Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
I like my karcher too. Very easy cleaning. I picked up one of their little steam cleaners too and it is excellent for my tiny bathroom. Nice to know that space is super clean in these dangerous times.
I am knitting again, doing a scrappy blanket to use up some leftovers from the stash so I have a good excuse to buy more wool. Weird colours but scrappy blankies are inclined to be a bit strange! Keeps me occupied in between bursts of gardening clean up. Everything is growing so fast there is a lot of pruning to be done!
Morning everyone

A wet day here and quite still.

Love the bag Kiwimade that is such pretty fabric.

I joined on the last colour on the blanket last night. But it being the same dark blue that was in MrPs blanket it was too dark to work and my hands had really done enough. So Ill get that done today.

The pain from yesterday is gone, so a day of rest was good for me.

Did your original Karcher die Kiwimade? the windows need doing here on the outside especially. But Im going to leave it till Autumn cos they add some antiglare coverage especially the kitchen and ranch slider.

My other bead storage container arrived yesterday so once I stopped crocheting I sorted those out, so Im ready to go when I finish the blanket. I really do like things sorted well while I work.

MrP was home by 3-30 yesterday. They couldn't do the transfusion as his veins collapsed in both arms. He was very tired as it was 4-45am when he got to the hospital.. the road between here and Papakura is lined with privet so he had a real head of it by the time he got home. I dont know if he will be in isolation or not. Ill find out before Monday.

Have to pop up the road for a couple of things so I better get sorted.

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile It's going to be another hot, humid day I think.

No popeye, it didn't die, just needed a new O ring around the black bit that goes into the collection bottle. The woman at the Karcher shop said it was most unusual for the O ring to fail so gave me a whole new piece. I like the idea of their steamer, oh_hunnihunni. Might look at buying one for us too as it would be useful in the kitchen as well.

Yesterday I sewed two more sun hat for the littlies in our family. Gotta love sparkly unicorns, dinosaurs and Winnie the Pooh. They have lovely wide brims too.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152761097@...149659363/

And my quilted bag for MrK's electronics, chargers and so on. I'll be sewing another one of these for my sister to take camping. Perfect for her chargers too. I made this one out of left over fabric from her quilt and have just enough for another in the same fabric and this time, didn't stuff it up lol.

just in case you are interested in the sites where I found the patterns, both free.
https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/the-buc...g-pattern/
https://www.byannie.com/patterns

I'm popping in to see my sister this morning, she is still unwell after tripping over while camping. I'll take one of the hats for her god daughter and some roses from the garden. And I need to dig some iris' out as my sister-in-law has asked for some for her garden and we will be seeing her tomorrow. They have finished flowering so a good time to lift some for her. I hope we remember to return her books we borrowed this time lol.

I'm almost there with Christmas shopping, a couple more things for our grandies and our son and I'm done. The pot plant I bought as a gift is surviving on the windowsill in the kitchen. I really like it lol so I suspect it may just stay there and I'll have to buy something else.

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning Everyone

Ohh thats good re the O ring Kiwimade.. I dont get so much moister in the windows in this house, so the karcher is seldom used but Id never part with it thats for sure.

Ive been thinking about a steam mop for the tiles here they do such a good job.

Love the bags and hats Kiwimade, I love personally made presents, they mean so much more.

I finished the blanket yesterday and Im very pleased with it.. Ill have to figure out how to do the pictures later. Im probably going to nip up to the lab and take it to the mum to be. If I manage to beat the lawn guy arriving lol.. Ill do my blood cos last night it wouldnt stop when I did my blood sugar prick and insulin. So a week early but Id rather catch Donna than miss her if she finishes working early cos of the heat.

So today I can make a start on my fairy Sticks and some beaded candy canes for a friends Christmas present. Im going to have to think of something else too cos Ive ordered two lots of the same thing from Alliexpress starting in August and neither have arrived yet.

i love playing with pretty colours and will try to do random, thats not easy for my mind lol.

Have a fab day everyone... its going to be hot
Morning all
Nice day here again.
KM great hatss and good looking pouches thanks for sharing the patterns.
I will look forward to seeing your blanket Popeye.
Had nice stroll around town yesterday after appts I was good and kept my card in my wallet.
Finished the masks for DIL mother so will pop them in the post on my way to The Nest Collective this morning.
Knitted half the cardi band last night so should finish that off tonight.
See your signature KM must have a go later too copycat me lol
Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
morning ladies Smile Wow we had some thick fog this morning but it has gone already.

lol mica, I love your signature lol. Nothing wrong with 'copying' lol, the feature is here to be used!

