Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching?
I have just watched The Chestnut Man. Very good. Danish thriller.  Prior to that I watched The Dress maker. Loved it.
Season 3 of Succession. It needs a fair bit of concentration but is well worth the time, with brilliant dialogue and characters. The plot can be confusing but reveals itself eventually .
Not just me then, I have to put down the knitting...
New season of Doctor Who currently, and Halt and Catch Fire...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I've also been watching Dog Rescue on Bravo with Alan Davies; its become habit forming after I almost gave up when the first episode was really sad but either I've got used to it or that was an especially awful case.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Just finished watching From Here to Eternity on dvd.

Probably the third time I've seen it. Superb.
Started re watching Shameless, the American version - when the Americans get it right copying a UK series, they really get it right. Haven't seen it for a few years, but still good.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
"Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!"

I like the clever stuff. It looks almost real...
(08-12-2021, 04:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: "Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!"

Did I read somewhere that there's now an updated version of Lost in space?
(08-12-2021, 05:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 04:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: "Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!"

Did I read somewhere that there's now an updated version of Lost in space?

Yes, I just watched the first episode - not sure about it yet. Seems a bit Dr Who-ish.
That is, Ok if you don't think about the science too deeply and don't get annoyed with people who keep saying that there is no time to lose but then spend precious moments chatting about nothing in particular! lol
(08-12-2021, 06:08 PM)Outsider Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 05:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Did I read somewhere that there's now an updated version of Lost in space?

Yes, I just watched the first episode - not sure about it yet. Seems a bit Dr Who-ish.
That is, Ok if you don't think about the science too deeply and don't get annoyed with people who keep saying that there is no time to lose but then spend precious moments chatting about nothing in particular! lol
I quite like Dr Who - especially the earlier series. I think sometimes you just have to suspend disbelief - unless it gets too silly of course. Wink
I'm into it now, will have to ride it to the end. I like that the kids are allowed to be heroes alongside adults.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a3030...t-trailer/
The Queens Gambit here

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10048342/

It was brilliant...
I loved Queens gambit - despite not playing chess. Smile

I think I may be slightly addicted to Tattoo fixers, on bravo Thursdays - unbelievable, the things some people get tatttooed on themselves. And most of the bloke's explanation start: " me & some mates were on holiday & had had a few". Smile
Predictable ending to Lost in Space, but fun nevertheless.

Now back to my Dexter marathon...
Good news from Stuff this morning, The Expanse Season 6 is coming on Dec 10 - and from my library my copy of the final book in the series - Leviathon Falls is now 4 readers away from my hands.

Should be a good Summer under the brollie...
In between rearranging the little deck after the big blow overnight I watched The Unforgivable on Netflix. Made me cry, and has a nice wee twist in it. Recommended for them as likes a bit of a sniffle movie.
Narcos Mexico Season 3

I am tempted by Narcos, it is one I never got round to. But I might leave it till I have recovered from Tin Star, Liverpool. The Brits do dark stuff so brilliantly.