Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A selection of cameras, in no particular order.
(31-08-2023, 01:52 PM)SueDonim Wrote: That would have been top of the line when you bought it but is "only" 10.2mp. My first DSLR was a Canon 350D in about 2005 and I think was 8mp. My current 90D is 32mp which was a huge step up form the 18mp 700D that I also still use. Back in the day the camera was just a vehicle for the lens and film and you could go a long way with old cameras and good lenses. Today the size and quality of the sensor is as important as the lens and older digital cameras become outdated very quickly as technology moves forward. The quality of the camera doesn't go backwards, but the advances in new technology mean that active digital photographers always want more and there's little demand for old cameras. Even the DSLR has now been pretty much superseded, although I plan to continue with mine for a long time yet.

I use a Canon 60D, which is 18mp, and I have had large prints made from it, which have plenty of detail. To my mind, a lot of the "improvements" made to camera technology is to enourage churn...which means that those who buy second hand have good deals available. I haven't bothered with mirrorless cameras. The original ones had no viewfinders, and I find the back screen a pain to use without reading glasses. The more modern ones with EVFs are too expensive.
I do have other cameras!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A selection of cameras, in no particular order. - by Praktica - 31-08-2023, 02:13 PM