Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Morning all bright with clouds today.
Not much achieved yesterday. DS and DGS accompanied me to collect a machine from the sewing machine spa.
Thought it was a good idea since she is 16 years old and never had a service. I am planning on selling her so thought a clean and electrical test and tag should be done.
They then came home with me for lunch and DGS and the male k9 played ball forever. One tired dog last night.
Too cloudy to see eclipse last night a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see it.
Watched the movie The Dressmaker on Netflix last night DH enjoyed it I enjoyed watching it again too.
Off to buy some Astelias today so DH will spend his day in the garden while I sew Smile
Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

A stunner of a day here too.. I will be in the garden once Ive been up the road. Just putting the stuff I want to keep out of the way so when the rest goes tomorrow its an easy job for them.

OMG Kiwimade those dam aggies are determined buggers. When Im talking to my friend who owns the nursery here Ill ask her if they have any ideas.. Just be careful on your body ok.

I said to MrP last night that I dont know if I could find my way to Raglan where he wants to go, but I could take him out to the west coast here and it would be the same lol

MrP was in a grump last night, once again said he will be home for Christmas, I told him I was going to the rest home and he hung up. he really knows how to push my buttons, and I shouldn't let it upset me but he has this time.

Yesterday was 15 years since my heart surgery.. its gone quite fast considering.. But even tho I dont like what the warfarin does, Im glad Im not facing repeat surgery, which I would be by now if Id gone with a pig valve.

Will get some done on the blanket later.. I didnt get any done yesterday.

Have a fab day everyone
(19-11-2021, 07:47 AM)popeye333 Wrote: Morning everyone

Yes Mica I have noticed that too lol.. I always go back to check lol.

Everyone is busy and enjoying the weather. Its a Stunner here today too eh Flossy... Flossy lives in the other side of town from me and her Brother and I were in the same class at college..

Be careful with the ashes Kiwimade, try and to it when people arent around cos its not liked by the Maori community. When my Stepfather died his siblings wanted to scatter his ashes from the top of Mount Te Aroha and his sister asked about taking a bus up there. They asked why and she told them and was told a big no.... in saying that MrP will be going to Raglan as well.

I managed to get connected to the skinny jump last night, the lappy, phone and e-reader so considering myself clever being able to do that lol

Did a few more rows on the baby blanket, one more colour and Im half way.

Yesterday I managed to get a red sheet and a red bathmat so my bathroom will go back to red again lol.. with having white curtains I just change the ribbon tie backs to suit.

Ill pop up the road briefly at some stage, New World didn't have the Pepsi I buy yesterday. And I know they have a delivery on a  Friday.

Mice I love how you call it Food Hunting... Its like that at times, especially with the New World here, theres often Huge gaps.. And especially in the Cat food department.

Have a fab day everyone
Hi Popeye, yes going to be a nice day today again,
didn't come over in here yesterday just been too busy with my TM,
over 390 sales since last Monday, done 79 courier bookings, just about to do some more to add to Mondays pile,
As there were no Aramex pick ups in Waiuku Yesterday, Arun came and told me on Thursday, they were just picking up Pokeno,
when he actually knocks on the door to talk ok, what's up? Lol!,
So he will have 2 days worth on Monday,
well last of my auctions closing tomorrow then a few weeks rest while setting up more, and do more painting around the house,
Kitchen window sill next on agenda, need to glue a pad back onto one of my sanders that holds the sand paper, it has come off sigh!, ?
and I will need that one for the window sill to get in the corners, otherwise just use my mouse again,
A woman's work is never done, sigh!
Have a good day all,
I really enjoyed The Dressmaker thank you for mentioning it Mica!
Morning all
Early start this morning, sewing group today.
DH happy we got the astelias so he re did my pots and sorted out another couple of areas in the garden.
Finished sewing DS shorts yesterday so another Xmas pressies done.
Those aggies are determined little blitters KM but they won't beat you there is a reason we own terriers lol
Have a good day everyone
morning ladies Smile Another stunning day out there. I have an early start in the garden again today, starting with watering the part I weeded yesterday and planting some more plants.

Lmaooo mica @ owning terriers... you are so right lol. It takes a special breed of person to own a terrier and we have to be just as stubborn or even more so. I must admit, the Furry One is mellowing a bit with age but still has painted on ears when on the trail of a rabbit or possum.

Yesterday I filled the wheelie bin with weeds. No composting for this lot thanks to convolvulus. My goodness that's a nasty weed, strangling anything and everything. Some of my roses have finished their first flush already so I was dead heading as I went. The new leather gardening gloves I bought a wee while back are fantastic. I can grip a rose cane and not feel any prickles but can also move my fingers easily. MrK planted butter beans and peas and more lettuces. So the vegie garden is coming along nicely as well. There are flowers on the tomatoes already.