Can't wait to see your blanket, popeye Smile

It's a busy day today as we are meeting with MrK's family to put the remainder of his sister in the wall at the crematorium. I'll pick some 'Loving Memory' roses to take with us.

Yesterday I finished sewing all the bucket hats and my sister has another one for her God daughter and there are two each for our grandies. I also quilted the fabric for her bag to go with her Christmas present so I can do the cutting out and sewing tomorrow. I think then, I have pretty much worked through my Christmas sewing list so I can finally work on my tui. My goodness, the bedroom where I sew is a mess lol.

Gotta get cracking, have a lot to get through today.

happy crafting Smile
Morning all
A bit breezy here today,
Busy at the The Nest Collective yesterday so many lovely donations
Very tired yesterday so no sewing or knitting, did catch up on emails and other stuff that needed doing in the office
Meeting a friend for coffee this morning and I hope to sew DIL xmas pressie this afternoon. Just have DSIL present to go and thats the family finished
Made relish yesterday need to do another batch then some apricot jam once wrapped that is another lot of Xmas gifts for friends done
Have a good day everyone
The roses are spectacular at the moment. I planted cuttings of Sally Holmes and Wedding Day together about three years ago and this year they are really reaching perfection. Between them crowding the front garden under the kitchen window, and the lilies in the little garden under the lounge window I am wrapped in heavenly perfume. And the wildflower seed is starting to germinate under the peach tree. I love seeing what comes up from the scattered possibilities!

It is going to be another lovely day.
Morning everyone

Another stunner of a day. yesterday was beautiful and Ugly lol.

Wasn't a good day cos MrP is at it again... doesn't want me to call or visit... truth is he is scared and pushing me away.

My fave rose is Iceberg, but Im not good with roses so will stick to my geraniums.. I pretty much like all white flowers, the total opposite of Mum she hated white anything really lol

I made the Fairy sticks but as I couldn't find a small paintbrush here I was thinking this morning a small ribbon Bow would look good and hide the glue well, so will have a tutu later.

Wow and interesting day in Politics lol...

Ill post pics on fb and then try and figure out how to do it on here later.

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile A foggy start to the day but perfect for doing the windows. I'll make a start on them shortly.

It sure has been an interesting few days of politics, popeye.

I remember planting those mixed seeds a few years ago, oh_hunihuni, they were stunning. You've certainly planted two 'beasts' of roses together lol but I know they will look lovely together. I grew Wedding Day and Mermaid (a bit** of a rose lol) together when we lived in town and they went nuts climbing through a massive maple tree. Some of my roses have almost finished their first flush but omg... Albertine <3 *sigh* what a performance this summer. It's such a shame she only flowers once but at least it is for a decent amount of time. This summer she will be four years old and is coming into her prime. I think it takes a few years for new roses to really shine.

We had a lovely day yesterday with MrK's sisters as we put the rest of his youngest sister's remains in the crematorium wall. We shared more happy memories with her and went out for lunch. It was really hot though, especially while wearing a mask.

So no sewing of any kind for me yesterday. When the day heats up later I should be able to sew.

Coffee is finished and so is the washing machine. Time to move if I am going to make the most of the dull morning to clean windows. Thank goodness for my Karcher window vacum, it makes quick work of the job and uses very little water.

happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Warm but bit of cloud about breeze still stiff.

Had nice catch up with friend yesterday then unexpected visitors in the afternoon so no sewing did get cardi finished and it looks good. I hope that the cotton yarn holds its shape.
I might get to the sewing cave today well thats the plan.
We have DD small k9 staying overnight so that he can get a walk with ours this morning before he goes back home
Got to start planning my Xmas cooking, fruit min e, relishes and jams. Have ordered some more jars they should get here Monday
Have a great day
Morning everyone

Looks like we have another stunner of a day coming up.

I ended up spoiling myself yesterday.. Mitre10 had steam mops in their Black Friday sale so I did my first click and collect, lol and being typical for me I never got the email etc.. anyway I got it in the afternoon. I also went to spot light and got some new towels and flannels for the big bathroom..

I've decided its time to make this place Mine.. So I will take anything that is MrPs and put it in his bedroom... And pretty up the bathroom. I only use it for the shower and drying clothes, so I can make it look nice. The rest of my stuff is in my en-suite. I got $42 worth for $20 so was worth the trip.

