Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
I dunno popeye, I hate to think what having another baby in October is going to do to your poor knee. At your age too, lol... Thank you for that chuckle!

Isn't it a pain when our doctors move on! Just when we get them trained...
Waiting to see if the weather's going to clear up sufficiently for me to do the front lawn; one minute its raining but just a bit & the next, the sun comes out.

Did achieve something yesterday - the shortest possible Bio to send off to Moon Calendar people; at a total of 5 words, I'm quite pleased with it. Its likely to be a huge contrast to some of them. And I don't need to have a photo after all which is excellent.

Protesters appear to be copping it a bit but they've had the chance to leave peacefully & some decided against it
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(02-03-2022, 10:14 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I dunno popeye, I hate to think what having another baby in October is going to do to your poor knee. At your age too, lol... Thank you for that chuckle!

Isn't it a pain when our doctors move on! Just when we get them trained...

Lol Hunihunni.. I know lol.... I wont see this baby tho,. Its in Tauranga. A place I simply dont like...lol
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
morning ladies, another fine day here today.  

I had to chuckle at your post yesterday as well, popeye.  Just shows the power of words Big Grin  

The tree is down and I've mulched the leaves.  The branches have been cut up for a friend's fire.  It makes such a difference not having it there and opens up a shady corner.  So needless to say there was no embroidery again for me yesterday.

We watched the rioting in Wellington on the telly flabbergasted.  Deep down we knew it could only end this way but even so, it really shocked us.  And we were very grateful our niece wasn't part of the police lineup.  I see Wellingtonians are banding together to clean up the mess.  In a perfect world the protesters would be made to do the clean up but sadly this isn't a perfect world.  

I will try again today to put some time aside to work on my tui.  I was thinking of a kiwi next, popeye,  but I love the kingfisher that visits us occasionally.  The fantail is another one along with the swallows.  So many choices!

Happy crafting  Flower Heart Hi
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning all
Crisp this morning clear skies going to be a nice day.

Glad the ferals have been ousted from parliament grounds but some are camped out around  Wellington's south Coast.
The trains were stopped running last night cause could guarantee passenger safety.

Got giraffe quilt sandwiched up, borders on eyespy quilt and washed a piece of flannel for the back of that one.

KM sounds like you will have NZ native bird series when you are done

Recovering from gym with coffee then shower and off to the nest

Have good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Going to be a nice day here too. There is a bit of wind so that will keep the temp down a little I hope.

Yeah Nah a baby at well Id be 57 by then lol.... Not blimmin likely lol... I might manage to sell the story to the magazines tho, there hasn't been a male in this house for nearly 12 months lol...

Ohh things have changed a little at the home. The Manager is now wearing a Mask....And their wing is shut off at both ends.. And the Man who "had the fall" is now wearing a mask. And they are trying to keep him in his room... I like to think that things will continue to improve now that the Manager knows I dont beat around the Bush..... But

I asked when they were having their second tests. And since MrP doesn't have any symptoms he probably wont have one... And they still havent contacted family and told them its there... I have no intention of going up tomorrow. Ill leave it till Monday at the earliest and Ill have to find out if they have opened the wing or not anyway.

Madam has changed her wake up alarm. Shes letting me sleep till 8-30 am now lol.. Very kind of her not lol. Shes a good judge of Temp she sit on my knee at night time again now.

I hope to hear from the guy thats meant to be picking up the bed, I want it gone. but I susoect he may be a no show. which is a common thing in this town.

Have fun crafting everyone.. 8 square done.. Slow but steady lol,,

Have a fab day
The mower conked out in the middle of doing the back lawn. I swore quite a lot, then went inside & read a bit more book for ten minutes & tried again, while talking sweetly to it. Something worked & it started so got the rest done - gawd knows what I did to it but at least its going again.

I'm hoping to get a bit more done outside later, with a bit of luck.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
morning ladies.  We're in for some fine weather for autum I believe.  But at least the nights are cooler now.

Lilith, lol, I hate it when the lawnmower breaks down.  And I swear like a trooper at it too.  And I must admit, I've given the mower the odd kick as well.  We had the on/off switch replaced and now it works.  To be fair though, it is over 20 years old.

Yesterday I looked at the carpet rose near where the tree was and decided it had to go.  I have tried digging it out before but the tree trunk was blocking me from really getting the spade in properly.  An hour and a half later, it's out.  It was hard to weed around and under it and caught me everytime I walked by.   So now I need our fire ban lifted so I can burn the excess garden waste.  Both bins are full and the compost bins are almost full.

I stitched the tui's tail yesterday Big Grin Big Grin  and have outlined the kowhai flowers.  So I'm slowly getting there and am much happier with this attempt.  Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get things right.

Housework today and I need to spray the paspallum (sp) on the lawn so we can reseed those spots when we sow the new piece of lawn.  Might as well do the lot in one  hit.

Happy crafting  Hi Tongueout Flower
Morning all
anorther beautiful day very crisp first thing so autumn brrn the air.

Started quilting.  eyespy quilt in the afternoon, DD dropped off her quilt to be quilted, she shopped in my stash for the backing  Big Grin
So I have 3 baby quilts to do the eyesores will me basic as the pattern is si please the giraffes I am still pondering.

Food hunting his morning and have medical appointment this afternoon so probably not much sewing will be done today

Have a good day
And we have rain. That gentle kind that every plant in the garden loves. It will bring on a nice couple of handfuls of beans I suspect for me and my neighbour. I planted half a dozen mixed varieties in tyres filled with potting mix and sheep pellets on the spot when the old compost bin had been, right on the boundary with the council reserve, thinking to take advantage of all that nutrient rich soil under the grass. They climbed the five wire fence with the help of a few recycled plastic wire netting pieces and have produced constantly all summer long. The neighbours told me beans would get stolen, but that has proved not to be the case, the reserve just doesn't have that many users. I suspect few people know it is there, surrounded as it is by well established homes. Which is probably why the trees are so huge, and the bird life so brilliantly varied.

Whatever it is, why are so blessed to have it to look out on and to stroll through. It makes the most magnificient back yard and compensates rather well for our tiny units...
Morning everyone

A nice cooler morning to start the day with.

Glad you got the mower going again Lilith... I used to mow lawns for a living. proudly did 52 lawns a fortnight on my own. And no ride on's or self propelled mowers either. I enjoyed it and do miss it to be honest.

Another crap of a day with the rest home yesterday. All I want is the truth. And to have my messages replied to.. Ill be ring again this morning... I simply think that the families in the wing with Covid should be told so they can decide if they want to visit or not... And I dont think that is too complicated. They dont have to ring everyone, just those with booked in visits.

Im hoping when I go on FB Ive heard from one of the 3 that have said they want this bed, so they can come and get it.. So many say they want things then you never hear from them again.

Have a fab day everyone
Good morning.

A lovely day ahead, loving the autumn feel now.

I dread the day, Popeye when covid gets to the Resthome that my mum is in ... we have to have RAT tests now when visiting. No test (or negative) ...no visit. Thankfully, we get plenty of updates on what is currently happening, or needs to happen.

I can't imagine still picking beans now Oh_hunnihunni ... what a bonus. I see I have some well established tomato seedlings, I might leave some of them ... what a joke if they actually produced fruit, considering my tomato failure  Big Grin

Can't wait to see the giraffe quilt Mica ... such a fave animal with kids and adults alike  Smile

Lilith, I'm grateful to have my OH in charge of the lawn ... he knows how to fix these things in times of need Big Grin Glad yours decided to fire up 2nd time round!

Covid question ... are we able to go for walks if isolating, obviously keeping our distance, or going at times when not many around? We have a dog and besides I would go stir crazy. 

Time for coffee then find something useful to do.

Have a good day.
I might have overdone things a bit yesterday; probably should have just left it at the mowing but decided to do a tiny bit of pruning away dead bits which took longer than expected.
Never mind, its Friday.

Good luck with getting shot of the bed, Popeye & also with the rest home. That reserve sounds lovely Hunni; it must make all the difference to have it.

The dog is avoiding me slightly - she saw me put her mattress outside for an airing & wash her blanket. I have a horrible feeling she's onto my plot to give her a bath at some point soon. Smile
morning ladies Smile  And dry day today.  I had the hose on the garden again yesterday as even with the mulch, the wind is drying the ground out.

Oh-hunnihunni, planting beans in old tyres is a really good idea.  The tyres will hold the moisture and keep the ground warm.  The space behind your home sounds lovely.  And even better that people have semi forgotten about it or don't know about it.

Lilith, I suspect our dogs know when it's bath time so good luck with giving yours a bath lol.  I know our boy hates water so we only bath him when we absolutely have too.

I can't wait to see your giraffe quilt, mica.  There are so many great ideas for quilts out there.

Today I plan to put some time aside to work on my tui.  But first I have the lawn to mow, not that there has been much growth, it's more a tidy up.  So it should be quick.

I'm going to have a look for Ukrainian designs and see if I can buy one or two.  It might no be much, but if the  Cash  go into a paypal account the designer can access the funds anywhere in the world.  Just a small gesture but  I  will have some lovely designs to sew so a win-win.

Happy crafting  Bigsmile Heart
Morning everyone

Grey and a good breeze here this morning. but loving the temperatures that's for sure.

Yesterday was yet another crappy day.. I simply cant believe that the rest home thinks its only needs to tell the family of the people with covid that its there. Not the family's with people who are now locked into the wing and their rooms where the cases are. I find it appalling that will also still let visitors into that wing...

