Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Morning everyone

Wet here again. And it was rather cold at 3am. Needed an extra layer. Time for my sleeping hat to come out I think. My head is right next to a window when I sleep.

I dont know what I did yesterday, other than trying my best to walk normally but the top of my knee is sore today. Plastered it with deep heat, had pills so hopefully it will pull its head in and behave.

Today my first born nephew is 48. Starting to make me feel older lol.. but when he turns 50 Im going to stop counting lol. I like to think My Sister would be a lovely older lady and take it all in her stride.

Off to see the girls for our Birthdays today. Im sooo looking forward to it. Its different without Bobbie and Peter, but we have to carry on. And at least I have seen them this week.

Dianne rang last night. Pretty much so she heard directly from me about Bobbie and Peter. Rather than Davids one sided narrative.
Apparently Colleen didn't bother to go to the big lounge for Irenes actual birthday yesterday. Our hope is that she behaves today. and if she doesn't bother to turn up then its her Loss. We are all worried that something is happening in her brain, she has a tumor but her whole demena has changed over the last 6 months.

I must wrap Irene's Pressie up. I got her a pretty pocket watch and a pair of clip on earrings that are white flowers, possibly magnolia cos they remind me of the ones David gave me when MrP died.

I have my rides sorted for next week, phew. I cant wait for that part to be over. And be back to being independent again.. I really dont like having to ask people all the time. Its not me.

David found the parking Permit.. Yay. he reckons Bella went through her files and found it.. Bella is his dog lol. But it means I can save up and get a new one in September when this one expires. Once again, by myself with no one else paying lol.

Have a fab day everyone. Stay warm and Dry
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Happy birthday Popeye, hope its a good one.

Ventured out this morning & finally managed to find a tank top/singlet which was just cotton,without synthetic, then came home & remembered to look online for a book I'm after which the library only has on ebook & found it reasonably priced at Blackwells, so not a bad day so far.
Madame Le Dog & I went for a walk & both her friends down the street came out to their fence to say hello so she was a very happy dog.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Not my Birthday till Sunday Lilith... Kiwimade is first, Tomorrow.

It was lovely to share our birthdays today tho. To find out that Colleens Daughters was Tuesday.. So we had fun. Poor David copped it in every direction today, he is very one minded in conversation's and he kept trying to take us back to Bobbie and in the end the others said, Bobbie isn't here so lets celebrate these birthdays.. oops. but he was ok..

Dianne and Irene gave me a Diamond Painting and magnifying glass.. that's a cheeky present lol and David gave me money which was appreciated. He also gave us both some Lily Buds. Some red and some white or Yellow. He couldn't seem to make up his mind which they were. So we decided to mix them up so we both had both colours, what ever they may be. Colleen behaved thank goodness lol. And we had good staff on today so they joined in too.

I nearly took a tumble. I was leaning over to hug Irene when leaving and went too far.. Lost my step but didn't fall into her lap, just. First time I've done anything like that since the opp. Needless to say it hurt. But I hid it well.

We went to the supermarket afterwards. I was already buying cheese. But Colleens daughter had given her some of the longer aged Tasty cheese. So we had a wee taste. So Both Dianne and I got some. So that was 3 cheeses for me today lol. I've wanted to try the longer aged one, but didn't want to risk the cost and not like it.. but its good.. So got some crackers too.

My friend had her surgery, not totally sure what tho, but was meant to have a hysterectomy, but they did something different. Unfortunately her sciatic nerve has pinched, so she is suffering. She will be home with her fur babies tomorrow after hemodialysis tho.
Morning everyone.

The sun is out but quite chilly.

Happy Birthday Kiwimade.. Hope you have an awesome Day.

We have all booked ourselves a lazy weekend here. David and Dianne have said they wont be doing much either.. Time to recharge the batteries in 3 houses lol.

