Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching?
Morse was always good, Endeavour is a good spin off...
Just begun re watching an old one, The good life. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
This looks interesting, a sequel TV series to the movie The Full Monty.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=625210879180023
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
If anyone has Amazon Prime, they are screening The Promise, a movie set in the Armenian Genocide. It is a stunner and worth every minute...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4776998/
We watched the movie Belfast last night, with Judi Dench as Granny & Ciarán Hinds as Pop intriguing to watch esp filmed in B & W
(23-08-2023, 11:04 AM)jackford Wrote: We watched the movie Belfast last night, with Judi Dench as Granny & Ciarán Hinds as Pop intriguing to watch esp  filmed in B & W

It was definitely an interesting movie, rather than run of the mill.
(23-08-2023, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(23-08-2023, 11:04 AM)jackford Wrote: We watched the movie Belfast last night, with Judi Dench as Granny & Ciarán Hinds as Pop intriguing to watch esp  filmed in B & W

It was definitely an interesting movie, rather than run of the mill.

Thought the opening where the camera panned up over the wall into the stark B & W street scene set the tone.
Watched Cry Macho last evening. Clint Eastwood &Natalia Traven providing the romantic interest.

Verdict average, though in saying that, @ age 91 Clint Eastwood still manages a reasonable performance.
Silverton Siege was the watch last evening. Based on the real life siege that took place in Silverton, Pretoria in 1980,

Without giving too much away, there were some parts which displayed prejudices openly. Also one could understand the frustrations, the main characters were attempting to achieve. Rating would give it an 7/10
I'm currently watching The chemistry of death - not usually keen on murder mystery type shows but so far this isn't bad.
I quite liked that, especially the last ones.

I binged Kin this weekend, Irish crime family drama, streaming on TVNZPlus and boy it was a good watch. I am sorry it ended..
(03-09-2023, 06:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I quite liked that, especially the last ones.

I binged Kin this weekend, Irish crime family drama, streaming on TVNZPlus and boy it was a good watch. I am sorry it ended..

I was just about to post this when I spotted your post! Smile Big Grin

Bugger. Somehow, I've got hooked on Kin, a drama about an Irish crime family. I was going to give it up as I was annoyed by director thinking shots at a distance & in silhoutte was a wondeful idea - but then I didn't & now I can't damn it, at least not till I finish the second series.

Then I may pick up Then you run which I'm also watching.
Just finished watching Pack of lies last night, a mini series of 5 episodes. A scammer who targets women gets his just desserts - eventually. Derek Jacobi popped up in it too which was good.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...mmer-drama
I've just finished watching Bad Sisters (Apple TV), a very black comedy which is Irish but has not a shamrock in sight let alone dancing and fiddle playing.     The scenery is great and the plot is preposterous but totally gripping.  You need to turn the sound up to get all of the dialogue but after a while it is easier and very worthwhile.
For fans of the John Wick movies this was a good watch

This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Currently glued to Malpractice on TV1, finishes this evening. Some really excellent acting, a very tense series one of the best I've seen recently.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...en-dangers

Also streaming the killing kind, about a lawyer who defends a stalker - & then becomes involved with him.
Presently watching Guilt - not that fussed, it seems a bit drawn out but have to watch the damn thing now to find out who murdered her.
Watched Allelujah last night. Very much social commentary, and a different role for Jennifer Saunders. Not what I was expecting in numerous ways.
I've become hooked on The Tunnel, a French & Brit series - cop show, murder mystery type of thing - & am now watching the 3rd & final series.
Good Omens, season 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime.

David Tennant has to be one of my favourite actors, and he does not disappoint in this one. Utter madness. Oh, and the other bloke is pretty good too.