And to top it off MrP dropped his phone, which meant after a 2.5 hour wait for them to actually tell him something was wrong and I ended up talking to him on their landline, it took one person seconds to fix it.. We were both stressed to the max about it. But they dont care.

Today Im going to nip up for some groceries.. MrP has no symptoms and 2 covid tests so I figure since I have no symptoms we have missed the bullet so far.

Ohh wasnt the cricket awesome yesterday.. very eveningly matched I think.. 3 runs just 3 runs. ''

Have a fab day all
Morning all
Nippy this morning and getting dark in mornings so dogs are sleeping in  Big Grin

Everyone's gardening endeavours sound productive and producing the good stuff.

No crafting yesterday. I have been busy at nights unpicking a queen size quilt that I quilted 2000, it would seem it contained poor quality wool batting know where I purchased it  just couldnt remember which quilts contained it Sad
This quilt has been kicking around in my quilt loan/library stash that the kids come and do swappa a quilt. I thought it was time to refresh it. Well we got massive shrinkage. I use wool  batting in some quilts and the good stuff washes with out shrinking.. I am telling you that quilt was sewn not to ever come apart lol.

So now I have another quilt top to quilt this one will wait until  my new table arrives.

Family dinner tonight  will make rice salad.
Planning on having a look at Skeinz sale, my charity stash is all but gone and DGD keeps growing

Have a good day
I sat in my chair last night watching tv and stitching another mad brooch for the fun of it - I blame you ladies completely for infecting me with stitching envy. The fact I scored a very neat wee embroidery hoop on TM for next to nothing has nowt to do with it, lol.

Boy it makes stitching and applique so much easier.

Another unexpected benefit from this current obsession is my library books are lasting much longer. I spend hours with a needle instead of the pages! Both are very good at making a rather disturbing world disappear for long periods of time...
Bathed dog successfully (more or less) yesterday & then took her for a walk to help drying process....she was making these odd choking sounds & eventually I realised that I'd clipped the lead to her collar for the bath & forgotten to move it to her lead.
The collar wasn't even tight for pity's sake - apparently, the dog is a reincarnation of Sarah Bernhardt.

And then her mean, evil human - not content with bathing the perfectly clean dog who smelled especially fragrant- added injury to insult by putting that horrible flea stuff on the back of her neck. Where she can't reach it.

Its a lucky thing that the dog can't use the phone, she'd have reported me to the SPCA for extreme cruelty!. Smile
I did the flea stuff on the cat thing today. The cat thing upchucked on my Amish quilt at 2am, so she earned it. Fortunately the quilt is sturdy (as most things Amish are) and so is back on the bed all clean and sweet smelling.

And I have just found another interesting time wasting interweb link for you stitchers, which caught my eye because of the current running stitch/backstitch thing I have going on -

https://www.vam.ac.uk/blog/fabric-of-ind...embroidery

Not just me then...
morning ladies  Big Grin  What a gorgeous sunrise we have this morning.

Ohhhh you meanies putting flea stuff on your critters...  Tongue Angel I'm sure they will find a way to pay you back some how lmao.  We bought the very expensive flea stuff that 'guarantees your dog will love it' at $99, so-called meat flavoured chews he was supposed to devour from our hands with his tail wagging and thinking he was having a treat.  Nope.  Not on your nelly.  Wasn't happening.  There was no way he was going to have it.  Even when hidden in his food. He looked at us as if he was saying, who are you trying to kid, here? It's hard enough to get his drontal and pexion into him so we  picked our battle and went back to using comfortis for fleas.  At least all of those can be disguised in some cheese which he loves.  Our friend ended up with the flea stuff he hated so at least one dog was able to use it. An expensive exercise never to be repeated! Exclamation

Not sure what we're doing today.  MrK is beginning to pull out the tomatoes that have finished and preparing the vegie garden for the winter veg.  We already have some cabbages and silverbeet back in the garden.  Now it's a battle of wills against the white butterfly.  Why does our silverbeet go to seed just when it's $6.50 a packet!  Yesterday he accidently snipped a piece of a pumpkin off and it had a baby pumpkin still growing.  Even though it was small, we had it for dinner last night, sooo good!

Oh-hunnihunni, I'm glad we are able to inspire you.  I belong to an international embroidery group on FB and there are lots of ladies there who embroider their saris and kanthas... omgg they are just stunning.  Lots of beginner embroiderers too, all different styles from around the world.    It's a very positive group and no one puts anyone down.  Advice is freely shared and often there are ideas I would never have thought of.  No sales are allowed, it's strictly a 'show and tell' group.  

I'm still working on my tui and yesterday stitched the kowhai flowers without the fuss I had last time around.  I've outlined the tui's body and that will be the next bit to embroider.  Making the whole thing a bit smaller has certainly helped my mindset over this piece.

Washing machine is telling me it's finished so like a good slave to the machines, I'm off to hang out the washing.

Happy crafting  Angel Flower Heart