Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Fog... All still and quiet here in Auckland, with a forecast for a clear morning, so I will be off to WINZ with my battery quote in hand to try my luck with the system. Then a few groceries and back home before any showers appear, with luck. Looks like the rest of the week will be a write off weatherwise, just as well I have library books and coffee!
morning ladies Smile The fog is lifting here and the sun is trying to come through. Fingers crossed for a fine day.

I hope everything goes well for your daughter-in-law today, mica. 25 weeks is so early for baby to arrive but I know the NICU docs and nurses are so very good at what they do.

If the weather is reasonable today I'll start weeding. The weeds can stay in the wheelbarrow until the bins are emptied tomorrow. If it is fine tomorrow, I'll finish digging out those aggies before I bring the bins back in. I need to de-spider the front door and entrance at some stage too.

Two more little butterflies to stitch Smile I might even get those done at some stage today.

Good luck with WINZ, OHH. I find the superannuation people much more approachable than the 'other side'.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning

Hope all goes well for the arrival of the new baby Mica.

Smile sweetly at WINZ OHH and hopefully they will give you your battery  Wink

Supposedly meant to be showers today but ok at the moment. Hope to walk to library this am and visit my sister - takes about an hour each way so will take an umbrella just in case.

Finished niece’s cardigan just need to weave in ends and block it. It had rather a lot of 1 x 1 rib so a bit slower knit and il happy to have finished it. 
Now have 2 vests for men to knit, one is a rather large fellow but I do them in the round so just a matter of mindlessly knitting round and round and I read at the same time hence the need to go to the library.
Morning everyone

Good luck Mica....

Foggy here. And rather chilly with it.

Ive text the seller and asked for the address, still waiting.

I talked to MrP last night about the mower and he agreed an electric one would be much easier for me.

He had a very quiet day. Has a small cut above his eye and creaky bones from the fall.

Good luck at Winz OHH.. I agree with Kiwimade, the seniors side have always been nice to deal with. Well apart from the one that used to be out here. She was always rude to me cos Im young but was on MrP pension. But she has retired now.

Missy seems to have Ants in her Pants this morning, very fidgety running all over the place, including furniture. Currently she is sitting on the walker tray watching the birds lol

Ever so proud of the way our sportspeople have done at the Games. Makes you Proud to be a kiwi for sure.

Yesterday I sold MrPs fishing gear. Very cheap but it had to go. It will be odd not to see it all. But it needs to be used not just sitting there doing nothing.

I will be making my long wanted trip to Thames. Need to check the family graves and hopefully check in the Aunties I have in the area. Might see if I can get them all together. Really odd that all the blood males have gone but all their wives are still going strong.

Have a fab day everyone

(07-08-2022, 08:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I loved my electric hover mower. I learned early to keep the lead over my shoulder to avoid accidents, but these days you can get battery ones which look incredibly useful...

Yes I learnt that when I was using the weed eater. A neighbour used to have a hover mower one and she always had the lead over her shoulder too.
The battery ones are a lot more expensive. I honestly think now that electric is the way to go. And I can spread the deed over a few days so I wont get too sore or have to change power points too often too
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Back safe and sound, though rediscovered how blardy awkward I am at getting on and off buses, lol. Tg for considerate drivers! Lots of blue sky and the fog is lifting back into the clouds, but not for long I suspect!

Nice WINZ man gave me a slip of paper with an email address to send in the quote, and I am to expect a phone call by Wednesday to complete the process. He saw no reasons to worry about it, as he said ' kind of essential for you, isn't it?' So I tried not to be offended by my obvious crip status!

There was an Indian couple ahead of me, handfuls of forms at the ready. He went through them al, page by page then came back to tell them that their applications would be declined because they still have two years to go before being eligible for Super, under the new ten year period rule but they should check with the other side if they required assistance. The other side being the less friendly one, I remember it well.

Then a few groceries and home to a nice big mug of coffee. And that was my excitement for the week, can't see the batteries going in for a few days yet so I might just do a bit of housework.

Unless the urge passes, of course!
(08-08-2022, 11:07 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Back safe and sound, though rediscovered how blardy awkward I am at getting on and off buses, lol. Tg for considerate drivers! Lots of blue sky and the fog is lifting back into the clouds, but not for long I suspect!

