Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Morning all,
Ovedcast and windy today.
No sewing yesterday, did go to Spotlight for some thread some fabric followed me home, rayon spandex knit and cotton spandex knit the 20% off made it attractive. Will make Xmas presents for DS and DIL.
Quilt group today will take my knitting as I don't have any other hand work on the go at the moment.
The bucket hats sound great KM excellent gifts for the DGC
Must get moving stuff to do before I go out
Have good day everyone
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning Everyone.

It is so good that we have a new home. Man the changes on TM are crazy lol.

Its already warm here, but its sunny, and not as much wind.

Wow just as well the cows weren't near the tree Kiwimade.. Might have been a lot of bruised meat.

It was nice to see MrP yesterday and share lunch with him. I admit seeing him is about as much as I like at the mo. And there's always something he wants done or brought. but I told him yesterday that the bank is poor so he will have to make things last a bit longer.. Like dont scoff a bag of liquorice in a couple of days lol.

I got the other two Santa's corrected and have put them on TM.. The other one will be winging his way to Picton later today.
This morning Im going to find a couple of extra blues to go on the baby blanket, if I dont find any I like Ill just do the stipes wider than the Rainbow ones.

Need to ring the Bro in law too, been a while since I had a chat with them. My sister in law knits sews and crochets so we have things in common too.. I wouldn't like to guess how many pairs of socks she has knitted over the years

Kiwimade did the Stitches removal go without a hitch?

Have a fan day everyone
Just checking in this afternoon to have a break from sewing. I've finished one hat and I think our granddaughter will love it. Who doesn't love sparkly unicorns lol.

Yep, the stitches came out no problem and my results were back too. It's benign as our doctor thought. I didn't realise how worried I was until I heard the results. So I have a few suture thingys where the cover was for a few more days then it's all good. And I can mow lawns and so on now. Although I have been doing that anyway Tongue
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
morning ladies Smile It looks pretty bleak outside but I'm going to risk it and mow the lawn. It seems to be a weekly chore now and if I leave it for too long, it's just plain hard work.

MrK and I have to go through many years of photos to find a photo of his sister for her memorial book. We know the one we want but have no idea where it is. Should be a fun thing to do lol. If it rains today we'll get that done and then we can pass the book on to other family members.

Yesterday I finished sewing a bucket hat and a couple of scrunchies for our granddaughter and will sew one for grandson over the next day or two. Am very happy with it. Will take pics and post the link when I can. No work done on my tui... today maybe.

I forgot to tell you, I finished the knitted blanket Big Grin Big Grin so my knitting needles have been put away for the summer. It's bigger than planned but better big than small.

Time to mow, love living rural lol.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning everyone

Tis raining here, was a warm night too.

Its funny how we think we are worried but find out that we were. When my friend had a lump removed I went with her for the results cos I know if she heard the word Cancer that was as far as she would hear. And I was right. So I asked the questions I knew she would want to ask herself. Glad all is fine again Kiwimade.

Yesterday I gave away the concrete mesh and Warratah standards we had from the previous house and most of the container gardening is going on the weekend. it doesnt make any sense to grow anything for me. Im keeping the flowers and my chives.

I got quite a bit done on the baby blanket yesterday, the first 30 mins or so my fingers ached but they soon got back into gear. A little achy today cos I did more than I probably should have. But stripes grow fast lol its a mix of blues and teals.

My gingham ribbon arrived yesterday, a very quick delivery. Its very fine in the checks but I do like it. And all the gingham is different sizes. So when Ive done the blanket ill get onto adding that to the pillowcases.

Have a fab day everyone
Hi everyone,
Been a busy day here so no time to check emails and catch up here
Good news re lump KM
I had a nice day at quilting group with lots of chat and some lovely show and tell
Hope draft off a pattern this afternoon for shorts. Making DS shorts for Xmas. In fact all the family is getting a me made pressie.
Off down to sewing cave once I have finished my cup of T
Hope everyone is having a good day
morning ladies Smile It looks like it's going to be a lovely day today so washing should dry.