So I have a load of washing lol and I will make a pudding later.. I brought the left over sponge home so will break my once a year trifle habit and make one. Saves wasting the sponge. I think I have everything I need.

My Aussie friend told me about the stabbing at Bayfair late yesterday. the police have taken a teenage girl in... Seems even worse that it was a girl.. When did they stop being girls.... the world has gone crazy.

I will paint later, its been a few days

Have an awesome day everyone
morning ladies Smile What a stunner of a day!

Glad you enjoyed your day, popeye Smile

MrK wrote me a lovely note for my birthday and attached it to the ear rings Heart 40 years of marriage next year and he still 'gets' me lol.

Housework today and I have a couple of things to do in the garden. I'll dig that patch over where the tree was again to try and break up more clods. And the chrysanthemum in the pot is starting to look sickly, a pretty good hint it needs to be in the garden. The flowers are pretty and I'll pick them first.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning.

Sunny outside, another nice day ahead.

Happy birthday KM, a lovely Autumn day for you to be in your happy place, the garden  Smile  Don't work too hard!

The stabbing was a bit too close to home ... no one likes to hear/read that kind of news, let alone in their neighbourhood. So much anger out there and that includes in Parliament!

Plan to pick up some left over new carpet soon to cut up and make the wooden floor more user friendly for the 3-legged one. There are already a few carpet runs added, but more needed with the skidding events that are happening a bit too regularly!

The jacket is a third of the way there ... so many stitches to keep track of on the needle each row!

Veg soup on the go ... we enjoy carrying on our childhood winter comfort food, lol.

Better get moving.

Enjoy the day all.
(04-05-2024, 09:41 AM)Roma Wrote: Good morning.

Sunny outside, another nice day ahead.

Happy birthday KM, a lovely Autumn day for you to be in your happy place, the garden  Smile  Don't work too hard!

The stabbing was a bit too close to home ... no one likes to hear/read that kind of news, let alone in their neighbourhood. So much anger out there and that includes in Parliament!

Plan to pick up some left over new carpet soon to cut up and make the wooden floor more user friendly for the 3-legged one. There are already a few carpet runs added, but more needed with the skidding events that are happening a bit too regularly!

The jacket is a third of the way there ... so many stitches to keep track of on the needle each row!

Veg soup on the go ... we enjoy carrying on our childhood winter comfort food, lol.

Better get moving.

Enjoy the day all.

I managed to grab a ham hock at new world on Tuesday night for soup. Was thinking I should have got the veges yesterday. Im making soup for my ladies.. But Glad I didn't , I simply dont have room in the freezer.. So Ill have to make it the day before I take it up... They will happily wait tho lol
Thanks roma Smile It's an absolute stunner of a day here, sunshine and no wind. I read about that stabbing on the Waikato/BoP FB page. Close to home here too as we shop there as well.

Time for a cuppa as housework is done. A lick and a promise today Tongue Too good a morning to pass up time in the garden.
Happy birthday KM, how lovely to be 21 again...Smile

If anyone remembers The darling buds of may, Open all hours or Only fools & horses; I'm presently reading A Del of a life, David Jason & thoroughly enjoying it, he's very funny & its a good read, won't be getting much done till I've finished it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Quick trip to the village today to get library books, and there patrolling the spaces is a uniformed security guard.

I know our librarians are precious but really? Security guards?
Yes, I used to enjoy any David Jason series ... funny man. Will keep an eye out for that book.

Maybe an 'incident' of some sort occurred OHH warranting Security to be put in place?
(04-05-2024, 12:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Quick trip to the village today to get library books, and there patrolling the spaces is a uniformed security guard.

We have security guards in the library here in Dunedin.
I do have other cameras!
(04-05-2024, 12:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Quick trip to the village today to get library books, and there patrolling the spaces is a uniformed security guard.

It may be a sign of the times; we haven't any at our local (so far) but I've heard of at least one incident there, perhaps because ours includes what's left of the local Post Office & also has council offices.
Could be, we have had several city homeless coming over on the ferry and making trouble here. They've been trespassed but maybe that isn't enough.