Late in the afternoon I finished the tote bag for my friend. I'll drop it off to her sometime and we'll have another catch up.

Washing machine is beeping, I'm well trained with the beeps lol so I'll hang the washing out, put the hose on the garden and get cracking before the day gets too hot. We're meant to hit 25 today.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Looks beautiful out there this morning, but I shall wait till after Jack Tame does his thing before my day starts, and give the body a chance to recover after yesterday's digging and trimming. I have a good book as well so a chapter or two on a Sunday morning is a good excuse for laziness.
Morning everyone

Another stunner here today too..

I have someone coming to give me a quote for the lawns, again. he says he is $10-$15 cheaper than all the rest so I wont say how much we used to pay.

Then a bit later a friends Daughter is coming to get the baths and planter boxes etc. so that will make a huge difference out the back. I will miss them but the bending still isn't good. Those Pod things would be good but very expensive.

Im 2 rows off half way on the blanket so Im pleased with that.. Doing stripes always seems to go faster than doing one colour lol.

Kiwimade a friend was saying the other day the birds are eating her peas... Never heard of that but she was going to cover them like she had to with her strawberries.

I agree re owning terriers.. We had two and they keep you on your toes for sure. but they used to run each other ragged too lol When we rescued Bella she had a raw open wound right around her neck from living on a chain.. No dog deserves to be chained up but especially terriers, they Need to run free. She could dance on her back feet from all the time of being tethered. hence Bella.. ballerina. Her previous name was Puke Puukee, but I wasnt standing at the back door calling that out lol.

I found another red and white gingham table runner yesterday at the recycle centre.. So I swapped it around and put it on my dressing table, and moved the tablecloth to the coffee table. With Missy's help of course. Ive only had to straighten it twice so far, I thought it might be a every ten minutes job lol

Have a fab day everyone.. stay hydrated

(21-11-2021, 06:29 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Looks beautiful out there this morning, but I shall wait till after Jack Tame does his thing before my day starts, and give the body a chance to recover after yesterday's digging and trimming. I have a good book as well so a chapter or two on a Sunday morning is a good excuse for laziness.
It would be fatal for me to pick up a book during the day Hunnihunni lol... I do my reading at night sitting on my bed. a minimum of an hour but closer to 2 sometimes lol.. I finished one last night so get to start another tonight
My library run this week was very profitable, more of my lockdown reserves arrived - brand new and not even cracked open too, always a treat. So I will be indulging between knitting bouts, and forays into the garden to do a bit of this and that. I have my eye on a rather large couple of Green Goddess lilies that just have to come out, and if I do one at a time I shouldn't do myself too much harm, and will earn another chapter or two as a reward for the effort!

That sun out there is too tempting to spend too much time being lazy.
Good morning lovely morning in the Bay - but we have covid so that’s a bit of a bummer - so far just a truck driver from Auckland but he had been to the Sallies which is a real worry 
My vegepod arrived - my elderly neighbour is very old school and told me my veggies would be better off in the ground - so that was telling me - it’s on wheels and I imagined myself moving it depending on the weather etc - but it’s heavy - 
A young chap has opened a bakery not retail just delivery - not sure how it is going to go but he comes and gets lemons and leaves me beautiful Danish pastries so must go and crank the coffee pot up 
Started to watch the ABs gave that up 
Have just read all the Seven Sisters enjoyed them
(21-11-2021, 06:46 AM)popeye333 Wrote: Morning everyone

Another stunner here today too..

I have someone coming to give me a quote for the lawns, again. he says he is $10-$15 cheaper than all the rest so I wont say how much we used to pay.

Then a bit later a friends Daughter is coming to get the baths and planter boxes etc. so that will make a huge difference out the back. I will miss them but the bending still isn't good. Those Pod things would be good but very expensive. 

Im 2 rows off half way on the blanket so Im pleased with that.. Doing stripes always seems to go faster than doing one colour lol.

Kiwimade a friend was saying the other day the birds are eating her peas... Never heard of that but she was going to cover them like she had to with her strawberries.

I agree re owning terriers.. We  had two and they keep you on your toes for sure. but they used to run each other ragged too lol When we rescued Bella she had a raw open wound right around her neck from living on a chain.. No dog deserves to be chained up but especially terriers, they Need to run free. She could dance on her back feet from all the time of being tethered. hence Bella.. ballerina. Her previous name was Puke  Puukee, but I wasnt standing at the back door calling that out lol.

