Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you a stickler for the use of correct English?
I’m sick of people over-using the word ‘narrative’.
If you listen to the media regularly, you may have noticed this has become a clique for the past 6 months or so. I hear it daily. It’s very annoying. Almost in every instance in which it is being used, if they replaced it with the word ‘story’ (which is the definition) the sentence would sound stupid and out of context.
(01-11-2021, 01:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Then there's drive safe instead of safely - enough to give some of us the screaming ad dabs.
Ab dabs.

Hunni runs away giggling...
(01-11-2021, 02:32 PM)Pips111 Wrote: I’m sick of people over-using the word ‘narrative’.
If you listen to the media regularly, you may have noticed this has become a clique for the past 6 months or so.  I hear it daily.  It’s very annoying. Almost in every instance in which it is being used, if they replaced it with the word ‘story’ (which is the definition) the sentence would sound stupid and out of context.
I reckon alot of this crap language that we are seeing now, is down to the Kardashians. I used to watch them years ago, and found them fascinating. Now I just think they are all ridiculous. Wealthy, but still ridiculous. Anyways, I decided a few days ago, to tune in for a laugh, and what do I continually hear?? Yes, "narrative" at least a million times. "like" even more.

"like, the narrative is like..... blah blah blah.

I will never get that 5 minutes back again. lol
(01-11-2021, 04:00 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 02:32 PM)Pips111 Wrote: I’m sick of people over-using the word ‘narrative’.
If you listen to the media regularly, you may have noticed this has become a clique for the past 6 months or so.  I hear it daily.  It’s very annoying. Almost in every instance in which it is being used, if they replaced it with the word ‘story’ (which is the definition) the sentence would sound stupid and out of context.
I reckon alot of this crap language that we are seeing now, is down to the Kardashians. I used to watch them years ago, and found them fascinating. Now I just think they are all ridiculous. Wealthy, but still ridiculous. Anyways, I decided a few days ago, to tune in for a laugh, and what do I continually hear?? Yes, "narrative" at least a million times. "like" even more.

"like, the narrative is like..... blah blah blah.

I will never get that 5 minutes back again. lol
I've never watched them - well, apart from approximately ten seconds which told me they really were that bad.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)