But ohh what a time for the fan in my car to throw a hissy, Im going to talk to the guy who lives a couple of doors away, he does mechanics, I think its either a fuse or a knocked wire, cos its sporadic, and has been so since the garage fixed the horn. So I had to have the windows open and copped a face full or privet pollen. arghhh lol.

At 9 am ish I lose the landline, and Im actually pleased about it now. It was costing way to much for way tooo long.

I made fairy sticks, candy canes and book marks yesterday and totally enjoyed it. Tying ribbon around the glued part worked a treat. I also looked at paint brushes in spotlight.. the cheapest was $8 lol so Im glad the ribbon worked and Ill get some cheap ones in the $2 type shops next time Im there lol.

Kiwimade did Sunflowers contact you on FB? She's wanting to find us here. I gave her the link but I dont think she knows how to sign up.

Housework for me

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile Another gorgeous day here by the looks of it Smile

No, popeye, sunflowers hasn't been in touch. In saying that, I'll check Messenger again. Good idea to make your house 'yours' now. Sadly, MrP won't be coming home now. We have no regrets loosing the landline. No point paying for a mobile as well as a landline. MrK has finally got used to not having it and admits it is much better. And on the upside, no scammers lol.

Yesterday I sewed a quilted bag for my sister, finished it, fluffed it out, only to discover I had put the sides in wrong and the corners were wonky lol. I can laugh now but omg it literally took ages to unpick. All the biais binding had to come out and then me being me, had sewed three rows around the edges to make it stronger lol. I wanted to throw it into a corner and never see it again. But it's all pinned again and ready for sewing today. While I was unpicking I thought I'd go the whole hog and unpick my first attempt which I had mucked up and have that one all pinned ready to go as well.

Today I have a lady visiting the garden as she wants pink roses for a cake she is making. I have a few of those lol so she can take her pick (literally lol). I'm thinking Albertine although she may no last that long on a cake or Valentine Heart might be another good one with smallish flowers. It's a pity Claude Monet is sulking, he obviously didn't like being moved even though he had the Furry One's prized possum buried under him. But she can have a nosey round and decide if any are good enough. She's offered to pay for them but I'm happy to give them away. I give bunches away regularly anyway.

I think my sister may call in this afternoon as she is back camping this weekend. Hopefully her face is healing quickly from her face plant last weekend.

The Furry One is bashing my leg with his tug rope. I can take a hint, it's time to play. He has me well trained.

Happy crafting Smile
Good morning everyone

Another stunner on the agenda today.. Ill haven to water my plants later its been a few days without rain.
Speaking of that I dug out the hose MrP Had to have, one of those ones that stretch and shrink, and will be able to use it, rather then it being in the wardrobe, unused. the old ones are really had it now.

The rubbish in the bathroom was everywhere other than in the rubbish bin, the little packets from the steradent tablets were in drawers etc.. I still have to do the floors but now the new towels are dry and Ive put some Blue accents in there Ill be happy.
Packed up all the phone and old modem bits and that made even more space on the breakfast bar. Like how that looks now too.
No crafting for me yesterday but that's ok... I decided this morning instead of using a pillowcase to cover the fan Ill make a cover from all my odd bits of gingham. Red and white if possible.. but maybe just the front and the back could be plain.

The home rang yesterday to tell me what time MrPs appointment down at the med centre was, I stopped them in their tracks and said its up to them to take him. He doesn't want to talk to or see me so I wont be doing anything until he has apologised.. They weren't happy but understand.. So they have booked a taxi and will be paying for it. I know if I was there he would simply bitch and moan the whole time. He wanted it this way so he can have it. lol

Have a fab day everyone
Morning all
Overcast here and more rain expected

Oh KM frog stitching takes so long especially when you have sewn it to be robust. Your roses sound lovely.

Popeye sounds like you are making your house suit your needs which is how it should be.

Got the tshirt sewn yesterday and made a double pocket wet bag for DD I plan on making a some singles today which can be part of her Xmas gift.
Then it will be some sewing for ME. I have some quilting plans still multi g over in my head but probably will get the materials sorted before Xmas break so that I can do it in the New Year.

My bobbin will be spinning today
morning ladies Smile Another stunning day on the cards I think. I have a corner of the garden to work in this morning so will get cracking with that shortly.