Sad state of affairs...
Absolutely stunning day today here in the Bay - a young couple got married under the trees in the reserve behind my house - must have been pot luck as guests were arriving with Tupperware containers and plates - great way to do it
Happy birthday Kiwimade - hope you have had a lovely day
Another stabbing in a Countdown - the privacy commissioner is going to have to butt out and let proper security be set up to stop repeat offenders returning armed - carrying a sawn off shot gun to steal $1000 worth of meat by somebody who has been trespassed 17 times is just not OK -the week before it was lucky the offender dropped his machete as he ran towards the security guy and a customer kicked the machete under the fridge - they turn a blind eye when a Mum drops a deodorant or a pizza into her pushchair but repeat offenders coming in with weapons just has to stop
Field mushrooms for tea - lots of butter black pepper - can’t wait
Oh yum!

I spend a lot of time out on my little deck under the sun umbrella, reading or stitching, it is a great pleasure on a glorious day. But the brolly is nearly six years old and despite being religiously looked after ithe fabric is getting tatty, so I have been trying to find a replacement umbrella that doesn't break the budget. And then purely by accident, today I came across an ad for replacement canopies, and it seems I can get one to fit sent from Oz, for under $40. It isn't that pretty blue, but it will do the job and extend the life of my very solid frame for another few years. I could even buy two and have a colour change when the mood takes me!

What did we do before Made in China made things so easy!
Hope you had a nice birthday Kiwimade

Sounds like a good deal for your umbrella OHH

A beautiful day here too we travelled up the line and joined friends for lunch 
Love the new express ways makes travelling North much speedier and easy driving.

Looking forward to another nice day tomorrow
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
morning ladies Smile We have another stunning day today by the looks of it Smile

Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday Smile

Happy birthday, popeye, I hope you have an awesome day today.

The Fluffy One goes home today around lunchtime, I think. She had a restless night scratching at walls thinking they were doors and getting 'lost' in the house in the wee hours. It's so sad to see her like this, my sister is going to have to make a hard choice soon.

Today I think I'll dig that patch over I was meant to do yesterday. The mulch is slowly starting to crumble, and the ground should be ready for replanting in the spring. We've started putting the bird puddings out for the birds and it doesn't take long for the birds to demolish it. There's an old uneaten apple that can be put out for them as well. There are only a few figs on the tree left and the blackbird is enjoying them Smile We've had a great season for figs and don't mind sharing.

The runner is coming along slowly, the thing with doing the weaving is you find every mistake lol. Nothing that can't be fudged though.

MrK has asked me to sew a cushion for his outdoor gardening seat. I'll have a look in Spotlight for some outdoor fabric next week. He finds it easier to weed and garden sitting and built a seat for that very reason. It's just a tad hard on the butt Tongue

Happy crafting Smile
When I was looking for outdoor fabrics I came across a place in Hamilton that had a fabulous range at very good prices, and made a mental note of it. Which of course immediately fell through one of the many holes in my head, lol. Uncle Google would know it though, handy bloke to have around. I did the first prune on my white hydrangea yesterday and discovered Wedding Day has thrown a spray of buds, mad rose that she is. Just goes to show how warm the ground up here still is. But the salvias still need their Autumn chop back, I shall use those cuttings to start off the new compost bin so the old one can rest for the winter. That bed won't know what has hit it since the feijoa hedge got reduced by half, all of a sudden it gets sun. The peach tree will enjoy that too. I will put some wildflower seed in there and see what comes up...
Snap, lol, OHH.  We use the salvia cuttings that way as well.  MrK is in the process of emptying the compost bin and I'll cut back the salvias I pruned in February (to make it easier for the arborist) when he has finished. 

I'll google for the fabric, thanks for the heads up.  There has to be more choices than Spotlight in Hamilton.