Last Christmas our gifts to family were all homemade, mica, and they were loved. MrK made gorgeous rimu boxes and I sewed tote bags I had embroidered. I'll have to dig out pics of MrK's boxes. They are stunning.

I finished sewing our grandson's hat yesterday and am very happy with it. Next week, when shopping, I'll see if I can buy some matching fabric for the brim of another one for him so he will have two. I'll post pics later Smile I need to sew my friend a new tote bag. The one I sewed for her a few years ago was left behind at someone's home by her granddaughter and the new recipient has refused to give it back. She says she misses it as it was a good sturdy bag. I might embroider something on it for her this time.

Still no work on my tui... will get there eventually.

The garden is going great guns with all the rain and warm weather. I picked a huge bunch of roses for indoors yesterday and had to round up some smaller vases as well.

Housework today, I want to spend so time in the garden over the next few days and hate coming back inside from the garden only to have to clean. Nuts, I know lol but that's just how my mind works Tongue

sunhats and scrunchies
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152761097@...en-public/

My needle box MrK made for me from recycled rimu

my tray
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152761097@...149603983/

my button box

platter made from recycled dark walnut Christmas gift 2020

daughter's jewellery box 30th birthday present
Morning everyone

Going to be a stinker today I think it was warm overnight.

Beautiful photos Kiwimade... Every year our local wood turners group usually opens about now to have a sale of their goods for Christmas. Saw yesterday that cos of covid of course it wont be happening, but someone has offered to help set things up to sell online. which I know will be well supported.

Getting the blanket done, have done 5 colour changes I think, there's 14 altogether so it wont really take long. Then I will be making some presents too.

I honestly dont know how I feel about the borders opening. pleased for people who want to travel, but I do think it will cause more cases.. I plan on still staying safe and not putting myself at risk in any way.

Have to pop up the road this morning for milk and bananas so I might pop into the Oppy and see whats happening there.

Have a fab day everyone
Morning all,
Looks like another nice day
KM love the sun hats and MrK is a very talented woodworker.
Took DH to Bond movie last night, Senior Wednesday so he got a free coffee as well. It was good as there was only one other couple watching. So late night last night.
Not much achieved yesterday DD came over in the morning with DGD and stayed for lunch, did trace of shorts pattern in DS size and laid it out on fabric but was very tired so left it to be cut out today.
My morning at the Nest Cllective this morning home for lunch, got photographer coming to take a photo of me doing 'something to go with an article for interview about what its like to be retired lol. Then into town to baby wrangle while DD at an appointment. It would seem that there aren't parents rooms near Lambton Quay although I am sure that David Jones might have one. Lets hope we don't need to find a comfy spot for DD to breastfeed bub.
Coffee finished time to put washing on the line.
Have a good day
I don't know why people think retired women spend all their time egaged with wholesome crafts. We might be able to whip up a batch of scones or knit a rather good scarf in short order, but we do a whole lot more than just those things and the media should jolly well show it.

Our contribution to the economic health of this nation is seriously ignored. And considerably undervalued...
Good morning - much better temperature in the bay today - one of Robies cleaners are here today giving me a spring clean much appreciated- over all the drama if traffics lights and vaccination rates and mandates etc etc etc - couldn’t go to my grandsons prize giving yesterday to see him get a major award and that really made me sad  - his grandad would have been so proud as it was called the good man award for being compassionate caring etc 
I think I mentioned last week I swapped a chair for a loaf of homemade bread - drove me mad for a couple of days trying to remember the name it so finally googled Art Deco chairs - it’s a Cintique chair nearly fell off my chair up popped one in an antique shop $1900 in really poor condition-mine was in  reasonable condition - a friend of mine mentioned that the girl had moved next door with practically nothing in her house but was excellent at recycling -had found a lot of upholstery fabric and was looking for a chair to recover so I told her to tell her to come and have a look -I have  told my friend who has been following the reupholstering with praise that I had found out it is special - she is just going to mention to her that it is worth a dollar or two so don’t ever just let somebody give her $50 - actually when I shifted here it was on the truck to go to the recyclers and it fell off so am pleased somebody who needs it has it 
The rimu boxes are beautiful kiwimade - your grandchildren are going to have so many family heirlooms 
Did your son manage to start trading 
My car insurance has gone up 30% - when I queried it was told it was because of the flood risk after last years flooding here in Napier ! It never ends 
Better go and make my cleaner a cuppa
(18-11-2021, 09:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't know why people think retired women spend all their time egaged with wholesome crafts. We might be able to whip up a batch of scones or knit a rather good scarf in short order, but we do a whole lot more than just those things and the media should jolly well show it.

