the cat can see out while stuffed inside. I daren't let madam see them, she'll be demanding to accompany me on all ventures beyond the gate instead of just those within it. Tg she can't read words on screens yet...

I have a sore arm this morning. But better that than a dose of the bug I think. Interesting yesterday, my pharmacist asked me if I had had a dvt as she handed me my drugs and I told her about the PE and the traumatic Escape from Hospital saga. In the conversation she explained more about the long term effects of PEs than any of the hospital experts ever bothered to give me, and answered a load of questions I didn't know to ask.

A good chemist is a gift we should each be blessed with. But I do wish this arm was a bit less annoying...
Beautiful day again.
Off soon to help with wall prep ready for painting at the house we are doing up for our new pastor. We washed down all surfaces yesterday which was a bit of an effort in a 4 bedroom house and none of us are exactly spring chickens lol.

One of the men was digging out couche (? Spelling) and that certainly didn’t look like light gardening- I didn’t offer to help! Smile

My grandfather was rather fond of date scones his comment was “the only thing better than a date scone is second date scone”.
Good morning. 

Lovely day looming by the look of the sun shining out there. 

What numpties and poor bloody cats getting stuffed into back packs! Shake your head irresponsible behaviour.  

I had the sore arm only for a day OHH, little did we know we would be exposed to Covid a few days later, so the booster wouldn't have had time to kick in! Day 4 for me and I feel good today, after a great sleep. DH is back at his casual job.

Date scones are more often than not the treat of choice to have with coffee when out at a Cafe, yum.

Medals still coming in for the kiwis, well done to them.

Not sure of the day, will need to give my dog a quick walk and maybe I'll tackle some weeds that are starting to look obvious. Bootees and bonnet done and have some more merino wool coming for future knitting. 

Enjoy the day.