Nice WINZ man gave me a slip of paper with an email address to send in the quote, and I am to expect a phone call by Wednesday to complete the process. He saw no reasons to worry about it, as he said ' kind of essential for you, isn't it?' So I tried not to be offended by my obvious crip status!

There was an Indian couple ahead of me, handfuls of forms at the ready. He went through them al, page by page then came back to tell them that their applications would be declined because they still have two years to go before being eligible for Super, under the new ten year period rule but they should check with the other side if they required assistance. The other side being the less friendly one, I remember it well.

Then a few groceries and home to a nice big mug of coffee. And that was my excitement for the week, can't see the batteries going in for a few days yet so I might just do a bit of housework.

Unless the urge passes, of course!
I'd read a good book while having that coffee if I were you, & with luck the urge will pass! Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
blimmen fog! Just when it starts to lift - and you can even see water evaporating from the fence - it comes down again. We're supposed to hit 16 degrees today but what a fib that is lol.

One butterfly done, one to go Smile

And just like magic, the fog has gone lol.

There was a major accident at SH29/Sh1 this morning. Foggy as heck and an awful intersection to cross at the best of times so our road has been very quiet thanks to the diversions. Can't wait for the new round about to be built there.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here comes the rain dah de dah dah...
Cold here & has been threatening to rain again - it did last night but not so far today. I expect its waiting till I set foot out the door tomorrow morning in an attempt to do the dreaded shopping.

I went to get my second booster shot earlier - only to find that I was one day too early! Not bad, considering I wasn't sure of the exact date so a rough guess was quite good. I'll go later on this week if the weather lets me, we supposedly have rain, snow & sleet on the way - oh joy!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Good morning. 

Not nice outside this morning ... heavy rain has set in.

I have no choice but to go out for food, with freezer, fridge and cupboard supplies seriously depleted! 

As it's looking like an inside day, there's a few things to occupy me with housework always the least desirable!

Sad to see Olivia Newton-John has passed away  Sad

Have a good day all.
morning ladies Smile It's calm here but the rain is looming. Bin man has been so I'll be outside shortly working on those aggies before it rains. I expect another bin at least full.

We have the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony on TV at the moment, it's rare for us to have the TV on in the morning as we prefer the radio. But it's a vibrant celebration and I'm going to have C'mon Eileen as an ear worm all day I think lol.

The Furry One has lost one of his claws. Heaven knows how he did that, probably while hunting rabbits. He's due for his annual check up soon so no doubt the vet will notice. He doesn't seem too upset or bothered by it so we're not worried.

I also read of Olivia Newton-John's passing and am very sad to hear it. I know she has had cancer off and on over the years.

Time to flag the games ceremony, I can catch up on the highlights later no doubt.

Happy crafting Smile
morning All
still howling southerly storm here

Baby arrived safely yesterday  35 weeks and 2kg  will be in NICU for a while.

DGS still with us - the weather severely limits our activities ie all indoors.

dentist for me this morning and need quick trip to supermarket for more milk.

Have a good day everyone
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Foggy again here.

Sad about ONJ passing, but Im glad she isn't struggling any more.

My nephews used to watch Grease every day after school. one did a bit of drama at school. They knew all the words and moves lol.

Congrats Mica for the safe arrival. Sure she will soon put on weight and be home safe and sound.

After a day of emails texts and phone calls to the mower company and couriers. It is finally sorted. he knows I caught him out on two lies. but he is coming down on Sunday with my money and he can have his useless piece of crap back. Ill be glad when its all over.

Had another sale on fb last night so Im feeling a little flush at the mo lol.. I fully intend to haggle between Mitre10 and Bunnings to see who will give me the best deal on the next mower lol.

Off to see MrP this morning. Need to do my blood on the way too.

Had a lightbulb moment when I went and got my pills yesterday. I couldn't figure out how I got two bruises on the back of my right leg. When I get out of the car I rest my leg on the bottom of the car. lol.. It hurt and made me figure that out lol

Have a fab day everyone
I keep getting little round bruises down my flank, and finally clicked to the cause - that blardy cat leaping on me at 5am to wake me because she wants breakfast. She does it very deliberately, and fast because she knows it I catch her she gets swatted lol. Boy she keeps me laughing that one. She is so intelligent. She has started patting my mouth to tell me she wants a little more food please, this since I cut down on her serving size to try and lighten the load on her damaged gut (and prevent the unpleasant consequences). It is working, but it means she stays on the hungry side more often. This patting business is new, and the fact she targets the touch convinces me there is more in that tiny velvet head than we might imagine. Even old cats can learn new tricks...
That's good news about the safe arrival of the new baby Mica.

