Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could you live in a tiny home??
I could, quite happily.
I've been watching a few programmes on the tele, with people either building them for a client, or selling them as is.

It's amazing what you can fit into a tiny house.

https://www.nztinyhomes.com/plan/one-bed-option-1/
not sure I could, I like my space...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Where would I put my books, and my tools, and my cameras...
I do have other cameras!
(01-11-2021, 11:20 AM)Praktica Wrote: Where would I put my books, and my tools, and my cameras...
You gotta downsize to live in them. The storage that can be built into them, is amazing.
I do live in one. 30 square m including the little deck. If it wasn't for that deck and the lovely view from it I would find it extremely challenging to stay sane. I do not know how those in apartments with limited views do it.

The worst thing about my flat is the poor internal layout, the ancient fittings (think 60s kitchen) and a wardrobe that would suit a four year old. The best thing is it is safe, my tenancy is secure, and I can afford it. Considering the increasing numbers of desperate people needing safe affordable housing the wardrobe really is a tiny disadvantage.

It is a piece of paradise many would envy, and I know it.
(01-11-2021, 11:26 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I do live in one. 30 square m including the little deck. If it wasn't for that deck and the lovely view from it I would find it extremely challenging to stay sane. I do not know how those in apartments with limited views do it.

The worst thing about my flat is the poor internal layout, the ancient fittings (think 60s kitchen) and a wardrobe that would suit a four year old. The best thing is it is safe, my tenancy is secure, and I can afford it. Considering the increasing numbers of desperate people needing safe affordable housing the wardrobe really is a tiny disadvantage.

It is a piece of paradise many would envy, and I know it.
You have some grassed area too, I assume, as you have a garden?
There are lawns around the village, my garden is limited to the edges of my unit, but yes, those little spaces get well used! And I am colonising common space with random pots, just because I can...
(01-11-2021, 12:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There are lawns around the village, my garden is limited to the edges of my unit, but yes, those little spaces get well used! And I am colonising common space with random pots, just because I can...
Sounds lovely.

I don't want or need much outside space. Having privacy is important though. I don't have that where I am sadly. I would love to sit out on my deck, and not feel like I'm being watched or seen.
Well, we don't have much of that. We have curtain twitchers. But, if you are sitting on the deck with the chair placed so your back is to the neighbours it is mostly respected. I have added pots and barriers too which helps at least pretend it is a private space. I would load a pic for you but all my pics are too big to fit...

It is a very pretty space though. And all done on the cheap!!
(01-11-2021, 01:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, we don't have much of that. We have curtain twitchers. But, if you are sitting on the deck with the chair placed so your back is to the neighbours it is mostly respected. I have added pots and barriers too which helps at least pretend it is a private space. I would load a pic for you but all my pics are too big to fit...

It is a very pretty space though. And all done on the cheap!!
I am the curtain twitcher here. All in the name of keeping an eye on what's going on around me.

I prefer pots to a garden these days. I used to have a big cottage garden at my house in Hamilton, and had wildflowers growing too, and I collected as many seed pods as I could, before I moved here, and I've never scattered them here, so they stay in the brown paper bag, that I collected them into. I can't throw them out. Not sure how they would go, in a large pot/s. I'd be so happy to have a couple of large pots, filled to the brim with wildflowers.
I'm not sure I could - every now & then the urge to belly dance around the living room hits,& you can't really do that in a tiny house.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(01-11-2021, 01:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I would load a pic for you but all my pics are too big to fit...

try again if you like, the size limit was set low, i have increased if to 2048Kb (2MB ) which is the maximum I can do ATM due to system limitations (PHP).  But keep in mind a mid to high end smartphone could be upwards of 10MB

So options in that case are...
Take the photo again on a lower DPI / Quality setting or,
Upload to Facebook or similar and link to it using the 'Insert an Image' button
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-11-2021, 01:39 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm not sure I could - every now & then the urge to belly dance around the living room hits,& you can't really do that in a tiny house.
lol, the mind boggles. Depends on how big ya belly is, I 'spose. Tongue

Mind you, I kinda like to strip off in the daytime, in summer, but I close all the blinds.
(01-11-2021, 01:45 PM)king1 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 01:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I would load a pic for you but all my pics are too big to fit...

try again if you like, the size limit was set low, i have increased if to 2048Kb (2MB ) which is the maximum I can do ATM due to system limitations (PHP).  But keep in mind a mid to high end smartphone could be upwards of 10MB

So options in that case are...
Take the photo again on a lower DPI / Quality setting or,
Upload to Facebook or similar and link to it using the 'Insert an Image' button
If Hunni is using a smartphone, there may be a resizing app available, and if a camera and computer, there will be a program which came with the camera, which will resize.
I do have other cameras!
(01-11-2021, 01:49 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 01:39 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm not sure I could - every now & then the urge to belly dance around the living room hits,& you can't really do that in a tiny house.
lol, the mind boggles. Depends on how big ya belly is, I 'spose. Tongue

Mind you, I kinda like to strip off in the daytime, in summer, but I close all the blinds.

Ah but its not the big belly you need - its the big hips; belly dancers are the only people who want bigger hips because its less work. A tiny effort with big hips can look impressive but its much harder with smaller hips. Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(02-11-2021, 01:31 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 01:49 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: lol, the mind boggles. Depends on how big ya belly is, I 'spose. Tongue

Ah but its not the big belly you need - its the big hips; belly dancers are the only people who want bigger hips because its less work. A tiny effort with big hips can look impressive but its much harder with smaller hips. Angel
In that case then, I would be very impressive  Blush
You can.
It is all about furniture placement. As in have places to fall...
[attachment=14 Wrote:Oh_hunnihunni pid='4818' dateline='1635821112']
You can.
Testing...

Okay... that worked!
(02-11-2021, 05:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 02:45 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You can.
Testing...

Okay... that worked!
Oh well done. I might have to give it a go.
You look like you are lovely and cosy there.

You have a few house plants there hunni.
The other end of the room has a small cushion explosion. So between those and green things and bits of blue and white china - I have way too much stuff.

But I like it...