Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liz Gunn: absolute loony or new political party leader?
Have you watched her rant on YouTube? 

How does one transform from TV news presenter to a radically crazed anti-vax, Sharman-worshipping, wanna-be political party leader??? 

Your thoughts everyone?
(26-10-2021, 12:55 PM)Pips111 Wrote: Have you watched her rant on YouTube? 

How does one transform from TV news presenter to a radically crazed anti-vax, Sharman-worshipping, wanna-be political party leader??? 

Your thoughts everyone?

Loony tunes I suspect; it seems that this virus is causing some to become slightly unbalanced. I've only seen a bit of it not the entire thing but that was more than enough.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
No, won't watch. I prefer not to import dangerous looneyisms into my life. There is enough of the unavoidable already. Oh, and she has history, for those too young to remember.
Interesting that Liz Gunn did a story about the dangers of 5G on the 13th Floor website last year which was working up until the weekend, but has since been scrubbed - https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/politics-5g-...interview/

Why the "NZ source for Entertainment news with interviews, reviews, video sessions, film and theatre coverage and more!" felt like covering 5G is peculiar to say the least.

In summation, Liz Gunn is a nutter.
Maybe not in line with what I believe, but I don't call people nutters. Those who do diminish their own opinions, as they are unable to convince others that they are right without resorting to name-calling.
(28-10-2021, 02:44 PM)rpvr Wrote: Maybe not in line with what I believe, but I don't call people nutters. Those who do diminish their own opinions, as they are unable to convince others that they are right without resorting to name-calling.

Surely you must have come across people with views that seem so 'out there' you just can't take them seriously.  How would you describe them?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I was shocked to hear what she was saying. I mean, WTF. I won't repeat anything here, but it was seriously out of line, and just plain nutjob talk.

Didn't she used to front that morning magazine type programme with Mike Hosking, on tv, many moons ago?
(28-10-2021, 02:44 PM)rpvr Wrote: Maybe not in line with what I believe, but I don't call people nutters. Those who do diminish their own opinions, as they are unable to convince others that they are right without resorting to name-calling.

If that’s how you feel, that’s fine - I respect that. 

Are you aware that there is a mental health awareness radio show every Sunday night on NewstalkZB which was originally started by Mike King I believe, and it’s titled ‘The Nutters Club’.

So, in fact some people who experience mental health actually refer to themselves as ‘nutters’.

Q. What does nutter mean to you, and does it mean the same to me?

I'll let you ponder that.

I'm not trying to convince people that I am right. People are old enough to make up their own goddamn minds without some 120-year old upstart telling them how to think. It's just an opinion not looking for an audience. Don't forget that messageboards are a textual medium. People need to type words to describe how they feel about things, and Liz Gunn's opinion were so woefully out of step with reality, I had to go with the nutter perjorative. Happy to use another descriptor if that will make it better. Particularly fond of cuckoo-bananas.

Out of interest, have you ever rolled your eyes at something someone has said? Just a simple eye-roll. Harmless, isn't it? What are you saying with that eye-roll? You're not vocalising your thoughts, but you're insinuating something. Why is that eye-roll okay?

P.S. And yes, the secrets out, today I'm a 120 years old. Had quite the cake. It was one of those cakes you see on Extreme Cake Makeovers or whatever it's called, that have 40kg of fondant icing and working electrics for some reason. They then cut to people eating the three-day old plain sponge saying how it's the nicest cake they've ever eaten and you wonder have they ever eaten a cake before. Is this a new culinary experience? Have they been eating sand since childhood, and now they got the invite to the grand opening of Ted and Gary's Piano Parlour with its three-tonne life-sized replica of a Steinway.

P.P.S. I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere, and yes, I can see your eyes rolling.
I often call myself a crip. It is my right, earned and justified. It is a completely different thing to hear others use it against me.

It is all about intent.
(26-10-2021, 01:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(26-10-2021, 12:55 PM)Pips111 Wrote: Have you watched her rant on YouTube? 

Your thoughts everyone?

Loony tunes I suspect; it seems that this virus is causing some to become slightly unbalanced. I've only seen a bit of it not the entire thing but that was more than enough.
Slightly unbalanced? The rantings of another village idiot.
I had to take a second view of that as I thought surely she not the
same person who used to front on TV.

Maybe the day her that her kid locked her the closets & she was so late
for work they sent staff around to do welfare check on her.
Now the trauma is hitting or is she on the glass bowl her rant was
so left field
Nutter seems like a perfect description. Shes nuttier than squirrel shit.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye