Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Good morning everyone

We had a little rain overnight, could tell by the heat but opening the curtains confirmed it.

Ohh the lawns look awesome again. Two young men came and one weed ate while the other mowed. It took them 1.5 hours cos it was long but they caught it. They certainly earnt their money, I just wish I could have paid them more.

Oh my goodness Rudd Klienplasta ( Guessing the spelling) the bug man is on. He doesnt look any older than he did 20 plus years ago lol

Had a full day of secretarial work yesterday.. But none of it was too heavy. Got the printer connected up and printed off my vaccine pass. Not that Ill be going anywhere that I would need it lol.. Laminated it as well.

I talked to MrP and he was still a little testy, but will come around. Ill be dropping off some more munchies for him later.

I have to pop up for my pills and drop some stuff off at the oppy, after a wardrobe thin out.

I will be looking later for my double sided tape. One of the pillowcases I got on Sunday has a tiny wee hole, looks like a burn, but the back of the case is white so it really stands out, and will with the pillow in it. So I thought I could take a wee bit of the folded over bit and "Stick" it on the inside to block the hole.

Right I better stop rambling and get myself sorted out

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile Look at us lol, over 100 posts already! It's a bit overcast this morning but omg that rain yesterday was welcome. It was just perfect for the garden, light and constant.

Yesterday was a pottering about type day tidying up and finishing off those odd jobs that needed doing. I managed to mow the lawn before the rain set in so was quite chuffed about that and I did sew a caddy type thing to use as wrapping for the pot plant. Still no work on my tui yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152761097@...149659363/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152761097@...149659363/

Today we are dog sitting the Fluffy One while my sister is in an all day meeting, no dogs allowed. And my sister-in-law and friend could be calling in this afternoon with their dogs too. This could be fun lol. And I need to dead head the roses and tie a couple of my climbers back. There's also a big pile of weeds that need to be binned now that the bins have been emptied. I also have to call the farmer behind us and see if he could use any of the concrete I'm getting rid of. Last time he took some to stabilise part of the creek that runs between our properties. If he doesn't need it I'll advertise it as clean fill and if the worst comes to the worst, dump it.

Fingers crossed, I can start the tui!

happy craftingSmile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning all
Sunny here
Just back from gym trainer a mean she is lovely but makes me work hard.

KM love the fabric containers awesome gifts

Made myself tunic top yesterday using a rayon spandex knit fabric a very quick sew less than a hour.
DD coming for lunch today so I need to hit the shower and run a couple of errands.
Going to rummage through my woven fabric stash to try out a dress pattern which if it turns out will be my xmas dress. We will see.

Have a good day everyone
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

We had about 3 minutes of a light sprinkle yesterday and that was it, at about4pmish I think it was lol. The grasw is browning up so quickly. Both heat and a blardy good haircut lol.

I did what I needed to do up the street yesterday, and didnt discover until last night one of my pills wasnt in the bag, had to be the warfarin lol so Ill ring them later.

Ill be on a mission shortly. I am pretty sure I have a rainbow blanket in one of the crates , that never got sold and I know of another baby coming next year. No gender yet.

I need to find some inspiration to make something.. In a bit of a flat spot craft wise.. Although I do have a purple blanket to make, I might look and see what I have in the pantries ..

Have a fab day everyone
Hi All, I saw earlier that some in this forum category were working around the lack of being able to post images here. I raised the matter with king1 who has now enabled image embedding in the Craft & Hobbies category so now you have no excuses for not showing off your latest project, and threads will be far more decorative as a result.

Instructions for embedding images can be found HERE. Enjoy  Big Grin
morning ladies [Image: smile.png] Thank you harm_less! That was very kind of you to organise for us to post actual photos and not links. I'll have a tutu later and see how it all works [Image: smile.png]

I'm up early this morning as I want to make a start on moving the concrete fill. Our nieghbour has said he will take it to help stabilise the creek so all I have to do is put it in a pile and he will bring the tractor down to move it. Some of the pieces are quite big and heavy so I'll need MrK's sledgehammer I think. But this isn't my first rodeo lol, there were big pieces in the last garden I worked on too.

