Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
I use my yard ruler to shove the curtains along the track, they get a bit sticky at the top. Useful thing it is too, and not just for measuring. I have a useful pencil too, but it isn't a long one. It has 'I can't adult today' in lovely gold letters along one top edge.

I binged watched The Girl from Oslo yesterday, boy it was good. Recommended wet day indulgence.
I remember having my hand hit with a ruler as a 7yr old (can’t remember why - probably for inattention) but the ruler broke and I was very annoyed not from the hit but that it was not even my ruler that the teacher broke but my desk mates.
Morning everyone

Another Stunning Day.. Yay

They were so cruel to Lefties back then. Now its Celebrated and I love it. One but maybe 2 of my nephews are lefties. Must have come from their mothers sides tho cos there's none in our line.

One of my school friends is a leftie. I never noticed if she had trouble using scissors etc.

The seller is meant to be coming and getting the lawnmower today.. Im not holding my breath but he will have TM and fair go on his tail if he doesn't.

Did a bit of tidying up yesterday and gathered all the stuff my friend has brought off me in the past year . Cant wait to see her. Also cant believe that its 18 months since she was here. But she best not think Ill be wearing my Maid hat this time. She's going to need to help me if she wants to eat. And she is a grazer so hopefully will bring some of her munchies lol.
We were destined to meet back in the mid 90's. Her little brother Died the exact same day that my nephew was born. This will be the first time tho that I am lighter than she is.
She does Beautiful crochet and is going to show me how to do that Arigumi or how ever you spell it lol. I brought two kits last year when the warehouse had them marked down.

Going to tidy the couch. I dont know how it ended up the dumping spot. but it wont take me long.

I am going to have to start taking in the knickers I brought, what 2-3 months ago maybe.. I think Ill just try one pair taking in the side seams down to leaving the leg the same size.. 39 kilos off now... My friend may score some clothes too Im thinking lol.

Does anyone here have or know anyone with Fibromyalgia ? Ive been reading about it and its like reading how my body is. Im seeing my dr on Thursday cos I just seem to be sore everywhere, depressed and tired. I was thinking part could be cos Im not eating well and stress. But I will see what he thinks.

Have a fab day everyone
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Morning all
Nippy start scattered cloud

Ironing and packing for my trip away with other sewing friends. We have hired driver and minivan to whizz us around Auckland for 2.5 days.  Cool

Expecting lots fun times

Have good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Finally 5 hours late he turned up.

Started talking so fast I told him to stop and speak slowly so I could understand him.

I dont think he expected that.

And he certainly didn't expect a little free tuition in how to run a business. Such as letting people know if you are sick and it will take a little longer to deliver your goods.

And then ignoring emails etc. Told him he needed to get someone to take over if he is sick. Keeping in contact is a must.

And that if he continues the way he is going he will soon be out of business.

I did tell him I would change my feedback. I didn't say it would be any better... lol... I will say I got a refund etc, but point out how it hit the fan.

Just had an email to show he has done the refund the proper way. Phew.

He's Bloody lucky MrP wasn't still here, he would have copped a lot more. MrP has no patience what so ever.

I did tell him it was a fine looking lawnmower but was just a lemon. And that happens every so often.

Soo please DO NOT trade with itooltrade Ever and warn your people. Blacklist him too.

I will sleep easier tonight... and then will show MrP some pictures of the one I intend to buy.. A snazzy electric one. lol

I did get the couch cleared and the rubbish and recycling done , thank goodness.
A good result then Popeye. Smile

Managed to do a bit of weeding & digging today, then a bit more painting, otherwise haven't done anything much.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I did good too. I made some listings, couple of expensive ones and a few excellent bargains. More tomorrow. Then we wait'n see...

Be nice if they sell but these days, who knows?
morning ladies Smile No frost but still a calm start to the day.

One more sleep, OHH, and your batteries arrive so you can hoon and terrorise the nieghbourhood again Big Grin

Well done on getting your money back, popeye. Communication seems to be what was lacking the most in this trade.

Today the car needs a good vacuming and clean inside and out. And it won't take long to do as MrK said he will do the outside because I am too short to reach the roof Big Grin

I haven't sold or bought anything off TM for ages as I find I have had better results with FB's marketplace. No fees either.

Looks like I've found the bottom of my coffee cup, time to get cracking.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Farcebook is certainly making a dent in Trademe but I would have no idea how to operate elsewhere. I am clueless enough on listing the old way. Quite fun though yesterday, I put out several random printed tapestry canvases on my bed and then started chucking skeins of tapestry wool onto each that I thought might fit the colours needed. I ended up cutting my ridiculous stash down by at least half which would be brilliant if each of them sell. If not I shall bag them up and drop them into the hospice shop I think, build a few more brownie points for the future... I still have way too much wool and far too many completed canvases, but that is a problem for another day.
Morning everyone

Overcast but still here too. And Im cold.. lol but that never changes.

Madam must be too she just came back and hopped on the hottie on my lap.

Yeah it was one of my top 3 worst trades. And yes Communication was the problem the whole way through. He wont learn English better unless he practices and stops relying on technology.

I still use TM but do use FB too. What doesn't sell on fb ends up on tm and if it doesn't sell there in a couple of listings it goes to the oppy. lol either way its out of the house.

My Sister in law seems to think since Im not using my wool at the mo that I should send it down to her. But I stopped totally once before and sold everything, wool, needles and patterns. But then had to rebuy again. So I wont be going down that road again.

Going up to see MrP today and Im actually looking forward to it. He told me he was proud of me in how I managed the Mower affair. And that is something that means a lot to me.

