Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Morning everyone

Going to be another super hot one today.

I admit I dont miss the garden I had, cos Im liking the simple look out back now. But I moved my african violet that stopped flowering and low and behold i have a new flower. Didnt like the toilet but loves the bathroom lol.

No painting for me yesterday, I went and got groceries. Put 50 ish meals of meat in the freezer, and man I was tired by the end of it.. but it makes me feel very secure. I am considering ducking back over today, as some of the specials are very good. Im thinking on it at the mo.

I have to go to see MrP today. He was still sore last night, but they have booked him in for another round on Tuesday. So I might spoil him with maccas. He hasnt had it for sooo long.

The privet is flowering up here, along with the cabbage trees so its nasty, and with the fan on the car not working it means I have to have my windows open or cook.. So its not pleasant. but if I go over today I wont have to go again .

Have a fab day everyone

To brighten your day  Angel  From the garden today (and to prove I grow more than just roses Tongue )
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
(09-12-2021, 09:21 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: To brighten your day  Angel  From the garden today (and to prove I grow more than just roses Tongue )
Simply stunning
morning ladies Smile  Another hot, sticky, day ahead of us today.  Yesterday was too hot even to stitch, my hands kept getting sweaty so I gave up for the day.

oh_hunihuni, I like your idea of rescuing the plants from the compost bin.  Seems silly to throw them out so early.  My sister lives in a retirement village and there is a long list of names for the use of the community gardens.  They only get to use them for a year then have to let someone else have a turn.

I finished the concrete edging yesterday morning and planted the dahlias.  While pottering about, I weeded a bit as well.

Now for the concrete to be taken away so I can work on the fill underneath it all.  MrK suggested I redo an edging around another part of the garden to 'smooth it all out'.  Funny how he suggests  I do it and not him.  Rolleyes

Today is housework and if it's not too hot, will work on my tui again.  I think I'll have to unpick a kowhai flower as it just doesn't look right.  The shape is all out of kilter.   Oh well, it is what it is.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
Overcast here but not cold.

KM what a huge job makes me tired looking at what you have done.

Did my volunteer stint yesterday that sucked up all my energy. Hate being below par.
Nothing planned for today other than getting few essential groceries.
Might wrap some Xmas pressies to put under the tree.
Have a good day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Looks like its going to be another scorcher of a day.

I ended up nipping back to Pukekohe yesterday, only going to 3 places and it was sooo hard in the car without the fan. I said to MrP, I can understand how it must be for animals that have been left in cars.

I had a little time to kill before I could see MrP so I went into the Junktion recycle centre. They have a half price sale on everything so managed to get a queen sheet, red of course, and a near new kettle for the princely sum of $5 and they threw in a yoghurt cookbook too.

Saw MrP and I didnt have to wear the Pep gear, which was awesome cos I was dreading it. He was in a good mood. And the iron has given him some colour in his face again...

I have to put the secretary hat on this morning and then Im going to paint..

Im over summer, it was 28 in here yesterday.

Have a fab day everyone
If you liked the compost bin story, you'll love the one about another neighbour, also a good gardener, but one who has issues with success. As soon as her roses or hydrangeas reach peak performance she cuts them back and destroys their loveliness. The rest of us wait with bated breath for that day the plants get executed...

We do have some mad people in our village, lol!

Me included I suspect. Yesterday I did a good trim around the place. Today I am munching panadol and swearing a lot. But I did get a lot done, so it was worth it.
Good morning - this heat is getting to me - yesterday my hair felt so heavy I tied it in a pony tail flipped it over me head and cut eight inches off - did it by feel so when I saw the pile of hair on the floor thought it might have been above my ears - it’s not thank goodness it’s just below chin level but it’s so much cooler - my sons face was a picture when he came to drop my groceries off - asparagus is lovely this season
Proud of my grandkids they both have already started their holiday jobs I used to worry they would feel entitled because their parents owned a business
Will you have Xmas dinner with Mr P in the home Popeye - they usually do a really good job to make those who can’t go home special
I had a beautiful garden at the orchard - it was the old Wattie property so a lot of it was well established so was very easy and pleasurable to extend it - was sad to see a couple of years ago one of the corporate growers had bought it and 4 neighboring orchards - the garden was completely gone - and all the original plum trees that produced the most amazing black Doris and omega plums - was sad to think James Wattie planted them so long ago and they were still productive but were planted too far apart for maximum return on corporate land
Well better get cracking while the temperature isn’t too bad
I googled my first home a few years back. Some bastard had cut down the massive beech tree in the front. Made me cry, that did.