No sewing or crafting for me yesterday as we had visitors off and on for most of the day. The Furry One was one happy dog with all the dogs coming and going lol but exhausted by the end of the day lol.

Time to get cracking before the day heats up and it's too hot to lug concrete fill around.

Happy crafting [Image: smile.png]

Oohhh I figured it out lol.  Here's a pic of the concrete that has to go.  It's much less than the first garden thank goodness Smile
Morning all
Another sunny day enjoying cuppa in bed while I plan my day.
Thank you harm_less for info to post photos will have a go later.
KM thats a heavy job you have ahead of you but well worth it I think. Lovely colourful flowers.
No sewing yesterday a day of visitors maybe this afternoon.
Off to the Nest this morning.
Time to get up have a good day
Morning everyone

I too will have a gander later thanks Harm_less..

Its wet and Very warm and humid this morning.. Not looking forward to going out cos the fan isn't working and it might be too wet to have the windows down..

Glad you have a use for the concrete Kiwimade, keeps it out of the land in a Good way in the land lol.

Visitors,,, what are they ? lol... Its been sooo long since anyone has actually been in the house. lol.. Ive had a few short chats at the door when people have pick stuff up lol.

I checked my wool yesterday and I have more purple than I thought I had.. Im going to do squares with white to make the purples pop. Have to think about how I want the colours structured in the squares tho. Will get that all out later and figure out how I want it. I know I want slightly larger squares and not as many colour changes.

Right I best get myself moving.

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile  Bright and early for me this morning as I'm going to move more concrete before the day warms up.  I have quite a pile already.  It's heavy but the sack barrow makes a huge difference.  And I'll take to some of it with the sledgehammer.

My sister and the Fluffy One are coming today and staying while her car has a WoF.  It was overdue thanks to lockdown.  The Furry One will be a happy dog although they don't seem to be haring around as much as they used to.

Yesterday I semi prepared another quilted bag as through family discussions, it seems one of my sisters-in-law will be missing out on a Christmas pressie and we can't have that lol.  I need to buy another zip so will do that when in town picking my sister  up from the garage.

Suns up and it's not quite so dark so time to get cracking outside.

happy crafting  Big Grin
I love those poppies...
Morning everyone

Going to be another warm one, its overcast. We didn't get any rain yesterday.

I was very good and didnt go to the oppy yesterday. I would only find something I didnt know I needed lol..

Have fun bashing up the concrete Kiwimade, long time since I have done anything like that but hard work was always good for taking out frustrations lol.

Last night I couldnt beleive my eyes. Its been several months since I have done any diamond painting, and several vacuums too and there sitting in front of me on the floor was a sand coloured diamond lol... Maybe its a hint saying it needs some attention lol.

And shortly after my dinner , while eating some strawberries my hives flared up... about 40 years ago I had a massive flare up after Id spent the weekend at my friends parents strawberry farm, never had a flare up since, Until last night lol.. Locally grown strawberries too lol... So no more for me now, Im plastered in Calamine lotion lol.

Have a fab day everyone
Morning all
Rain over night cloudy and warm
Busy day yesterday , attended friends funeral remotely in the afternoon.
Too tired to knit last night so had early night with a book.
Food hunting this morning and hopefully sometime in the sewing cave later.
Must have a play with photos but will need to be on laptop to do that
Coffee finished off to the supermarket
Have a good day
I'm having a wee break.  It started getting hot outside so I've started on housework.  I'll sleep well tonight lol.

oh_hunni_hunni, I love the poppies too.  They cross pollinated last summer and this is the result Heart  When they seed, I can send you some if you like.  The garden is going to be behind the poppies so they will have to 'go' but I'll wait until they are ready for seeding and keep some back.
(01-12-2021, 11:30 AM)C$harm_less Wrote: Hi All, I saw earlier that some in this forum category were working around the lack of being able to post images here. I raised the matter with king1 who has now enabled image embedding in the Craft & Hobbies category so now you have no excuses for not showing off your latest project, and threads will be far more decorative as a result.

Does this work using an iPad please
(03-12-2021, 07:42 AM)JanW Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 11:30 AM)C$harm_less Wrote: Hi All, I saw earlier that some in this forum category were working around the lack of being able to post images here. I raised the matter with king1 who has now enabled image embedding in the Craft & Hobbies category so now you have no excuses for not showing off your latest project, and threads will be far more decorative as a result.

Does this work using an iPad please
I wouldn't think so as ipads don't have a user accessible file system, maybe try it, just in case.

For attachments to work you would need to be able to directly access the photo on the device, as against looking at it in an app - it's one of the downsides of using a locked down device. 

If it's a no go best option is to continue using the existing method of linking from flickr or elsewhere. HTH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-12-2021, 07:38 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: I'm having a wee break.  It started getting hot outside so I've started on housework.  I'll sleep well tonight lol.

oh_hunni_hunni, I love the poppies too.  They cross pollinated last summer and this is the result Heart  When they seed, I can send you some if you like.  The garden is going to be behind the poppies so they will have to 'go' but I'll wait until they are ready for seeding and keep some back.
My wildflower seed is germinating now so I am intrigued to see if there are any in that mix. I know I have californians, and icelands from my own seed but there maybe some paeony poppies in there as well. They are a gorgeous thing. Such delicate silky petals.
morning ladies Smile We're in for a showery day today so I don't have to be out in the garden quite so early this morning.  A good thing about moving this concrete early in the morning is I'm not working around the bees.  They love the lavender, roses and poppies but don't like me knocking the flowers around as I work.

I hope those of you in Auckland are enjoying your time out and about.  We can finally visit or have family visit us from Auckland now.

Yesterday I was wrapping the quilt I sewed for my sister's Christmas pressie and found a place where I had missed sewing the binding over the edge of the quilt.  It was only a tiny spot but it could have unraveled.  So I unpicked it and resewed it.  Luckily it was an easy fix.  And I thought I had done the quality control.  It's all wrapped now, ready to be given away.

Today I need to buy a zip so I can finish the quilted bag.  And I'm pretty sure that will be the last of my Christmas sewing done and dusted.

Time is marching on and the rain clouds look like they are getting closer to rain.  Better move or my early start will be a dead duck.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Raining some heavy overnight so a damp day here.
Good save KM before wrapping.

Cut out my dress toike yesterday with any luck it will be wearable.
Had nice dinner at friends last night.
Not good this morning woken up with sore throat and headache so off for a test when they open later this morning. So will need to cancel my weekend social activities while I wait for results.
So no sewing today
Have a good day
Morning everyone

Overcast here but no rain as yet. I think compared to other places I have lived Waiuku gets the least rain.

Still cant leave Auckland to visit yet Kiwimade, Not until the 15th ...

I bit the bullet yesterday and told my friend Im a bit scared about having people visit and come in the house, so Ive asked that she makes sure she wears her mask and stays home a few days before she comes up. but I know Im still going to be worried.

Had a flat battery yesterday so read the paper and that was about it.. Feel better this morning tho.

Had to field calls and texts from idiots tho. They drive me bonkers. The dr has prescribed the very cream Ive asked them not to use on MrPs legs. I got texts from the chemist and hospital and I had to contact them and tell them to ring the rest home, Im not in control of his medical care etc now.

No craft, but I was thinking overnight I know a lady here who does blankets all the time so Ill look through her photos on FB for some inspiration. The one she has just completed I have done one in the same style already.

Have to pop up and get more supplies for MrP man he is eating through a lot of liquorice. lol. He reckons it doesn't affect him, then in another breath tells me he had an accident. Glad I dont have to clean it up.

Have a fab day everyone

I've done my dash with concrete for the morning and can't get into the kitchen to do dishes as MrK is 'creating'.  So I'm here expecting  an even bigger mess shortly lol.

Fingers and everything crossed for a negative test, mica.