Stand your ground, popeye. MrP will soon figure out you won't be spoken to like that.

Good idea, mica, to get your materials together before Christmas. Who knows what's going to happen over the next few weeks and even if we can buy all of what we need. I tend to buy things we need when I see it now.

I sent sunflowers a message but have had no reply. Popeye, have you heard from her?

The lady came and took big canes of Albertine for her cake. She is starting a cake making business and had an order for today. Albertine buds will look gorgeous on it.

Yesterday I sewed the two bags I had pinned and only need to hand stitch the bias binding down on one. I can finally wrap my sister's Christmas gift and a few others. Today I'll sew a few more masks, I have some Christmas fabric so will use that for a couple. And I've found a caddy thing I can sew using more Christmas fabric I can use as gift wrap for a small pot plant we are gifting.

I must print MrK's Coid pass out for him, will do that today as well. Will print out the caddy pattern at the same time.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all

Another overcast damp day here.

Made 2 more wet bags yesterday and then wasted lots of time trying g to sort out why my pdf sewing pattern wasn't showing layers grr.. Finally renamed and sa ed the doc and the layers showed up goodness knows how that worked but I got pattern printed off in DSIL size so plan on cutting out today.

Had both DD dogs for the afternoon so lots of wet paws so floors will need washing today after my gym session..

Hope to get some jam made this morning too

Have a good day everyone
Morning Everyone

Another warm start to the day.

I need to chase up the lawn guy and see if he is actually going to come and do the lawn.

I stuck to my guns, the home rang again yesterday and MrP wanted me to pick him up. I said no a taxi had already been arranged... I have no intention of doing anything for him until I get an apology. And even then I wont be taking him anywhere in the car cos I know he would want me to bring him home. And he would get sh*tty and grab the steering wheel. So that wont be happening. And I have no intention of going with him on Monday either.

I decided to go to the recycle centre on my way to the supermarket yesterday and I found a huge red , very thick flat sheet and two more red pillowcases.. Its joust all the right timing. Got it for $5.. so I've washed them and Ill finally be able to have a perfect bed.. It would be really cool if I could paint the furniture but One shouldn't paint rimu and the dressing table could be painted but has a brown Formica top.

I bet the lady who wanted the roses was wrapped Kiwimade.. I get alot of pleasure just being able to see my humble geraniums. The last rescue is a very strong looking plant but still no buds.

Actually I think I will try and get my printer working too. Ive had it for ages and its still wrapped in the sealed plastic. I dont think I will need my pass but will print it out anyway.

Yeah thats what I will do today...

No I havent seen Sunflowers since either kiwimade.. Ill message her again too

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile A lovely cool start to the day so far. I'll go and mow the lawn shortly and make the most of it.

Two summers ago I built a garden and got rid of a lottttt of concrete fill the previous house owner had used to try and make a fish pond and a wall. The concrete was from the driveway she had moved away from the main road (made sense, was really dangerous where it was). Now it's the other side of the garden's turn. I have FINALLY convinced MrK the wobbly bits of concrete spread out for seating and used for heaven knows what are dangerous and need to go. I'll do the same as I did with the other garden, pick away at it over time and put half (maybe more) into garden and the rest into lawn. The last garden needed a digger for the final bits lol but I don't think this side will be so bad. There are no massive shrubs to be pulled out this time and no concrete buried in the soil. And when that is done I will have down one side of the house to do and the gardens will be 'done'. As if they are ever done lol but you know what I mean. I'm so excited to get this part done, it's taken 10 years to get this far. And most of that time was convincing MrK things had to change, that we couldn't live with massive amounts of concrete fill on either side of the property. So you can guess what this summer's 'project' is lol.

Yesterday I tidied my sewing away but I may have been too quick in doing that lol. I've dug out some Christmas fabric to sew a caddy as Christmas wrap for a plant. I must get on with my tui, it's sitting there waiting for me. Will get the Christmas sewing out of the way first.

Time to mow the lawn, love living rural Big Grin

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Misty rain here so no k9 walks just yet they don't. Ike getting wet and neither do I.

KM your garden plans sound good

Got shorts cut out and half sewn will finish them today. Knitting a vest in the cotton yarn left over from the cardi.
Made a batch apricot jam too slowly getting stuff done.
Got meeting with neighbour today she wants to change the fence that will be interesting

Coffee finished document that needs editing calling from the office.

Have a good day