Im an odd one, I love being told that he loves me, but hearing that he is Proud of me means a lot more. Same with my stepfather too and I hope he is proud of who I have become.

Im glad I didn't get around to buying that pattern from spotlight. They have 30% off storewide for the next 72 hours. So Ill save a little to cover the ridiculous postage. But its the only way to get it.

Have a fab day all
Good morning. 

Miserable, cold and dull today especially on the school run/slow walk this morning.  GD currently playing with duplo ... I've been assigned one of the characters (which means I have to contribute to the role play) Big Grin

I'm glad you now have the refund back in your hands Popeye. Happy electric mower shopping.

You'll be itching to be back on your trusty scooter OHH  Smile

A 'go with the flow' day,  mostly inside it would seem.  Back to the baby blanket later.  Rain tomorrow which should wash the pollen away at least and some watering which is needed but not too much of it thanks!

Enjoy your day all.
One of the things I really enjoy about Trademe, is the people I come across via the site. I bought myself a rather classy bit of bed linen, and when the seller emailed me I thought to myself 'I know that name...' Sure enough, Aunty Google tells me she is the ex gossip columnist who featured in a minor Auckland scandel a few decades back. Gotta love a bedspread with history, lol...
Miserable grey & cold here. Not sure how but the walk today somehow took almost 30 mins so I was almost late for the dreaded blood test; I blame the dog, obviously. Smile
Another birthday looming next month so had a swift look but nothing caught my eye.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(15-08-2022, 03:15 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One of the things I really enjoy about Trademe, is the people I come across via the site. I bought myself a rather classy bit of bed linen, and when the seller emailed me I thought to myself 'I know that name...' Sure enough, Aunty Google tells me she is the ex gossip columnist who featured in a minor Auckland scandel a few decades back. Gotta love a bedspread with history, lol...

Its neat when you get a trade like that.... I haven't had anything like that but I did sell something to a lady two doors away from where we lived. We were in a two unit building and she was in the house the other side of the second unit.. Such a hard case lol
morning ladies Smile A grey start to the day, here comes the rain again. Feel sorry for the West Coasters on the South Island, they have been hit hard with rain over the last few months.

My sister and I ended up in a bidding war on TM for a piece of Clarice Cliff pottery a few years ago lol. We had no idea who the other was until she saw it. Tongue She was mad as hops I won it lol.

It's going to be a quiet day for us today, supermarket shopping and that's about it. MrK will have a beer with his mates later on.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning. 

Grey and overcast here as well,  at least a few degrees warmer than it has been!

Grocery shop this morning and then the day is mine.  Bound to be knitting there at some stage. 

I like the 'favourites' function on TM, specially useful for children's books I like to have on hand and the odd one for me.

Enjoy the day.
Battery day for me, so the groceries are being delivered this afternoon. All these visitors, it is a red letter day indeed! I better get up and showered instead of lazing about til it warms up...
Morning everyone

Sun is just coming through here. Slowly

Woohooo OHH you will soon be hooning around town. Do you have any decorations on your scooter?

Lol Kiwimade did you not know each others names on TM? Victory to the Taurean lol.

Off to see MrP again today, so I "Bump" into his ex carer my new Sister lol... Also need to ask if my friend that is coming up on Friday from Taranaki will need her vacc pass to get in.

We made our plans last night, She will arrive and we will eat then go visit MrP, and that gets his visit out of the way. Saturday we are going out of town to try on clothes and hopefully a couple of new dresses for me, Fact finding too cos I need to know what fits now. And she is shouting lunch out as it is her birthday on the Monday, along with 3 others I know. Then Sunday I am cooking a roast she is bringing up with her. And Im making a cheesecake for dessert.

My biggest problem is Ill only be having little bits now lol. All this eating is going to be hard on a shrunken tummy.

Talking about food. The lunch yesterday looked like slop again. To the point that one if my ladies daughter went up to new world and got Colleen a lovely looking fresh cream donut. I love Donuts but very seldom eat them. as MrP cant have fresh cream and I didn't like eating them in front of him.

But it looked sooo good that I stopped in and got one for myself. OMG sooo good... I really enjoyed it.. Which is just as well cos at $4-50 it wasn't cheap but worth every cent.

They sell some that are over a foot long for $6-50 my friend said she will get us one when she is here.. I sure wont be able to eat half that for sure lol

Im looking forward to some girlee time. Cant believe its 18 months since I saw her.

Have an awesome day everyone
This getting up early is a bit dire. It isn't even 10am and already I have started on the housework. I even went up and retrieved the recycling bin AND scrubbed it out AND did a bit of weeding on the way back.

This is exactly why I started the Stay in Bed Til Eleven rule. All this activity gives quite the wrong impression to my neighbours...

Update... Batteries ordered but have not arrived so cannot be delivered and installed today. I am considering throwing a small tantrum, but may just postpone that till the groceries are delivered, and then drown my sorrows in a rare second glass before dinner.

Hashtagsadfaceemoji lol...
Oh dear OHH re the batteries- but maybe you can feel virtuous as delayed gratification is supposedly good for us! (hahaha)

I agree re getting up time I never “sleep in” but on a cold dull day it is so good being able to stay in a warm bed with a coffee, good book and knitting as long as I like. Also then I can’t see the dreaded housework chores waiting to pounce on me in the rest of the house.

It’s a beautiful day again and really quite mild warmth-wise. Not a stay put day though as I had to be out by 8.15 and a similar time tomorrow.

Off to potter in garden for a bit the weeds just keep on coming.