I found another red and white gingham table runner yesterday at the recycle centre.. So I swapped it around and put it on my dressing table, and moved the tablecloth to the coffee table. With Missy's help of course. Ive only had to straighten it twice so far, I thought it might be a every ten minutes job lol

Have a fab day everyone.. stay hydrated

(21-11-2021, 06:29 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Looks beautiful out there this morning, but I shall wait till after Jack Tame does his thing before my day starts, and give the body a chance to recover after yesterday's digging and trimming. I have a good book as well so a chapter or two on a Sunday morning is a good excuse for laziness.
It would be fatal for me to pick up a book during the day Hunnihunni lol... I do my reading at night sitting on my bed. a minimum of an hour but closer to 2 sometimes lol.. I finished one last night so get to start another tonight
Afternoon Popeye, It is shocking what some now charge to mow lawns, It costs me $20 a year, Yes, mow my own, Only full petrol can up once a year, and then cost of Lawn mower when it goes in for blade sharpening and heath check, every 1-2 years, I got it a new Spark plug for it's 10th Birthday this year Lol!, I was replacing it when I realized the manufacture date on mower, oh it's birthday,
when I brought my house 25 years ago, I was paying a work colleagues teenage son $20 using their own mower, lives in same street, but then brother dearest gave me his trusty mower, he named Flagship!, on actual mower, identifiable if stolen, I was just about to buy one, from when he was lawn mowing, after asking him for advice, it's a good strong alloy base, but after Dad passed, Sold his NZ Post Rural Runs & gave me Dads old mower & took (Stole) his trusty one back, (bloody Indian giver, Lol!) dads old one does not get as close to the edges, but gets the job done, sigh!,
Now like me he is semi retired and back mowing lawns again, I do not know what he charges though? I have never asked, I offered to help him when we come out of Level 4 to catch up for free, I was needing the exercise, and an outing away from the cat & fridge!!, but he was ok,
Any way have a good day, need to go mow the lawn, It is back to a weekly ritual, as growing so fast,
morning ladies Smile A drizzly old day so far but perfect for being out in the garden. I was out early and finished the weeding while it was lovely and cool. Edges all trimmed as I weeded and now need to mow the lawn when the rain stops to make it all look pretty again.

Our mower is a good 20 years old too, I used my tax refund to buy it. I remember the tax refund being perfect timing as our old mower died, never to be used again. It's a sturdy mower and it's only in the last six months we've had to have it repaired with a new off/on switch. The princely sum of $120, including a good service, blade sharpening and all the trimmings. It's the most it has cost us ever.

I read in the late afternoon, the Furry One and I stretch out on the couch and read. He demands it now lol and knows when I pick my reading glasses up it's time to read. And if I don't, he leads me to my book. I think by the time I'm ready to read, he's ready to rest <3 Gotta love old dogs.

I've never heard of birds eating peas either, popeye. We will need to cover our raspberries as it looks like we're in for a good crop and I'll be damed if the birds are getting those! We share the grapes and tomatoes with them though lol.

Yesterday was a really productive day with gardening and sewing. This is my third season of not spraying and finally the garden has some balance between pest and predator. The first year I wondered what on earth I was doing with all the garden pests and was tempted to go back to spraying. The birds started to fill the garden and began to eat the bugs but omgg my roses paid the price that year. Last summer it started to really kick in with a few aphids and pests but this year, so far, just wow! No aphids at all and no snails, the birds are really doing their thing. So happy we made this choice.

I've quilted the fabric for a bag I want to have another go at sewing and today I'll cut the pieces out and start it if the weather stays wet. My sister called in for a coffee and she has cuts and bruises over her face where she tripped over while camping. Not a good look but should heal up quickly. She took one of the sunhats and scrunchies I sewed the other day for her granddaughter as a Christmas gift from us.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Bit of a storm last night lots of rain which will be good for DH new plantings.
Had lovely, day yesterday sold my old machine to a xewing friend so she is going to a good home
Off to gym soon then DD wants to go shopping for some new shorts for summer so I am going along as baby wrangler. Seems to be one of my new job descriptions.
I like reading too but tend 5o sit at it until it is finished. I often listen to audio books while I am sewing too.
Making some masks for friend using fabric from a corporate top she has once that is done I can get back to making xmas presents
Have a good day
Morning everyone

Wet and humid here, so its going to be horrible in pep gear at the rest home. Only staying an hour so Ill cope lol just.

The bulk of the back garden went yesterday, I will and wont miss it cos it looks nice and tidy out there now. But really no sense in growing anything just for me. I cleaned it all off and moved the geraniums, but have to swap them around a little with a big tub of old fashioned Violets I have.

Also tidied the sewing room.. Looks soo much better now, I had stopped opening the doors cos of the mess. But was happy to this morning.

Sewed the ends in and I'm now about 2/3rds of the way through the blanket. I want it done before I do my blood next week. 4 colours to do and then a white border.

Started a new book last night, its a tad raunchy but is only a short read. about two hours apparently.. I like how my e-reader can tell how long it will take me to read it lol.

Have a fab day everyone...
morning ladies Smile Another grey start to the morning here but at least the humidity hasn't kicked in yet. I finished weeding and mowing yesterday in spite of the rain so that's all done for now.