Our contribution to the economic health of this nation is seriously ignored. And considerably undervalued...
Yes crafts are in the background, but I am in no way ready to just sit down and knit and craft,
Got my vege garden, when out of lock down, out and about geocaching, a lot of walking involved, a lot of retirees do it now,
lots of fun keeps the brain engaged, doing painting etc on my house, got my Trade me, which keeps me busy, yes lifting and stacking heavy bins all the time,
Just ripped up old carpet in my dining room in past weeks, was getting me down in lock down looking at it,
got a large second hand piece from local op shop, click & Collect to use until my Kitchen gets renovated, "new kitchen", so will tide me over a year or two, may put lino down in dining room too, carpet had water damage stain on back, otherwise good condition, very pleased, all looks professional around the edges, the joins are noticeable, but at least no worn track between lounge and Kitchen, it was getting bare, looked like a sheep track Lol!,
So have sanded painted all the skirting boards while no carpet in, next sand and paint kitchen window sills again, corner windows, so one section gets all day sun, and is flaking, it is never ending, but keeps you busy,

Want to travel overseas, my last trips still on hold, My weekend excursion to Ohakune with GVR (Glenbrook Vintage Railway) cancelled 3 months in a row now, next one is February, don't need to worry about my bookings, they are just getting moved over with them, and I am staying same place as the Crew, so no worries, and I am booked on 13day East west tour in March with them, Did 13 Day Rail tour in south Island Earlier this year, we were the first group back on the Kingston flyer which made the news, in the papers etc, I even got interview by TV1, we even had a able bodied 90 year old on that tour, he was quick witted with a good sense of humour, lovely guy, it was sad to see him leave as part of the 10day tour group from a rest home, great bunch,
I maybe retired now, but are not going to sit back and do f' all, as long as I am fully able I will be out and about enjoying life,
Pity they didn't photograph you on the end of your carpet ripping, lol! Been there, done that, know the effort required... ;-)
(18-11-2021, 10:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Pity they didn't photograph you on the end of your carpet ripping, lol! Been there, done that, know the effort required... ;-)
Sorry but my cat cannot use the camera Lol!, just me and the cat,
The underlay was so old it had disintegrated in the well worn areas, it was cheap stuff by looks of it, was wavy, had to scrape off and vacuum up Lol!,
and been stapled down, so had to pull all the staples out too with pliers,
But I cut out the good sections of carpet etc from corners to use as doormats, and in hall on matching carpet, as all needs to go, But will not happen until Renovations done & whole house will be done, as walls will be moving and New kitchen in the plans too after rest is done, and dining room wall moved back,
had great pleasure ripping it up taking it out on deck and throwing down the stairs, good rid-dens Lol!
Exhausting but oh so satisfying!
morning ladies and welcome flossy 63 Smile It's going to be a real stunner of a day today. A good day to be outside Big Grin

You have been busy with your home, flossy. A lot like MrK and I. Although he can no longer do some of it. I have one bedroom left to 'do' and then we have the kitchen and bathroom to gut and rebuild. I am proud to say that all the inside painting has been done by me. And that includes stripping off painted over wallpaper, plastering (except for one whole wall that needed doing and we decided to get a professional in for that), sanding and pretty much anything else that needed doing. I even learned how to replace the glass in a window. Often though, these things are slowed down by our own health, the health of our partner or a family member. This has happened to us with two close family members having cancer and MrK slowing down due to his health.

