What are you watching?
We are currently watching a few new ones:
Somebody somewhere - US series about a woman grappling with loss
Around the World in 80 days - the new one with David Tennant
The Gilded Age - the prequel to Downtown Abbey
Trigger Point - UK bomb disposal yarns
1883 - the prequel to Yellowstone
The Chelsea Detective - investigating murders in affluent London suburb
BBC's This Is Going To Hurt is pretty good. Ben Whishaw was born to play the role. It's set in a hospital and doesn't dial down the blood and gore in the pregnancy ward.

Was reading today that some "birthing experts" have complained that the show focuses too much on the male doctor and less on the women giving birth. They have stories too. Not sure why a series based on a doctor's bestselling autobiography should focus on other people, but people do love being precious about things.
(19-02-2022, 03:43 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: BBC's This Is Going To Hurt is pretty good. Ben Whishaw was born to play the role. It's set in a hospital and doesn't dial down the blood and gore in the pregnancy ward.

Was reading today that some "birthing experts" have complained that the show focuses too much on the male doctor and less on the women giving birth. They have stories too. Not sure why a series based on a doctor's bestselling autobiography should focus on other people, but people do love being precious about things.

Is this based on the book by Adam Kay? I've read the book and it's hilarious.
Watched The Debt which stars Helen Mirren, Sam Worthington somewhat predictable, none the less a reasonable watch
I'm hooked on Angela Black - its on late but worth watching, has Joanne Frogatt in the lead role.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Just started watching Hit & Run with Lior Raz, who also was  in TV Series Fauda.
Medici...

Ohhhh boy... TWO SEASONS! Woo hoo!
I'm watching The Professor lately - a Russian detective type thing, set say very early 20th Century...no motor vehicles and before the Revolution. Maybe sanitised, but seeing a Russia not normally shown - no aristocracy, no peasants, just middle class working people. Quirky enough to keep me interested.
(20-02-2022, 04:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Medici...

Ohhhh boy... TWO SEASONS!  Woo hoo!
yep that was a great series

If you haven't already The Great was hilarious...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235759/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Just finished watching Reacher series tonight, that was pretty good.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The Tinder Swindler on Netflik was an OK watch.
Enjoying Great Escapes TVNZ.
Well that's season 1 complete now for season 2...Oh wait Mmm
I liked the first season of The Great but gave up halfway through the first ep of season two. It just struck me as being excessively silly this time round. Might have been my mood...

Liking Gilded though.
Viewed Man On Fire, Denzil Washington, Christopher Walken, set in Mexico.
Washington plays a bodyguard to a 10 year old schoolgirl who is kidnapped.
Walken is his friend from their old army days.
WE watched a movie set in South Africa by the name  Shepherd & Butchers starring Steve Coogan, this set towards the end of Apartheid.
Some graphic scenes, adapted from a story penned by Chris Marnewick  who worked within the South African legal system
Finished the Medici, and caught up with Billions.

Money does help.
Currently enjoying Severance. Work-life balance in a creepy dystopia.
Oh boy Vikings Valhalla!

Happy Hunni...
In the last few days I've watched two docos and a concert film.

Coded Bias: about facial recognition systems. Nutshell: very bad news for black females in particular. 9/10

Downfall: about Boeing changing its focus from safety to sales following its merger with another aircraft manufacturer during the 1990s. Nutshell: try not to fly on Boeings, obvs. 8/10

Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii: in which Pink Floyd play live in an ancient Pompeii stadium in 1973, with no audience except for sound & film crew. Nutshell: catches Pink Floyd at their peak, prior to their entry into the dark side of their career as led by Roger Waters & later, Gilmour. 10/10
Autumn comes
Can I recommend Yellowstone, starts 9.30 tonight on Prime, for all those who do not stream Neon. It is a good watch...