Still no more work on my tui, I must get onto that. But I only have to hand sew some bias binding on the quilted bag and it's done. I prefer to hand sew it as I usually miss bits when I machine it. I'm really happy with it this time round and will take a pic and post a link to the site where I found the pattern. It's going to be perfect for keeping charges and all that sort of thing while we are away. Am thinking I'll make one for my sister for when she goes camping. She was admiring my first effort (can't see why lol, it was a shocker!) and hinting lol. I still have some fabric left over form her quilt so will use that and add it to her Christmas present. MrK's is made from the same fabric too. I'm also thinking I could line one with water proof fabric and it would make a lovely toilet bag. I might have a tutu with that.

Today I'm going to call in and see my sister. After she tripped over the other day she has had neck pain and was ambulanced to hospital. She had a CT scan and only tissue damage but her nose is broken. So pain killers and a week off work. I think she'll find she will have a black eye too. But first I have to do a school run, no buses are running thanks to school camps so my friend's granddaughter has no way to get to school today. It's been a few years since I've done a school run lol.

I meant to ask, oh_hunihuni, how do you get those quotes and signatures at the end of your posts?

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Sunny day here.
Had lovely day out with DD yesterday and she got some new summer clothes.
I was pretty tired after hard gym session and then at the mall but fun day out.
Today got to get some bones for the k9s and few other odds and sods errands then sewing this afternoon.
Feline missing yesterday morning DH rescued her from spare bedroom cupboard mid morning she must have smeaked in when I was putting in xmas pressie on Sunday evening.
Have a good day everyone
Morning everyone

Its a stunner here and was warm overnight. Both doors are wide open letting what little wind there is to blow through

Rather creaky this morning.. and its my own fault. I gave away the set of drawers I didnt want any more yesterday but had to get them out the front door by myself for contactless pick up.. not a long distance but it was the lifting it to the end that did my sternum in. This time 15 years ago I was 4 days post opp from the heart surgery so its like its reminding me its there lol.

Ill have a gentle day and crochet since I didnt get any done yesterday.

Oh Mica the Naughty girl she was checking to see if there were any pressies for her. lol.

MrP went into hospital overnight, they rang about 9 pm and said he needed an iron infusion.. He was very grey yesterday when I saw him. He was stressing when I rang him cos he was worried about his blanket. I told him to fold it up and put it in the wardrobe. I didnt mention covid and how I'm concerned about that. So Ill ring him at our usual time and see how he is getting on.

Have an awesome Day everyone
Kiwimade, if you go to the top and hit User CP your should be able to find ways to do all sorts of things with your profile, including adding a signature quote. The best person to ask would be Crafty, she has one that even changes colour!
Morning all, another sunny day here
K9s very happily chewed bones yesterday. They haven't had one in a while.
Ouch your poor sister KM hope she heals fast.
Managed to get some sewing done yesterday and completed the second sleeve on cotton cardi I am knitting DGD just the band to go.always find band knitting boring.
Got appts in the city today so a train ride for me.
Hope Mr P visit to hospital was short Popeye.
Have a good day everyone
morning ladies Smile It's much cooler this morning and we had some heavy showers last evening too.

Thanks oh_hunnihunni, I'll have a tutu with the User CP and see what I can do lol. It looks like a fun thing to do.

Here's the tote bag I sewed for my friend to replace the one that was 'lost'. Am very happy with it and uses the last of the navy blue fabric from the quilt I sewed. I was lucky I had kept some left over binding from the quilt as I needed it for the handles, that's how tight it was with fabric lol. The floral fabric is from the vintage pillowcase I unpicked and also left over from the quilt.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152761097@...en-public/

Late yesterday afternoon I finished the quilted bag and am happy I replaced the bias binding. I know MrK wouldn't have cared but it would have bugged me that it wasn't right. I'll take a pic today and post it when I can.

Yesterday I found the Karcher shop in Hamilton and finally replaced the washer on my window vacum. I've only been waiting weeks for this. Mitre 10 and Bunnings didn't have one and of course Hamilton was in lockdown. I can finally get the windows cleaned. I know I could use the hose but the Karcher uses a heck of a lot less water and is easier to manage. So I can add 'clean windows inside and out' onto my to-do list. Might even do it today if the weather plays nice.

I have three more sunhats to sew and another quilted bag to add to Christmas presents. MrK was going to buy me a walking foot for my sewing machine as a Christmas present but I think that can wait. I need a pair of gumboots lol as mine split along the heel the other day. I'll pack him off to Farmlands and he can buy me a pair of red bands lol. Not the most conventional of gifts but very practical for a gardener. I'm tired of having cheap gum boots that don't last. If he chooses to still buy the walking foot though, who am I to say no Tongue

happy crafting Smile