Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching?
Checked Out The Banchees of Inisherin the other night. Pretty dark in places and our concensus was that it was a commentary on the politic state of Ireland during that period, 1923. Very thought provoking movie.

Australia Ocean Odyssey

Bull

Slow Horses

Dark / 1899

Katlya

McAfee
Muru & then Pieces of her previously, (now reading the book) & now The stranger.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Triangle of Sadness is an entertaining watch. Black comedy in which a group of very rich and entitled people have the tables turned on them. Woody Harrelson's character is hilarious.

I saw Quo Vadis, Aida the other day.

Its about the war in the former Yugoslavia so not an easy watch but brilliantly done, & picked up several awards.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/ja...na-duricic

(Trailer included in article.)
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Went and saw Avatar The Way of Water a few weeks ago in the new Queensgate Imax theater. Amazing theater, huge screen which almost felt like VR, sat in the big chairs that recline, sound was intense including subs beneath the seats.

The film itself was good, similar story to the first one but the underwater scenes are amazing. Towards the end those who have seen The Abyss and Titanic will have some serious dejavu. Did not feel like over 3 hours.

Also now watching The Last of Us - have not played the games so have no point of reference but so far pretty good.
Watched Incendies last night.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/ju...ilm-review

"From its arresting opening to its shattering conclusion, the Canadian film Incendies is muscular, emotional film-making of the highest order, self-confident in its delivery yet always respectful of its characters' plight.

Even as it deals with the tangled knots left by conflict, Villeneuve never seems deceptive with his storytelling. "War has a merciless logic," a former warlord tells Melissa, and this story powers to a climax some might find contrived but which left me reeling, as if whacked over the head with a hardback copy of a Dickens novel."

Definitely one of the more unusual movies I've seen. It jumps back & forth from time to time, covering Nawal's life but is easy to grasp & has an ending which is unpredictable & utterly stunning.
Everything went fine - a French movie about an elderly man whose life has become intolerable for him & wants it to end. Has a few interesting twists along the way, a beautifully done film with excellent acting.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/ju...sted-dying
Living - great acting

Slow horses Tv Series - loved it.

CB Strike - season 5. Two great actors, great series.

Fisherman's friend - Second film.
Having watched Clarkson's Farm S01 last year we have again enjoyed Jeremy's attempts at farming in season 2. We're not fans of his car antics but these series deal with the difficulties that UK farmers have in surviving financially in an entertaining but enlightening way. Enjoy!

Just watched Wind River. Wonderful stuff.
(07-03-2023, 01:47 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just watched Wind River. Wonderful stuff.

Its good, isn't it. Saw that a while back.

Last night I watched Moana on Te Ao, Maori TV & it was a tribute to Georgina Beyers & really interesting. She was one of a kind. Smile

https://www.maoritelevision.com/shows/te...-episode-2
Watched 1883...

Then onto 1923 

and now working our way through Yellowstone...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Last night's viewing was:

Highly recommended
Amusing follow up if your into Mel Brooks

Wellmania. On Netflix. Celeste Barber. Might be a bit female oriented for most men.

But, she is so brave...
Watched the first couple of episodes of the last night. Impressed. Dark comedy with a 'Groundhog Day' basis. (Contains sweary words and drug use references).

Or for a bit of light relief, Cunk on Earth

Sitting down to watch Rosaline

Endeavour - the British TV series