Rotten sod.
(10-12-2021, 09:07 AM)JanW Wrote: Good morning - this heat is getting to me - yesterday my hair felt so heavy I tied it in a pony tail flipped it over me head and cut eight inches off - did it by feel so when I saw the pile of hair on the floor thought it might have been above my ears - it’s not thank goodness it’s just below chin level but it’s so much cooler - my sons face was a picture when he came to drop my groceries off - asparagus is lovely this season
Proud of my grandkids they both have already started their holiday jobs I used to worry they would feel entitled because their parents owned a business
Will you have Xmas dinner with Mr P in the home Popeye - they usually do a really good job to make those who can’t go home special
I had a beautiful garden at the orchard - it was the old Wattie property so a lot of it was well established so was very easy and pleasurable to extend it - was sad to see a couple of years ago one of the corporate growers had bought it and 4 neighboring orchards - the garden was completely gone - and all the original plum trees that produced the most amazing black Doris and omega plums - was sad to think James Wattie planted them so long ago and they were still productive but were planted too far apart for maximum return on corporate land
Well better get cracking while the temperature isn’t too bad
Yep Im going to go up to the home Jan.. I must tell them actually lol.
Bug 
morning ladies Smile  I'm up early again so I can get outside and weed before the heat kicks in.  I've tried gardening in the evening but it is still too hot and sticky so mornings it is.

omgg oh_hunnihunni, why on earth would she do that?  I pick roses but never all of them at once.  Why bother even growing them, seems a waste of time.  Usually I pick the first two flushes and leave the third to hip as by then I am over the dead heading lol.  Takes all sorts I suppose and I guess there is a little teeeeeny tiny bit of us that's weird   Tongue

A friend bought some some tulip bulbs for herself, my sisters-in-law and  me from the Rotorua Council for 10 cents a bulb.  The council workers lift the bulbs and rather than throw them out sell them to the public cheap.  She has no idea what colours they are as she bought 100 of them but put them all into the same bag.  I don't care what colours they are, they are going into a pot anyway.  Love mystery plants lol.  

Jan, 8 inches of hair!  I bet you felt better for it.  And I could imagine your son's face lol.  MrK is enjoying the asparagus this season too.  I don't like the stuff so he has it all to himself.  Our kids love it and would eat it by the kilo when I could buy it direct from the grower.

I unpicked the kowhai in my embroidery yesterday but that was about it.  My hands just kept becoming sweaty even with constant washing.  So I flagged it for the day and went back to my book in the afternoon.  'The Orphan Master's Son' is quite a sad story about North Korea.  It's fiction but has a real ring of sadness about it.

Time to move before the morning becomes too hot to be outside.

Happy crafting Smile
Social housing is full of broken people kiwimade as well as those of us with limited financial means, which makes for interesting neighbours. The stories are quite fascinating, and show quite clearly how life can put quite literally anyone into dire straits in very short spaces of time. Relationship break ups or deaths, illness, family issues, addictions, mental health problems, multiple divorces, being ripped off, abandoned, made poor choices - novels could be written based on some life stories I have heard. But we are actually the lucky ones, we have pretty safe secure hones. An awful lot of people simply don't, or are enduring terrible lives just to keep the roof over their heads.

We really don't know how lucky we are.
time for a break Smile The hose is on the garden, thank goodness for a bore. And the mulch has been well worth the effort over autum. I only have to water once a fortnight. I was sitting under a tree sorting some dutch iris bulbs I have lifted and two waxeyes were bathing in the wet leaves of a tree I had the hose on. They would flit between the leaves, get wet, have a preen, then hop away and wait for the hose to come back to the tree and do the whole thing all over again.

Oh_hunnihunni, you are so right. There by the grace of God go I as the saying goes. We almost lost everything when our business went under years ago. I don't think we have fully recovered financially but we at least managed to keep our home by the skin of our teeth. If the IRD hadn't come to our rescue (yep, the IRD!), we would have lost the lot.

A couple of years ago I drove by our old home and cried. She had ripped out all the garden. If she didn't want it, why didn't she tell me and I could have dug out the roses and other plants. They say you shouldn't go back an now I know why.

Kettle's boiled, time a a cuppa and then maybe get this weeding finished. Will see how hot the day becomes. Smile
Morning everyone

I hate summer lol... We got to 28 yesterday inside. I need to turn the thermometer around and ignore it now, cos its doing my head in.
It does feel a little cooler at the mo.