Have managed to get dreaded groceries done without any rain so am hopeful it might hold off till all kids are home from school with any sort of luck.
I'd hoped to do a bit outside but its far too cold so had a bash at making cauliflower fritters instead - couldn't be bothered to look up recipe again so just did them as well as I could remember, so we'll see how they are later....the dog will like them if I don't.

When I had visitors the other day, Madame le Dog forgot herself & stood up at the door with the handle in her mouth, trying to open it again, & when I said 'what do you think you're doing', she got that look on her face as if to say, bugger, sprung. Smile
Lol Lilith re the Dog..

Missy has been struggling to get up on the stool and bed, but then forgets and has no trouble in jumping down and hooning around all over the place lol

MrP looks like he has done a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson.. A cut above his right eye and a cut across the nose. Got there and his old carer was there. We are like sisters.. and Im going to change my days so we can meet each week.. one of her clients visits her Mum who is there too. and its knitting day so she likes to knit with the other ladies.

He loved his lunch today.. Pickled Pork.. But I had taken a chicken thigh up for him too. He misses chewing bones lol. So he sent his potatoes home with me to fry up for my tea so I got some bacon out to have with it.

I stopped at the oppy. I felt I had to. I got 3 little Tupperware canisters that I love using for littles bit of left over cream etc in the fridge, a lovely china plate with a friend message for my friends birthday later in the month.

And I looked at the clothes. So sick of everything being black or grey in the shops and too loose. So I got 4 tops. A top / cardy combination that is only a size 16, the front of the top is white with flowers the back, fronts and sleeves are green. Its a little snug but its light and will be fine for the summer. 2 others for the in between, one baby pink the other a rich crimson. And a lovely purple top. Which is actually loose but I love the style, its purple and the top sort of twists to a knot at the bust. It almost makes it look like I have one lol

And they had little sample tubes of hand cream in the freebie bins so I grabbed some for Bobbie and the other ladies at the home for a little treat. Bobbie loves her creams etc, so very easy to buy presents for her.

And now Im sitting resting the very sore knee. But Ive enjoyed my day.. Just waiting for the bad blood results lol.. I know they will be .
Must be catching this new clothes thing. Well, sort of new! I have a long grey vintage wool overcoat on the way to me, I fancy a bit of upcycling slow stitching on something that isn't denim for a change. And I have the perfect massive stash of tapestry wools that should prove useful. But we'll see...
I accidentally bought a wee top for the great granddaughter the other day. it jumped off the stand & said 'guess who I'd look good on' and it was on special & a really good price, so I sort of had to. Smile
Haven't pop in here in ages l had a stroke a while ago and have found it hard to type and make sense it is very frustrating but l have got better as time passes.
I still not up to driving down to the Waikato so not seen any of my kids. I become a gold carder soon so plan on a trip to meet my 2 new great grandies that are due in 6 weeks and 12 weeks. That will make 8 grandies and 4 great grandies so l will have 9 boys and 3 girls. I have been busy knitting for babies and teaching Violet to knit a blanket, she is doing really well and enjoys it.
I am over the continual rain and hope it dries up soon have had a tree fall on my drive so am stuck at home until it is removed, my landlord moved down to the BOP so he will come on Friday to fix. I haven't been able to pick her up from school but she has been dropped off daily and climbs thru the bush to get up to the house she loves seeing the birds and was very excited to find a hedgehog so came to get the camera to take photos.
morning ladies Smile The suns out! Now that makes a change Tongue

Welcome back, huntlygirl. I'm sorry to hear about your stroke. Lovely news about the new grandies, lucky you having so many Heart What a PITA having the tree across your drive. The Waikato River is certainly filled to the brim and beyond with all this rain. The ground is just sodden.

Good news also, mica, about your family's safe new arrival Heart

The aggies are out and I have one very full wheelie bin with another pile ready to go when that bin is empty. I finished just in time, walked inside and it started to rain.

Today I think I'll start weeding but the lawn also needs mowing. Would rather mow now than let it get longer as it is so hard to mow when this wet.

Half a butterfly to stitch and then I can sew the bag. Will be pleased to have it finished.

Happy crafting Smile