Mica, how did it go with the photographer? How did they 'pick' you for the article? And how did they decide what to photograph and write? We have two local community papers here, both free. One is privately owned and is much better than the other. I must admit, I read it online but MrK still flicks through the pages. I head for the hatch, match and dispatch pages first and then work towards the front.

I've started sewing a tote bag for my friend who needs a replacement thanks to her granddaughter's other nana refusing to return the original bag I made for her. Told her to not worry about it, it's an easy 'fix'. Today though, we will be scattering my sister-in-law's ashes so no sewing. It must seem all I do is craft and garden but I do have a life away from the needles, I just don't tell all on a public forum.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all Stella day here too
Flossy that soundsxlike hard work but so satisfying to get it done and dusted.
KM quick with photographer the article is for a professional member based organisations monthly publication.
No sewing yesterday baby wranling went very well she was supposed to be asleep but there was too much activity fir her to watch. It is nice that I can help DD out at these times I didn't have anyone when our DS was baby so remember how hard it could be.
Food hunting once I finish my coffee and then off to Buntings to get a few things. Might even have lunch out. I suspect we might not go out and about as much once the virus gets into our community.
Popeye we seem to post at similarr times.recently I suspect I have been writing when you post so I done see yours until after I have posted.
Have a good day evsryone
Morning everyone

Yes Mica I have noticed that too lol.. I always go back to check lol.

Everyone is busy and enjoying the weather. Its a Stunner here today too eh Flossy... Flossy lives in the other side of town from me and her Brother and I were in the same class at college..

Be careful with the ashes Kiwimade, try and to it when people arent around cos its not liked by the Maori community. When my Stepfather died his siblings wanted to scatter his ashes from the top of Mount Te Aroha and his sister asked about taking a bus up there. They asked why and she told them and was told a big no.... in saying that MrP will be going to Raglan as well.

I managed to get connected to the skinny jump last night, the lappy, phone and e-reader so considering myself clever being able to do that lol

Did a few more rows on the baby blanket, one more colour and Im half way.

Yesterday I managed to get a red sheet and a red bathmat so my bathroom will go back to red again lol.. with having white curtains I just change the ribbon tie backs to suit.

Ill pop up the road briefly at some stage, New World didn't have the Pepsi I buy yesterday. And I know they have a delivery on a Friday.

Mice I love how you call it Food Hunting... Its like that at times, especially with the New World here, theres often Huge gaps.. And especially in the Cat food department.

Have a fab day everyone
My husband was a trout fisher and at first I thought it only fair he go back into the water, but the protocol opposes putting human remains anywhere near food gathering places so I had to abandon that idea.
morning ladies Smile The dawn chorus starts early now so I'm awake early. Another gorgeous day in the offering by the looks of it. I'm heading outside to the garden shortly and will potter about (dig out the big dock plants lol) until it gets too hot. I'll work my way round to the shady bits so when the sun is fully out, I'll be in the shade. I checked on those damed stubborn aggies the other day and bug** me! The damed things are still growing, to the point where one has poked through the plastic cover. I couldn't believe it. I'll keep trying, now it's just straight out war lol.

Yesterday was a lovely day, both weather and family wise. We scattered half of the ashes (well away from water and food gathering sites) and said our farewells. The remaining half will be tucked away in a memorial wall at a cemetery. The dogs had a good run around although my sister-in-law's dog was very quiet. We think she knew what was happening. MrK and I finished the day with a whiskey watching the eclipse.

We were going to pop into our son's shop yesterday on our way home but it was late by the time we left Raglan so will do that next week. And as it was, we got caught up with the late afternoon traffic in Hamilton.

Hopefully I can finish some sewing projects later this afternoon.

Time to get cracking. No point being up early if nothing gets done.

Happy crafting Smile