Wow Jan 8 inches of hair.. Mind you I could cut that off mine and it would still be fairly long. Its to my butt now. But I have super fine hair and not much of it, thanks menopause and Warfarin lol. I wear it up all the time.

I can hear my stepfather now about the roses Hunihunni... He loved them too.

Yep it takes all sorts to make a community. We have lived in a couple of places that are pretty much called Depressed areas, but when something happens to one person the community draws close. When my Stepfather died we had people coming to our door with food and money etc, none of who we knew, but they knew Jimmy. And when our Policeman was murdered the town was very Tight. Id go back there in a flash if MrPs sons weren't living there.

No craft for me yesterday, but I plan on painting today. Ive had 3 busy days in a row and my feet need to go up and stay up. The good thing is I drink plenty but you gotta get rid of it somehow lol.

Still no flowers on my 3rd geranium rescue... Just as well Im patient lol.

Have a fab day everyone and stay cool and hydrated.
Morning all
Overcast with dampness in the air here

Having a slow start to the day, energy levels still low but so great having a full nights sleep without coughing.
We love watching the wild life around us we see alot of tuis and fantails. We also put collars around our bigger trees so the cats couldnt climb into them and scare the birds. Unfortunately both those trees are gone they got diseased and despite spending a small fortune the arborists couldn't save them. We have replanted but they wont be big in out lifetime

Hoping to make some blackberry jam this morning - that will be it for the day.

Have a good day
Rainbow 
morning ladies Smile  It's a bit cooler this morning and it rained overnight.  Talk about Murphy's Law lol, just as I had watered the garden.  

Today I think I'll finish the weeding, never got that done yesterday as I ended up in town buying more hayfever meds.  My eyes were so sore and itchy thanks to the jasmine and Christmas lilies.  MrK has decided that a tree I don't like has to go.  I hadn't mentioned it for ages as he loves it but he's not the one weeding all the damed seedlings.  It's so invasive and if I miss a seedling it takes a lot of digging to get it out.  I think his sister may have had a hand in his decision so I must thank her.  So while he has the chainsaw out, I might suggest a bit of pruning for the climbing hydrangea Tongue 

Hopefully today will be a bit cooler so I can stitch more.  I really want to finish this tui and I've barely started.  But while there are other things to do, especially outside, it has had to wait.  

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all
More rain and bit cooler today

Got jam made yesterday so another job ticked off

Joining friends for brunch this morning and then will visit friend who live up the coast a bit afterwards
So a social day.
Tomorrow thought I might have a go at making some white fudge with cranberries and pistachios.

Have good day
Morning everyone

Sooo hot, it clouded over about 5pm last night with enough rain for me to smell it but not see it. Has rained more overnight tho.. So humid.

Kiwimade you can get hayfever meds from the dr , if your there. Saves a bit of money. I get a nasal spray and loritadine pills.
If there was something I wanted MrP to do, I would "plant the seed" with him and then let him mull things over. Then it became his idea to do exactly what I wanted done lol.. one time I didn't mind that he "stole" my idea lol.

He was back to his Im not staying here mode again yesterday. Told him I wasn't talking to him while he was like that. So I hung up. And didnt ring him last night.. Its close to 7 months and he still hasn't given in.. he's a stubborn bugger lol

I did alot of painting yesterday, getting close to 3/4rs done now. This one will be for MrPs room.. Then Ill start the second one for me..

Have a fab day everyone
Raining here now, just a soft but constant fall through the leaves of our plane trees. Inorganic collection tomorrow and the pile is starting to grow, so of course it rains all over those discards. Just as well I put all my old pillows into a big black garden bag, just in case.

The place is a mess as I fossicked around to find the last of the obsolete electronics for recycling yesterday, but it seemed silly to put it all back together before I took the opportunity for a bit of furniture moving. Always a good chance to get the dust bunnies herded up and a bit of wood polishing done.

Though I will confess, getting up to do that doesn't really appeal that much, so as it is Sunday, and a wet one, I might just put it off for another hour or two...
Morning all
Another overcast day here
While I feel better I am still not running at 100%. Totally knackered after my outings yesterday and no gym this morning.
It was nice to catch up with our friends though.
My sewing mojo is on a break no knitting either thats a concern to DH lol
So I am getting my fix from you ladies
Great that you have kerbside inorganic collection oh_hunnihunni not something we have here.
Have a good day